Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

aren't those strikers

The problem we had last season was that our next attacking move was to bring one of those two on, which meant either taking off Firmino and replacing him with a vastly inferior alternative, or taking off one of Mané/Salah and moving Firmino out of position.

Shaqiri means we can make an attacking sub in the wide areas without that massive drop off in quality.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Word is we'll be back for Fekir but I must be one of the only people that's not so excited about that. He's got ability, no doubt, but I don't see how he fits into our team without upsetting the way we play.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Aulas is constantly talking to the media about Fekir. After Sunday we might see some very fast movement imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so now liverpool have signed Shaqiri stoke have enough money to buy Ritchie from Newcastle who are going to replace him with Andros townsend again

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Jorginho (and Sarri) to Chelsea is a done deal

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1018111976923377665?s=19

Fabian Balbuena to West Ham is a DONE DEAL

Don't know much about him but all the Corinthians fans on Twitter seem to be bummed out that he's leaving so that's a good sign. And only 3.5 million.

Anderson has also signed but will likely be announced later (maybe so Balbuena isn't treated like an also-signed)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

isaac hayden has put in a transfer request because he wants to move back near his family and brighton are willing to pay £10m for him. considering he barely played last season and we signed him for £5m 2 seasons ago thats not too bad

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1018111976923377665?s=19

Fabian Balbuena to West Ham is a DONE DEAL

Don't know much about him but all the Corinthians fans on Twitter seem to be bummed out that he's leaving so that's a good sign. And only 3.5 million.

Anderson has also signed but will likely be announced later (maybe so Balbuena isn't treated like an also-signed)

Good now leave Alfie Mawson alone.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1018116614020005888

Waste of £2m on someone no better than a couple in our own academy.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

isaac hayden has put in a transfer request because he wants to move back near his family and brighton are willing to pay £10m for him. considering he barely played last season and we signed him for £5m 2 seasons ago thats not too bad

This would leave central midfield pretty light with only really Shelvey, Ki and Diame available. Comedy option Saivet

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

This would leave central midfield pretty light with only really Shelvey, Ki and Diame available. Comedy option Saivet

Shelvey and Ki as an old-fashioned midfield two worked way better than it had any right to.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Balotelli's move to Marseille fell apart, even though he already had his medical and whatnot. I thought he was fully out of contract, but apparently Nice have an option for another year, and they have a handshake deal that they'll sell him for €10m. They weren't happy that he showed up at Marseille, because they hadn't agreed to a deal yet.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

sassassin posted:

Shelvey and Ki as an old-fashioned midfield two worked way better than it had any right to.

I’m all for it but Diame is old and that’d be the only backup option.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/1018188959472594944

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i too want to go to japan and get paid insane amounts of money and watch anime. ganbatte

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It’s gonna be Real Madrid, right? Checks all the boxes. Hazard and Kante for 150 million in a bundle deal.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jose posted:

i too want to go to japan and get paid insane amounts of money and watch anime. ganbatte

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Vegetable posted:

It’s gonna be Real Madrid, right? Checks all the boxes. Hazard and Kante for 150 million in a bundle deal.
150m for Kante and Hazard would be a steal

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

This is going to end in tears.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

Balotelli's move to Marseille fell apart, even though he already had his medical and whatnot. I thought he was fully out of contract, but apparently Nice have an option for another year, and they have a handshake deal that they'll sell him for €10m. They weren't happy that he showed up at Marseille, because they hadn't agreed to a deal yet.

The handshake deal fell apart when Balo treated it as a foregone conclusion and stopped showing up to training while he was still under contract at Nice, so Nice naturally upped the price. Or so goes the story I heard.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Brony Car posted:

Shaqiri is a cool angry midget with that disease those hosed up muscle dogs have and he's going to fulfil the Craig Bellamy role by punching soft u18s in the throat during training

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Vegetable posted:

That’s incredibly low.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

fat gay nonce posted:

Shaqiri is a cool angry midget with that disease those hosed up muscle dogs have and he's going to fulfil the Craig Bellamy role by punching soft u18s in the throat during training

Well, now you've won me over on the deal.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Brony Car posted:

Why is his head leaning like the pisa tower

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Kurtofan posted:

Why is his head leaning like the pisa tower

Dude uses a cross handed grip on the deadlift smdh

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Dude uses a cross handed grip on the deadlift smdh

Well it's that or straps once there's decent weight on the bar tbh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

that fivehead god drat

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

that fivehead god drat

He should go with some cornrows to distract from that, imo

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

hadji murad posted:

That’s incredibly low.

N'Golo, at the very least, should go for Pogba money.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Kante is the best DMF in the world and his teams won the PL 2 out of 3 seasons, he's worth Neymar money imo

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

DONE loving DEAL

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1018419901386485761?s=19

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
can some west ham fans post some some tables re: how the gently caress their 70 players are supposed to line up

also can the dildo brothers buy joe hart please

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Sam Clucas was out in Swansea last night celebrating Burnley's £12m offer to buy him. Good way to recover from surgery.

The lad's a oval office.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Don't slit your wrists yet EvilHawk.

Apparently Liverpool are still ahead of Chelsea as the favourites to sign Allison

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

CyberPingu posted:

Don't slit your wrists yet EvilHawk.

Apparently Liverpool are still ahead of Chelsea as the favourites to sign Allison

Yeah saw that this morning. Not sure on the reliability but the pattern we've seen this summer is that the links are coming out of the selling clubs rather than the buying ones.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Fabinho deal kind of takes the fun out of the window for Liverpool fans. Not that I'm not happy with it, just that transfer appeared out of nowhere so it makes you doubt rumors and insiders even more than usual

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Apparently Southampton have bid £20m for Ings. Which would be great for us and him, but surely they can do better?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Apparently he had an offer from Real Madrid but he rejected it because he gets 10M for being fired, which Is the same I would have done tbh

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gorn Myson posted:

The Fabinho deal kind of takes the fun out of the window for Liverpool fans. Not that I'm not happy with it, just that transfer appeared out of nowhere so it makes you doubt rumors and insiders even more than usual

There's been a clear message from the club that they're not going to feed info to journos until it is 100% secured, like Shaqiri (where they reported that he was at Melwood for a medical but everything was already tied up and signed before then). Fekir is probably an outlier in that regard, but there's still a chance that deal gets revived.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

belgend posted:

shaqiri's been found out in less competitive leagues, what the gently caress is he going to do at liverpool

Maybe he’s the stealth new goalkeeper signing

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Vegetable posted:

Hazard and Courtois to Madrid, Kanté to Barca

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

tarbrush posted:

Apparently Southampton have bid £20m for Ings. Which would be great for us and him, but surely they can do better?

Mark Hughes

• Locked thread