Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi sunday morning games chat thread, how are you doing today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good, I'm doing laundry and planning to finish danganronpa 2. Also the pc port of UNIST finally got announced which is great news

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm just getting out of bed and now I'm gonna play some Hollow Knight while eating breakfast and then maybe practice guitar for a bit.

It's going to be a hot day :sigh:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

In Training posted:

Also the pc port of UNIST finally got announced which is great news

Hell yeah I've been waiting for this

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It is going to be 91 degrees today. I'm gonna just stay on the couch by a open window with a fan blowing on my face and play video games. It's too hot to do anything else.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I'll always associate that song and other classical music pieces with EarthWorm Jim 2 of all things.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fun fact about what came to be known as the de facto Italian theme music is that it's not a traditional Italian folk song as you would expect. It was a promotional song written for the opening of a cable car line that runs up Mount Vesuvius.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Colonel posted:

there's combat but like, it's interspersed with really awkward platforming across moving platforms. i have a tolerance for that stuff but even i just kind of. tuned out immediately

Eww pass.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Started up Oracle of Ages last night and played till like 4am because of Zelda chat.

Zelda games are pretty cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

Fun fact about what came to be known as the de facto Italian theme music is that it's not a traditional Italian folk song as you would expect. It was a promotional song written for the opening of a cable car line that runs up Mount Vesuvius.

Its a funicular. :colbert:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi sunday morning games chat thread, how are you doing today?

I'm gonna make biscuits and gravy here in a bit for my fiancee before she goes to work. Then I'll probs spend the afternoon being a house-(future)husband. She's starting to get more and more worn out by her retail job, and it pays her poo poo. She used to do art commissions and make/sell botanical stuff (soaps, lotions, etc) to make pocket change. I did the math on it the other day, and if she sells $250 worth of art/soap a week, she'd make at least much as she does at a job she hates. So I'm gonna try to get her soap table and art desk cleaned up this afternoon to encourage her to start doing that stuff again. If she goes hard in the paint on doing it again, maybe when she takes maternity leave next year when we try for a baby, she can just stay at home doing that stuff instead of going back to work.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

bloodychill posted:

I started as the hunter. So, uh, I can say with certainty that the game is designed to destroy ESL folks because it uses so many English dialects.

It's great you can go from middle English to cockney rhyming slang to Tressa's parents being from Fantasy Minnesota.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Biscuits and gravy sounds real good and I am legit tempted to ask KCB if she wants to hit up Eat n Park for their sunday brunch buffet so I can get some

KCB and I are mostly gonna rest today, maybe head out to pick up some odds and ends at walmart (a funnel, some coolant, some peanut butter maybe, possibly some lunch meat), and we might head to the local coffee shop and play a board game or two in the back since they have a nice wide table back there and it's nice and quiet and calm

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah yeah, the ol’ funneled coolant lunchmeat peanut butter for lunch. nice

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's actually for enemas

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

too much

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Butt chuggin some ham

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Spending the morning playing Captain Toad on the switch. Never had a Wii U, so this is a nice little puzzle/treasure game.

I used to hate Toad's chain smoking voice, but now I actually like it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

please don't put coolant up your butt

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what if it’s hot

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIWyZmFSep0

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Butt chuggin some ham

new thread title imo

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Fortnite Season 6: Butt Chuggin' Some Ham

Butt Chuggin' Some Ham, a Hideo Kojima Production

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Minecraft, the Butt Chuggin' Some Ham Together Update

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

All games should end with a dance party over the credits.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

All games should end with a parade over the credits.

Warcraft III was the first time I saw this and it was the best thing.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

mutata posted:

Under Night BUTT-CHUGGIN [some:ham]

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Really Pants posted:

Under Night BUTT-CHUGGIN [some:ham]

A Rodeo Yojimbo production.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

oddium posted:

i've never played a tales game but i will say that Tales Skits sounds like a star wars character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=106xSkAq3cE

this is what tales skits are, they just show everyone in the party bouncing off of each other at specific bits so presumably they mean octopath has something like that

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

I said come in! posted:

It is going to be 91 degrees today. I'm gonna just stay on the couch by a open window with a fan blowing on my face and play video games. It's too hot to do anything else.

Since the Switch in handheld mode doesn’t seem to need to run the fan, I have discovered another benefit of that console over my glorified space heaters that run games too.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mutata posted:

cured and packaged
by
Hideo Kojima

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Meatal Gear Solid V: Ground Gyros

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I made myself a banging macaroni and cheese with cauliflower and pancetta for dinner. After I'm finished I'll play some more Oblivion where I'm now working my way through exploring all the random dungeons dotted around the map and reading all of the books. I like to be thorough.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I’m playing Arcade Archives Double Dragon and it’s a bad and ugly game and it’s amazing how much better the NES version is both visually and musically despite being made for much less powerful hardware

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

One thing disheartening about deciding to start collecting old games is that GameCube had relatively fewer fans, and they tended to be more dedicated, so it’s way harder to find used GameCube games for cheap

okay hold up what are you looking for and what's your definition of cheap

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

skipping forward a few pages to say hyrule warriors is the best zelda

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

FirstAidKite posted:

It's actually for enemas

ah yeah, the ol’ funneled coolant lunchmeat peanut butter enema for lunch. nice

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011