Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Shroud was at the pubg LA event yesterday and looked bored as gently caress. The announcers were so loud going "AND HERE COMES SHROUDS TEAM TO THE BRIDGE WHILE SOANDSO TEAM IS ON THE OTHER SIDE" and he's like "Good job, announcers. You realize we can all hear you in our ears?" His team got wiped pretty uneventfully and he just sat there nonplussed with the whole event. You can tell he's seriously burned out on it. Kind of sucks because he's fun to watch, but not when he's playing R6. That game is just not built up to be a good game to watch. Oh well, the Doc still has a huge hard on for it, so he'll be my go-to for a fix.

IoN is pretty fun. It feels a lot like CoD BR. The weapons are solid, and the options are solid, and they aren't super rare. I haven't had a match where I'm like "Holy poo poo, I've searched 10 buildings and I only have a pistol and a med kit." It just feels much faster paced and run and gun. Less stealthy hidey. It's a good addition, not a replacement. It has a fantastic training room that has all the guns and options available to shoot at holograms and a recoil test wall that tracks your shots until you step on a button and reset the wall. All BR games NEED this.

My biggest gripe right now is the long waits between matches. Fortnite is the best where it has a 10 second countdown and boom you're in. Why wait a minute or longer. Just GO GO GO. Get people into matches as quick as possible. Both PUBG and IoN have this weird wait time even after all people are ready to go.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Philthy posted:

Shroud was at the pubg LA event yesterday and looked bored as gently caress. The announcers were so loud going "AND HERE COMES SHROUDS TEAM TO THE BRIDGE WHILE SOANDSO TEAM IS ON THE OTHER SIDE" and he's like "Good job, announcers. You realize we can all hear you in our ears?" His team got wiped pretty uneventfully and he just sat there nonplussed with the whole event. You can tell he's seriously burned out on it.

I didn't catch it, but this sounds pretty bad. You can't really put it on the announcers though since it's not like they're responsible for the booths and layout. That's someone else's gently caress up.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Philthy posted:

My biggest gripe right now is the long waits between matches. Fortnite is the best where it has a 10 second countdown and boom you're in. Why wait a minute or longer. Just GO GO GO. Get people into matches as quick as possible. Both PUBG and IoN have this weird wait time even after all people are ready to go.

I've played with a few people who take so long to load during the first game of their session that they'll barely load in time before the plane forces the last players out. That being said, I still agree with you. A minute wait is way too long.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

From the PUBG event lol

https://twitter.com/drdisrespect/status/1018196100048515072

Chadd, Doc, J9, Shroud, deadmau5

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I uh…didn’t know he was 6’8”

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 14, 2018

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Ehud posted:

From the PUBG event lol

https://twitter.com/drdisrespect/status/1018196100048515072

Chadd, Doc, J9, Shroud, deadmau5

the boys

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

J9 literally has no personality and I turned on choco's stream recently, J9 was complaining he didn't have as many subs as choco and his tone was so whiny and defeated

The reason why doc is interesting to watch is because he has an actual personality, which comes with having a persona, but Jesus, you don't need that to be interesting. Watching some shroud + taco matches are also boring because the guys interact like molasses poured onto a barren cement floor despite having the combined gamesense of a Battle Royale deity

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Wait, Dr. Disrespect is still active? I thought after the whole IRL cheating thing blew up he stopped.

Also, is chocotaco still active in this thread? I thought they used to post here

I took a couple of months break from this dumb great game

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Doc came back after some time off and got some insanely high number of viewers for his triumphant return. Choco still streams (and has gone full time), but only really posted here once or twice to advertise, iirc.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Yeah I'm pretty sure someone hounded him or bought him an account because people were talking about how he was simply a chill streamer, which is a fact. Dude is mega chill and an enjoyable watch, just not an entertaining one

e- and yeah Doc came back after he patched things up at home. If his wife can forgive him I don't give a poo poo, I watch for him yelling and doing the thing where he rides a motorcycle and blasts cyberpunk music and then dies like an idiot and mugs for the camera

Is this game fixed from last week's update when everyone was going on about server issues? Was that client or server side in the end?

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 15, 2018

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Dangerllama posted:

I uh…didn’t know he was 6’8”

He says it all the time on stream. Lol. Just like "the two-time" but no one knew just how accurate he was being when he said that. Him being a two-timer and all.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I think I’ve watched a grand total of 15 minutes of his stream. He’s great but these episodes of Ugly Delicious aren’t gonna watch themselves.

also:

Zipperelli. posted:

Just like "the two-time" but no one knew just how accurate he was being when he said that. Him being a two-timer and all.

:golfclap:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
:rimshot:

revolther
May 27, 2008
Oh hey Tigerbeat streaming thread I like boys on the internet with cute butts too.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Nah, they're all PUBG players that push the game, so it's relevant. Streaming and gaming have become intertwined at this point.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Why should anyone care if they push the game.

The extent to which I care about stupid loving streamers is videos like wackjacky does that break down guns and techniques.

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 15, 2018

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
why should anyone care about what you care about?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

why should anyone care about what you care about?

why should anyone post on a forum?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I’m not a big stream consumer but streamers and China are what built this game up.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

streams of piss

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

you tell me

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
My general rule with streamers is that if they are not American they are usually pretty good

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Thermopyle posted:

Why would anyone moderate a forum without getting paid for it?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

VulgarandStupid posted:

Why would anyone moderate a forum without getting paid for it?

You vastly overestimate what I do as a mod of my little forum.

Basically, what I get out of it is the ability, once every couple years, to instantly take care of someone posting their nuts instead of waiting for someone else.

In exchange I give 5 minutes per month if my time.

As to why other mods do it, I cannot say.

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 15, 2018

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Sahnok gets a new DMR to replace the Mini

https://twitter.com/PUBG/status/1018568765447987200

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

EDIT: overly mean/snarky

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

what the gently caress is that training course they have in the video??

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thermopyle posted:

Why should anyone care if they push the game.

The extent to which I care about stupid loving streamers is videos like wackjacky does that break down guns and techniques.

I have absolutely no interest in watching any of the PUBG personalities or streamers but the answer to "why should anyone care" is pretty straightforward. If you enjoy a game, and it's an online competitive game which depends on others for you to play, the success of said game results in shorter queues, more active investment in the game, less chance they'll pull the plug on the game, and more balanced matches if the game does any sort of MMR.

Big names pull massive numbers towards games and you do need massive numbers to have a reasonable matchmaking experience. This is especially true outside of American servers, where if a game is not a top contender on twitch you might as well not queue at all outside of peak hours or you'll face a 1-2 hour long queue.

It cringes me to watch all those big name streamers on twitch so I don't, but as soon as you remove the people pushing the game you slowly but surely walk towards no longer have anyone else to shoot.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 15, 2018

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Elentor posted:

I have absolutely no interest in watching any of the PUBG personalities or streamers but the answer to "why should anyone care" is pretty straightforward. If you enjoy a game, and it's an online competitive game which depends on others for you to play, the success of said game results in shorter queues, more active investment in the game, less chance they'll pull the plug on the game, and more balanced matches if the game does any sort of MMR.

Big names pull massive numbers towards games and you do need massive numbers to have a reasonable matchmaking experience. This is especially true outside of American servers, where if a game is not being a top contender on twitch you might as well not queue for it at all outside of peak hours and face a 1-2 hour long queue.

I asked the wrong question, because of course you're correct.

I should have instead of asked "why do we need a half page of posts about streamers?". I mean, it's not like they're the Kardashians where it'd be actually worth talking about them!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Schneider Inside Her posted:

My general rule with streamers is that if they are not American they are usually pretty good

I stream.

So, your logic checks out.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Because there was a lovely event that blue hole had recently

Duh?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Thermopyle posted:

I should have instead of asked "why do we need a half page of posts about streamers?". I mean, it's not like they're the Kardashians where it'd be actually worth talking about them!

Because more posts = more chances for someone to post something that gets them banned = more :10bux: for Lowtax's cyber-back.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

CloFan posted:

what the gently caress is that training course they have in the video??

The area called Boot Camp, it has come targets in the middle pit. I did not know that they broke if you shot them, though.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

how dare someone post something related to the game in a limping toward death thread! the loving temerity!

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

The area called Boot Camp, it has come targets in the middle pit. I did not know that they broke if you shot them, though.

Ah, guess I've never been there. Here I was thinking the devs were holding out on us

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I should not have survived this TPP squad final circle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZciwlVkMfY

I'm not sure what that 3p squad was thinking. Vector's real good, though.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
looks like massive desync to me. dunno how the gently caress no one even pulled the trigger on you in that closet

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I clutched a 1v4 with no helmet against just9n's squad last night and he raged and called me bad for ~10 minutes. It was incredible.

For some reason him and his whole chat thought I was prone as well, which I never once went prone :shrug: It was a 1v4 and I was crouch walking around a hill until I heard some noises.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/285160797

Start at 2:20:00 About 30 seconds in you will see the other two goons I was playing with die crossing the water (I don't know how I made it across). That starts the 1v4. I'll post my view at some point later today.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I clutched a 1v4 with no helmet against just9n's squad last night and he raged and called me bad for ~10 minutes. It was incredible.

For some reason him and his whole chat thought I was prone as well, which I never once went prone :shrug: It was a 1v4 and I was crouch walking around a hill until I heard some noises.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/285160797

Start at 2:20:00 About 30 seconds in you will see the other two goons I was playing with die crossing the water (I don't know how I made it across). That starts the 1v4. I'll post my view at some point later today.

Wadu's perspective and chat during this was also pretty hilarious.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/285123267?t=04h06m19s

Well job sir. I helped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

how dare someone post something related to the game in a limping toward death thread! the loving temerity!

yeah thats what happened