Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

elpaganoescapa posted:

That weird autorifle with 4 cannons seems almost like a primary power weapon, it just melts knights. Looking forward to it being nerfed in a forsaken week one patch

Don't worry it'll take them way longer than a week to make any changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
who is struggling with this-

"Game Informer reports that weapons will drop in a specific slot. The example given in the cover story is Hawthorne’s Field-Forged Shotgun, a very powerful shotgun from vanilla Destiny 2. This weapon will now always be found in the first slot."

This weapon will now always be found in the first slot.

always be found in the first slot.

the first slot.

(slot 1)

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I get it, standard weapons are white, weapons that were secondaries in d1 are green, weapons that were heavy in d1 are purple. How they're gonna decide what can be equipped in slot 1 and what can be equipped in slot 2 is what I'm curious about.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Depending on how much they changed from the E3 build, slot 1 is probably kinetic, and slot 2 is energy, and there's a mix of what weapons go where. Like how right now there's Origin Story is kinetic/slot 1/white ammo, and Uriel's which is energy/slot 2/green ammo, it'll change to Origin Story is kinetic/slot 1/white ammo and Uriel's is energy/slot 2/white ammo.

Mazerunner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYrOZAd26c0&t=354s

the top slot is always kinetic, but there's now kinetic snipers and he's also got a shotgun too and almost certainly there's kinetic

middle slot is always energy, now includes snipers shotguns and bows

or maybe not I dunno!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
My guess is bungie have no way of letting you choose a slot so they make that decision for you and allows them a little extra flexibility in balancing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Instead of loving around with ammo and messing with the rules for which weapon type uses which color why not just have one ammo type or maybe some light based magic ammo called "glimmer" or whatever and have it so all weapons draw from the pool based on their power level.

They're taking a system that generally did its job well even though it was kinda silly (rockets and snipers use the same ammo type), and making it unnecessarily complex. You should take complexity away instead of adding it.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
So am I going to be able to use a hand cannon/auto rifle and a scout at the same time or have one “primary” weapon I use 90% of the time and a sniper I never have enough ammo for and a rocket launcher I never have enough ammo for.

Because I don’t beleive for a second that they are going to have green ammo drop at the same rates in pve as it is now, so I’m looking forward to a D1 experience of switching into my secondary for rare dps spikes but otherwise basically barely using it and being stuck with all primary all the time.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kadath posted:

and being stuck with all primary all the time.

Would you agree that this is how it is now?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

who is struggling with this-

"Game Informer reports that weapons will drop in a specific slot. The example given in the cover story is Hawthorne’s Field-Forged Shotgun, a very powerful shotgun from vanilla Destiny 2. This weapon will now always be found in the first slot."

This weapon will now always be found in the first slot.

always be found in the first slot.

the first slot.

(slot 1)

Not all cultures read top to bottom dick head

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

So "old" guns are gonna change?

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Would you agree that this is how it is now?

Not at all, I’m constantly switching between kinetic and energy for different engagement ranges or enemy types like groups of weak dudes or a single stronger guy. Most of the time I run some combination of HC/AR and a Scout, switching weapons as I go. Pvp may be different, but I think most people run pulse/sidearm or something like that for the same reason.

Edit: if you mean “all primary” as in “always using primary weapons (even in multiples)” then yes, but I am saying I’d rather use two different primaries in a game balanced around that than a single primary and be low on ammo for my other two slots all the time.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Kadath posted:

So am I going to be able to use a hand cannon/auto rifle and a scout at the same time

yes

xzzy posted:

Instead of loving around with ammo and messing with the rules for which weapon type uses which color why not just have one ammo type or maybe some light based magic ammo called "glimmer" or whatever and have it so all weapons draw from the pool based on their power level.

They're taking a system that generally did its job well even though it was kinda silly (rockets and snipers use the same ammo type), and making it unnecessarily complex. You should take complexity away instead of adding it.

it's really not complex though

it's a return to D1 system- some weapon types use white ammo, some use green, but now with more flexibility and user control- do you want a kinetic 'special' and energy 'primary' (instead of the other way), or two primaries, or two specials. The choice is yours!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ah, thought you were talking about PvP

PvE is whatever. Use literally any gun for anything, any time, anywhere.

It'll be nice to have green ammo weapons back, since the current system of "only use purple ammo to get more purple ammo" is real lame.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also if Telesto uses green ammo that will be the best update in the history of the game.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
So do we get more vault space or what?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Insane Totoro posted:

Yes! In addition to no longer needing it.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Excellent!

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Insane Totoro posted:

Yeah we are getting more space, though since we can just shard the dumb guns in our collection we never use and rebuy them with the collection thing vault thing it doesn’t really matter as much.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Only Y1 guns, there’s no kiosk for the new random roll gear.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Least I can shard the bad hand cannons now

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Kadath posted:

Also if Telesto uses green ammo that will be the best update in the history of the game.

Probably will yeah.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

But yeah how prevalent green ammo is going to be remains to be seen

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The patch bringing good new changes drops Tuesday? What all does it bring? I’ve tried warframe, but it seems unpolished and kind of boring. All the mission types are largely the same and, unless I’m doing it wrong , you have to play tons of them to unlock the next single player campaign mission-lines. Weird choice. Also, I feel like I’ve been using the same weapons for hours of play time and making a new weapon takes 12 hours?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Pull out, jack off, all in one motion
Cranking on the hog while party chat' still open
Stuntin', shinin', flamboastin'
Blast rope, high, while my ghost lookin'

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 14, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Get out the way let the game just die

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Who's designing?

Devs got lazy

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

But yeah how prevalent green ammo is going to be remains to be seen

They'll likely alter how much a brick gives as well.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blind Rasputin posted:

The patch bringing good new changes drops Tuesday? What all does it bring?

We don't have official patch notes yet but someone on Reddit gathered all the individual promises so far:

-Clearing EP will increase the drop chance of weapons

-Momentum modifier removed from heroic adventures

-Mercury weapon set buyable after finishing all related grinds

-Catalyst available for Sturm

-New model for Iron Banner capture point landmarks

-A couple of weapon bugfixes

-Commas added to large numbers onscreen

-Preview sparrow contrails and spawn effect mods :woop:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

quote:

-Commas added to large numbers onscreen

Lol that this is an announced thing and people are celebrating it, that's a loving thing you fix, never announce and feel shame about wasting resources having to change it.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

CheeseFactory posted:

This is a D1 glitch. Which was hilarious when you could 1 shot stick people.

Now its not fun at all.

Applicable to almost all of d2

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

it's probably not even close to finalized

Which means it's ready to be rolled out!

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

post the mortal kombat bird

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

wintrrmute posted:

post the mortal kombat bird

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

this the good stuff

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Still enjoying this one lmao

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
The tip of the spear on the main fallen baron on forsaken is a piece of the traveller, right? That is how he can revive fallen

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

elpaganoescapa posted:

The tip of the spear on the main fallen baron on forsaken is a piece of the traveller, right? That is how he can revive fallen

I've always thought that given the lore and the fact they already have actual allied characters like Variks, making Fallen guardians a playable race would be a no-brainer and this would be the perfect way to lead into it. But since this is Bungie they will do the opposite.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

galagazombie posted:

I've always thought that given the lore and the fact they already have actual allied characters like Variks, making Fallen guardians a playable race would be a no-brainer and this would be the perfect way to lead into it. But since this is Bungie they will do the opposite.

This is a company that seems completely incapable of producing content at anywhere near the rate of other game developers out there. No way in hell they are able to deal with the kind of workload that something like fallen Guardians would demand.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They will add Fallen and will not add a 4th character slot