Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Papa John now saying he was "pushed" to drop the n word during a conference call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Also gently caress Elon forever

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EBB posted:

That is not surprising at all.

Quick, check to see if the sky is still blue

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Papa John now saying he was "pushed" to drop the n word during a conference call

Those assholes baited him into saying it by saying "Hello, let's begin". It was a liberal plot all along.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

my rebuttal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOlNHXQCT_4

this guy said no to samuel l jackson, so could papa john

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

EBB posted:

my rebuttal

Haha :D I've not seen that before.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

EBB posted:

my rebuttal

What a weird position to be in but that guy definitely handled it well.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

They were doing role playing or something to get him to be less racist in public, right? So the best case for him is that he completely failed a test to say “n-word” instead of actually saying the word?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

hobbesmaster posted:

They were doing role playing or something to get him to be less racist in public, right? So the best case for him is that he completely failed a test to say “n-word” instead of actually saying the word?

....is this a serious post? Was that really the situation?

What?

It’s 2018 and in 2018 I don’t know what’s real.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

....is this a serious post? Was that really the situation?

What?

It’s 2018 and in 2018 I don’t know what’s real.

quote:

Schnatter was on a call with marketing agency Laundry Service when he tried to downplay comments he made about the National Football League and allegedly said, “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s," and complained that the KFC founder never faced public backlash. The call was a role-playing exercise for Schnatter to prevent future public relations fumbles.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/11/papa-johns-shares-crater-after-report-that-founder-used-a-n-word.html

If we take him at his word then he was supposed to say... well not that

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

What the gently caress :lol:

Yeah racism doesn’t exist we just role play to make our lovely boss seem less racist. And he fails.

2018 sucks.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
I couldn’t find it on YouTube, but I think James Davis had the best possible segment on the matter at hand:

http://comedycentralasia.com/videos/hood-adjacent-with-james-davis-ruin-your-life/

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1018217690190802949

this is p good

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Also gently caress Elon forever

Elon is still a net gain for the world, sorry he's not actually Jesus-like.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Godholio posted:

Elon is still a net gain for the world

extremely debatable

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

extremely debatable

So far the biggest negatives seem to be lovely safety practices at Tesla and a handful injuries (some that may have been severe) that may have been covered up. VS almost single-handedly pushing the public's interest in EVs to the point that it's drat near a normal thing. Oh, and kick-starting the reusable rocket era, which tips the scales of space ventures much closer to where it needs to be for commercial interests to get involved.

I think on the "current supervillain" list he's pretty far down. The submarine idea was pretty dumb, but it's not like he actively prevented anyone there from doing their jobs. They told him to get out of the way and he did. gently caress him, I guess.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Godholio posted:

gently caress him, I guess.

Yes. Unironically guillotine the bastard for using vast amounts of public funds to rake in money while barely paying the people *actually* doing those things you said.

He's evil.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Kind of curious, why all of the hate in this thread for Elon vs. Thiel, who's basically a distilled version of everything that's bad about Musk, without any of the positives? Is it just because one of them is in the news more vs. the poo poo you all know he's doing to gently caress up the world?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I approve of musk being anti union, threatening to move his plant over taxes, making his ex wife sign a prenup as he told her "I am the alpha in this relationship" and lied to her about it, and only giving a poo poo about flint when his PR stunt in thailand backfired.

I mean I am all for rich people spending more money on dumb things, instead of their workers, like the old roman aristocracy.

Good guy? No, not by a long shot.
Super villain? Not that either.

Just a lovely rich person who only does things for more investment money (shooting car into space) or when his feelings get hurt.

He is the liberal donald trump.

psydude posted:

Kind of curious, why all of the hate in this thread for Elon vs. Thiel,

One was recently in the news for building a child coffin.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Elon Musk has not done anything "single-handedly", and believing that he has is just buying into the weird cult of personality around him.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

psydude posted:

Kind of curious, why all of the hate in this thread for Elon vs. Thiel, who's basically a distilled version of everything that's bad about Musk, without any of the positives? Is it just because one of them is in the news more vs. the poo poo you all know he's doing to gently caress up the world?

Yospos has the Peter Thiel thread. Can't be too derivative.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
doesnt the pos also have a musk hate thread

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

psydude posted:

I fuckin' hate Thiel too, but right now ain't nobody talking about that shitbird

We're talking about the Musk shitbird

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Professor Bling posted:

I fuckin' hate Thiel too, but right now ain't nobody talking about that shitbird

We're talking about the Musk shitbird

Also Thiel doesn't have a legion of weird nerds to argue on his behalf every time he does something public. He an rear end in a top hat conservative with money, people know that, and that's about the entire story.

Thiel and Palantir should definitely be in the spotlight a lot more than they are though.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1018271195685425153?s=21

:laugh:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
No one knows about Thiel anymore. Sorry if that makes the Musk derision seem very unfair to Mr. Musk.

Poor Elon. Won’t anyone stop mocking him so we can talk about Thiel?!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Guys remember we're supposed to be nice to billionaires

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

No one knows about Thiel anymore. Sorry if that makes the Musk derision seem very unfair to Mr. Musk.

Poor Elon. Won’t anyone stop mocking him so we can talk about Thiel?!
I guess my point is that it's not really news when he posts his latest dumb idea on Twitter. Everyone knows Elon's a turd. Meanwhile, there were a total of three posts about right wing death squads rehashing the best hits of the 80s in Nicaragua.

psydude fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jul 15, 2018

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Guys remember we're supposed to be nice to billionaires

I promise to use a reasonable portion of their repatriated worth in order to give them a humane burial and reasonable tomb stones.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

I promise to use a reasonable portion of their repatriated worth in order to give them a humane burial and reasonable tomb stones.

if theres anything left to bury once we eat the rich

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if theres anything left to bury once we eat the rich

bury your turds

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Midjack posted:

bury your turds

you're not my real dad

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Talked to a friend of mine tonight that I haven't seen in months. I asked him what he thinks of the government and he said "Well...Trump is obviously an idiot...but my stocks are way up so I don't know..." This could be an issue for voting his rear end out.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

She absolutely has a point that democrats will also gently caress black people over and that they (like pretty much every "regular" politician) will take money from the devil, but she doesn't exactly offer an alternative to voting for democrats in the midterms that would yield at least a semblance of a bulwark against even more lovely racist policies being pushed through by the Trump administration.

Yes, that initiative in LA she talks about is absolutely a move that doesn't help black folks at all because elected democrats ignore minority priorities, but I have trouble seeing how prioritizing pushes for regional equality over trying to win in the midterms doesn't gently caress them over even more.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fister Roboto posted:

Elon Musk has not done anything "single-handedly", and believing that he has is just buying into the weird cult of personality around him.

Did you see the cutesy art of the escape where the navy divers were represented as cute baby seals, the international divers as frogs and elon musk was Iron man? That's the loving quality of his PR division and by god they need a raise.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

No one talks about Peter Thiel because all of the bad poo poo he does is mostly behind the scenes. The vast number of people in the US don't know about his part in taking down Gawker, and probably don't remember that was ever a thing. He's free to sit back, fund really awful causes, and try to live forever. The American public at large doesn't know or care because they're a bunch of spectacle loving retards who are too busy watching what the stupid Afrikaaner is up to.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
More fun musk news: info hits the streets that he’s one of the biggest GOP financiers in the house for the 2018 elections. His justification for this is literally pay for play and then to claim that he’s a registered independent and moderate. :lol:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm sure they will listen to him over the other billionaires paying the GOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I’m sure he’s telling them the exact same thing: cut my taxes and give me more money.

• Locked thread