Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Clear foul, clear handball

Good Ref, Good Var

RIP Croatia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

vyelkin posted:

alexi lalas says its a penalty so everyone who says its a penalty is agreeing with alexi lalas

therefore it is not a penalty

this is fair, I concede.

Not a peno.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

paddyboat posted:

He flippin karate chopped that ball, wtf

Son this ain't no shaolin soccer

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Kwagga posted:

SRCE MI GORI

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

vyelkin posted:

alexi lalas says its a penalty so everyone who says its a penalty is agreeing with alexi lalas

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
It'd never be given in any league anywhere in the world, but it's been given all tournament because VAR, so it had to be given this time too

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

vyelkin posted:

lol poo poo

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
lol Croatia have 7 shots so far and France have 1

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

itt we are france

fart *own goal after a dive*
fart *lovely lucky handball*
faaart *ball hits giroud's rear end, both posts and goes in*

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
let see which side the Australian entirely croatian SBS analysists want to win in this fair and balanced half time examination

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Listen up and ill tell a story

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Anyone who thinks its a pen has never played sports in their life and is a geek IMHO

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

Listen up and ill tell a story

GRIMES

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It should only be a penalty if it is clear and obvious that the referee's original decision was objectively wrong. And you can make an argument that it shouldn't be one, so it can't be one according to the rules.

"I've seen them given" isn't enough in this case, because of the var rules.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

African AIDS cum posted:

has never played sports in their life and is a geek IMHO

dsyp

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

African AIDS cum posted:

Anyone who thinks its a pen has never played sports in their life and is a geek IMHO

Agreed.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
imagine choosing to have alexis lalas' voice anywhere near a world cup final ur watching

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

sassassin posted:

It should only be a penalty if it is clear and obvious that the referee's original decision was objectively wrong. And you can make an argument that it shouldn't be one, so it can't be one according to the rules.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

:agreed:

"its an easy rule just don't put your hand in the ball" says the basement goon who has no idea what is body momentum or playing football at all

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

this exactly, if you don't think that's a natural position you've never jumped to win a header

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Instead of analysis or pundits, French TV just shows 15min solid of adverts, 80% of which star Antoine Griezmann. Painful stuff

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tongues posted:

let see which side the Australian entirely croatian SBS analysists want to win in this fair and balanced half time examination

The right side

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

African AIDS cum posted:

also probably conflicted about his or her own sexuality

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

TotalHell posted:

Does Putin get a claim on Croatia if they lose

Putin is too busy, he's planting polonium in Croatia's door handles after they beat Russia.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

BBC currently showing the goals of the tournament and phwoar we've been spoiled this year lads we really have

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kwagga posted:

also probably conflicted about his or her own sexuality

Who doesn’t want to at least kiss a cock

Try it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

DaddyBigBucks posted:

Brutal VAR decision, not clear and obvious error. Slow motion replay makes poo poo seem worse. Argentina fails at loving everything

Yeah, this is the bigger sticking point for me. Irrati, the guy who has been the most reliable VAR in the tournament, says penalty. Howard Webb, who has done a world cup final, doesn't think it is. There is definitely room in the Laws for debate about it being not a penalty (where was his arm supposed to go, the change of trajectory from a deflection before, etc). With how long it took Pitana to decide to agree, combined with it being debatable, I think there is a good argument that this was not clear and obvious as an error, and therefore VAR should not have intervened, even though I personally think it was definitely a penalty.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

It doesnt matter because the french are loving gutless bottlers and will give up 3 more goals and get absolutely BTFO

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

screw what Yoko says, I found the real winner of the World Cup

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
There's a lot of French people on my social media feed who have never cared about soccer before talking about how happy they are. I guess that's nice.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Troy Queef posted:

:allears:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Mystic Stylez posted:

:agreed:

"its an easy rule just don't put your hand in the ball" says the basement goon who has no idea what is body momentum or playing football at all

And referees are all adult virgins who never played anything but sega genesis its a fuckinh disgrace

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Brony Car posted:

There's a lot of French people on my social media feed who have never cared about soccer before talking about how happy they are. I guess that's nice.

Probably Paris, Marseille, a bunch of others too.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Brony Car posted:

Its very nice

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Troy Queef posted:

i thought it was her who cheated with icardi causing the divorce from maxi lopez but apparently thats not true lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

African AIDS cum posted:

I have fibromyalgia, body disphoria, and autism tbf

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Messi and Suarez don't seem like they're actually friends if they can get all pissy over an international tournament.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

sassassin posted:

Yeah you're right actually. Shouldn't have been given.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Little Croatian bitches trying to cheat their way into a win. It doesnt work that way. Glory for the great. The exit is that way, losers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
popravak je u

• Locked thread