Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

chumbler posted:

First time I've ever seen 3 listed as the worst MGS game.
I still think its an easy 9/10 game at worst but once the emotional impact of it wears off I think there just isn't as much of interest in it compared to the rest of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'm still grossed out about how Paz was treated in Ground Zeroes and maybe that's the point: that it was horrifying, but it kinda also felt...exploitative? Like, using a thing that happens to people and that they have to live with the consequences of to show how much of a Bad Dude™ Skull Face was is not great.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I have forever put Ground Zeroes out of my memory so it's always a surprise when it's brought up.

I think Peace Walker is my ideal MGS game. idk I always liked the portable games. Like I'm surprised indies haven't latched onto Ghost Babel but at least I got Invisible Inc as "metal gear turn based strategy."

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2, 3, 5, Twin Snakes, 4 for me. All of them diamonds.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

al-azad posted:

At least with Policenauts it's completely player engaged which is amazing restraint when companies like ELF were at the top of their game. If you don't act like a pervert you never get the perverted dialog and I like how the game sort of flags this and rips on you every time you talk to a woman.

MGS4 he just wanted an excuse to have motion capture supermodels. It's the dumbest poo poo in the series but MGS4 is the dumbest game.

MGS5 is legit good game. Quiet is dumb but she has all of four scenes.
There's still Ground Zeroes and everything that happens to Paz and Chico which is peak :yikes:.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will never understand that reaction to ground zeroes.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

V > 3 > 2 > PW > 1 > PoOps > poop > 4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't believe this game has has a completely non-sensationalized, horrifying and alienating depiction of sexual abuse. *comically raising my voice 3 registers* Yuck!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wish games were art. So a superhero could say something pithy about rape.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

al-azad posted:

At least with Policenauts it's completely player engaged which is amazing restraint when companies like ELF were at the top of their game. If you don't act like a pervert you never get the perverted dialog and I like how the game sort of flags this and rips on you every time you talk to a woman.

MGS4 he just wanted an excuse to have motion capture supermodels. It's the dumbest poo poo in the series but MGS4 is the dumbest game.

MGS5 is legit good game. Quiet is dumb but she has all of four scenes.

I'm pretty sure in Policenauts you have to slap at least one woman's boobs because a robot fly lands on them.

Said woman also gets shot out of a window about 3 hours later.

In Training posted:

Can't believe this game has has a completely non-sensationalized, horrifying and alienating depiction of sexual abuse. *comically raising my voice 3 registers* Yuck!

What part of that required them to put a bomb in the woman's vagina

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
imo media in general being weird about sexual abuse doesn't make mgs being weird about sexual abuse in a different way, uh, not weird

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I am ashamed of my words and actions.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Those words were "I'm gonna play Ground Zeroes" and those actions were playing Ground Zeroes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

imo media in general being weird about sexual abuse doesn't make mgs being weird about sexual abuse in a different way, uh, not weird

What's weird about it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What do you mean by "weird"?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Colonel posted:

and kojima started watching season 3 of twin peaks while skipping fire walk with me

Y'all talk poo poo but I bet I'm the only motherfucker in here who's read FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper's autobiography.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm pretty sure in Policenauts you have to slap at least one woman's boobs because a robot fly lands on them.

Yeah, the plot absolutely requires Ingram to be a creep at that point.

And that's not getting into the really creepy and unnecessary "rebirthers" bit that they inserted into the game for no real reason.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

3 pw 1 V 2 4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

2 v 1=3

I have not played any other Solids.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Snake's Revenge

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ground Zeroes will always make me laugh because of "no, TWO bombs". It's like in Dead Snow where the guy gets bitten by a zombie so he cuts his arm off, and then a second zombie bites him in the junk. It's just a gag that will always get me, even when it is not meant to be one.

On a similar note, maybe that Aliens game has TWO typos. that was what I was acutally coming to the thread to say

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Really Pants posted:

Snake's Revenge

Came here to post this

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Rarity posted:

I've finished the Mages Guild questline in Oblivion. It was definitely the most boring one of the lot. Mannimarco bugged out on me as well so in the end I had to shove him underwater and get him caught in a tunnel so he drowned. Not exactly the shining victory it should have been.

I also really liked Vaermina's daedra quest where you go into this whole nightmare world. There's something very disconcerting about seeing this kind of thing in first-person that makes it much weirder and more off-putting.

Have you stumbled upon the Dagon quest yet?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
since when did everyone come around to metal gear solid 2?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

since we started living in it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
MGS 2 was always good, it was just sometimes drowned out by people mad about having to play as Raiden.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
With the exception of MGS2, which I had played when it first came out because of the hype despite not playing any of the other games, I played all of the mainline MGS games in the past couple of years following Phantom Pain's release for the first time. Well, except the MSX games which I just watched LPs for.

MGS3 was by far my favorite. It had the most interesting setting, the best boss fights, and probably the best singular story. I waffle a little bit between MGS1 and MGS2 next, but I'd probably lean towards 2 because I weirdly have nostalgia for it being the only one I first played when it was released. I like the Raiden reveal even though as a character I think he is super loving lame in especially 4 and Rising.

I don't have any strong feelings about Peace Walker, but that's exactly why its probably next because I largely dislike MGS4, V, and especially Ground Zeroes. 4 is insanely dumb and everything with Naomi would be the nadir of the entire MGS franchise if it were not for Ground Zeroes; its propped up by two great boss fights (and to be fair, they might be the best boss fights in the franchise) but then again the rest of the boss fights/characters suck a whole lot.

Phantom Pain just wound up boring by the end. I had a lot of fun playing it for a most of the game but it was so tedious to finish and the story was ultimately a giant nothing burger.

Virtually nothing matters about what's good in Ground Zeroes because what's bad (everything with Paz) is so unfathomably disgusting it will forever haunt my perception of Kojima.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Mgs 1 and 2 are great, 3 is also good but the camo, food and medical stuff is extraneous and ultimately drag it down.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i love calling para medic whenever i find new food

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/truongasm/status/1017863878972043264

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is good. UBISoft and Rainbow Six Siege both own.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Big :rip:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is this a record for a game?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

No way, there have to be tons of games that come out on steam and instantly bomb that don't even get noticed

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

lets hang out posted:

No way, there have to be tons of games that come out on steam and instantly bomb that don't even get noticed

And now apparently Nintendo wants a piece of that action? too. After being praised for their prior, non-steam handling of indie games, i.e. actual quality control.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Maybe it's just a slow starter, if two people each tell two friends, and then those four each tell two other people...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

asterioth posted:

So someone found out why the ai in aliens colonial marines was poo poo, a single spelling error in the ai code.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/aliens-colonial-marines-ai-fixed-by-a-single-letter.55247/

This is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Wonder how much was spent on The Culling 2.
Going to assume more than 249 people purchased the game. Assuming 1000 people purchased it, a cool 20k income before steam takes its cut?

• Locked thread