Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

harukana receive ep 2 was insanely explicit about narumi, kanata, and ayasa's relationship, which i appreciated, also the match was pretty well done, could do without Some of the rear end shots but its still pretty good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I appreciated that the match ending play was not some secret plan, but the result of oh wait I didn't practice setting.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah Harukana 2 was a good step up from episode 1. Looking forward to the rest

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

harukana receive ep 2 was insanely explicit about narumi, kanata, and ayasa's relationship, which i appreciated, also the match was pretty well done, could do without Some of the rear end shots but its still pretty good stuff

i guess i'll continue this then lol

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I'd appreciate harukana recieve more if the thighs magically popped out of my computer and obliterated my skull with the force of a hydraulic guillotine.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wish they weren't quite so scared to draw girls with muscles.

It feels like they keep tiptoeing up to the line of giving them more but the faintest hint of definition and then backing off.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

It feels like they keep tiptoeing up to the line of giving them more but the faintest hint of definition and then backing off.

narumi has a decent amount of definition honestly

fa-GYO posted:

I'd appreciate harukana recieve more if the thighs magically popped out of my computer and obliterated my skull with the force of a hydraulic guillotine.

agreed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harukana Receive has an amazing soundtrack

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Narumi seemed fairly toned, yeah

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
zoids wild is a low budget kid's show, even compared to previous zoids anime. i wasn't exactly expecting high art, but this is awful. they even ruined the nice robot animal designs by having the intensely bland humans sit on top of them.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
They better not relax the amount of muscles in Saotome Senshu the day it gets adapted. Butts cannot be avoided in women's beach-volleyball but I've never thought to check if that's some inane rule of the game that applies if you start to do it at the slightest professional level. Was it the dying wish of some IOC senior with oligarch-money?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

OK I guess fate is loving with the Planet With protagonist, actively conspiring against him in his attempts to eat meat

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hanebado was really good today, I'm totally on board now after being a little uncertain for an episode or two. Season's rounding into very nice form. I could easily see 3 or 4 shows duking it out to my AOTS spot.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spiritus Nox posted:

This is a universal plague, unfortunately.

I have been known to rant about "THEY'RE ATHLETES/WARRIORS, AT LEAST MAKE THEM LOOK AS SUCH." From time to time.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

iospace posted:

I have been known to rant about "THEY'RE ATHLETES/WARRIORS, AT LEAST MAKE THEM LOOK AS SUCH." From time to time.

There was a person I follow on twitter who spent a significant chunk of time with a username of "HIBIKI HAS ABS YOU COWARDS, DRAW THEM", and, hell

(Hibiki being the Symphogear, of course)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spiritus Nox posted:

There was a person I follow on twitter who spent a significant chunk of time with a username of "HIBIKI HAS ABS YOU COWARDS, DRAW THEM", and, hell

(Hibiki being the Symphogear, of course)

Yup, she's definitely in that category (as are the others, except maybe Chris and Shirabe)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
To further expand on my earlier post:

Starlight Revue has fantastic choreography, animation, and a lovely OST accompanying it's action sequences, which feels like a bigger budget, modern day Ikuhara anime, a new age "Revolutionary Girl Utena". It even has a lot of similar stylistic and symbolic, almost dreamlike qualities that set it apart from most other contemporary anime. Even putting all of that aside, the subject matter of choreographed musical stage plays is something rarely, if ever before, the focus of an Anime, a medium that can make the subject matter truly come to life and do things that would be difficult in a traditional medium such as film, and I'm really curious to see how inventive the staff of the show will get with the setpieces, transformations, dream sequences, and action scenes. It truly brought a smile to my face few other anime in recent memory have.

And yes, it's pretty gay too.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Endorph posted:

narumi has a decent amount of definition honestly

Yeap

like how much more could y'all be asking fo-

fa-GYO posted:

ah.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Oh god is the name Soya in Planet With a pun????????

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Kind of surprised that nobody’s mentioned Nagisa from Hanebado yet.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

AnacondaHL posted:

Yeap

like how much more could y'all be asking fo-

ah.
this looks less like definition and more like she desperately needs to eat

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
like drat i can practically see your sternum, are you okay girl

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

iospace posted:

Yup, she's definitely in that category (as are the others, except maybe Chris and Shirabe)

Maria looks buff in the OP to AZX and it's rad, though this doesn't carry over to the rest of the season's animation.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Made the Planet With anime thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863359

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

iospace posted:

Have you seen Kozaki's Fire Emblem art? I think there's at least a few designs you might appreciate, especially when he's sketching on his own.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://files.catbox.moe/wnk5mm.webm

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread!

quote:

Planet With
J.C. Staff | Youhei Suzuki | Satoshi Mizukami | Mecha, Sci-fi | Original | Jul 8, 2018
A new original mecha anime and manga project by mangaka Satoshi Mizukami (Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Spirit Circle).
PV
Thread

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
she can not lie

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
kanata is all lesbians

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
harukana receive episode 1 was alright but it didn't really hook me, but episode 2 is my mood every day of my life

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I was not expecting Kanata to be The Thirsty One, tbqh

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
for many, it is the lesbian dream to be short enough to always see the asses of the tall

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Truly the curse of tall lesbians is our difficulty in admiring asses

assdmiring

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

The Colonel posted:

for many, it is the lesbian dream to be short enough to always see the asses of the tall

suddenly rethinking all the poo poo i've talked about being short

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

suddenly rethinking all the poo poo i've talked about being short

youre not short at all

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the state of being short, which i've looked down on in the past because i'm tall

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
womanlets vacate the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aep9Q0fSnSk

hosed up that a band named dyke and the blazers is heteronormative

• Locked thread