Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Dadonov has insane fancies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The Ottawa Senators select, from the New York Rangers, winger Pavel Buchnevich.

This pick is really banking on him taking a step up, but every indication shows that he is ready to be and already is a top forward. Boxcars per 60, possession stats, and the eye test. He's that good, his coach just didn't seem to think so. He earned time on a good power play unit that remains intact (Ziba-Zucc-Kreids-Buch-Shatty) and two other top six forwards (Nash and Miller) were shipped out at the deadline. While he'll be on a weak team next year in the real NHL, that team's problems are defense and forward depth. The biggest factor holding him back last year was his coach playing 13 other forwards more at even strength, a list which is laughable.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Alright, tomorrow's order:
glynnenstein (till 12 PM EST)
Thufir
ThinkTank
fawning deference
stab

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The Washington Capitals select Jake Muzzin.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Probably need a goalie at some point so Preds will draft Frederik Andersen

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I really need to supplement other parts of my roster, but I can't pass up on the opportunity to take Andrei Svechnikov

fawning deference you're up

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ThinkTank posted:

I really need to supplement other parts of my roster, but I can't pass up on the opportunity to take Andrei Svechnikov

fawning deference you're up

He was literally going to be my pick. You cocksucker. I was psyched for my Hall-Larkin-Svechnikov line! I will need a minute.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I am also working and cannot go through my options easily so I will pick my backup and shore up my defense. This guy has been solid as heck for years as a two-way transition defenseman and has an incredible contract at just $3.75m for the next 4 years.

The Blackhawks select Mattias Ekholm.

Hall-Larkin
Zibanejad

Provorov
Ekholm

I love the look of this team and the contracts!

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

fawning deference posted:

I am also working and cannot go through my options easily so I will pick my backup and shore up my defense. This guy has been solid as heck for years as a two-way transition defenseman and has an incredible contract at just $3.75m for the next 4 years.

The Blackhawks select Mattias Ekholm.

Hall-Larkin
Zibanejad

Provorov
Ekholm

I love the look of this team and the contracts!

You suck and I hate you

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

stab sent me his list again. He selects Teuvo Teravainen.

Next up:
eXXon (till 1:13 PM EST)
tofes
Boomer The Cannon
corn on the cop
Jordan7hm

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

In honour of the upcoming World Cup, and to give Karlsson a busted ankle buddy, I will select Bowie Horvat, who is ostensibly one of the worst first line centers in the league.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Don't have time for a lengthy write up but dadonov and the nuge sound like a cartoon duo or some terrible daytime radio DJs.

Dadonov - Crosby -
- RNH

Doughty
Barrie

Good core. Win now with some youth. Don't plan on drafting a goalie for another 5-6 rounds.

Thanks to whoever filled out the sheet for me.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Kilza posted:

stab sent me his list again. He selects Teuvo Teravainen.

Next up:
eXXon (till 1:13 PM EST)
tofes
Boomer The Cannon
corn on the cop
Jordan7hm

Thanks kilza busy with fam

Also teuvo is a C in my books not a lw so hes gonna slot in as my 2nd line C

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

stab posted:

Thanks kilza busy with fam

Also teuvo is a C in my books not a lw so hes gonna slot in as my 2nd line C

Depending on some rfa signings you could have a core worth like 10 mil. Excellent.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

JoelJoel posted:

Depending on some rfa signings you could have a core worth like 10 mil. Excellent.

My core costs 10.5 mil and is one player.

All hail Carey.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
the las vegas golden knights are proud to select another center, Matt Duchene

boomer is up

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

stab posted:

My core costs 10.5 mil and is one player.

All hail Carey.

Woops, I was looking at a false's team.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
At this point, I don't know which teams are gimmicks any more.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
They all are.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The gimmick is a buncha aging nerd-jocs convinced they're smatter and know hockey better than 90% of actual NHL execs

(we are and we do)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

At this point, I don't know which teams are gimmicks any more.

Hi!

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Winnipeg takes Jacob Trouba.

E:

Huberdeau - Tavares
- Turris

Werenski - Trouba

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Vancouver would like to have multiple dynamic puckmovers from the backend. Oscar Klefbom is a big shooter, excellent in transition, and can provide stability on the left side.

Panarin - Granlund - Rakell

X - Klingberg
Klefbom - X

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is Jake the Snake Guentzel a 50 point player as demonstrated by his regular seasons, or a ppg player as demonstrated by his playoffs?

The Carolina Hurricanes are betting somewhere in between.

I loving love this guy. He plays incredibly smart hockey. His scoring chances are all from the slot, and he does his work almost entirely in an around the net. He’s a slippery little fucker who gets to the dirty zones and has a wicked sense of timing.

Guentzel - O’Reilly - Laine
Trochek

Yandle

?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

Is Jake the Snake Guentzel a 50 point player as demonstrated by his regular seasons, or a ppg player as demonstrated by his playoffs?

I loving love this guy. He plays incredibly smart hockey. His scoring chances are all from the slot, and he does his work almost entirely in an around the net. He’s a slippery little fucker who gets to the dirty zones and has a wicked sense of timing.

Trochek

Yandle

?

It's a shame he never got to play with prime Crosby but he still seems to have an almost Tanguay-esque brain for getting perfect shot chances.
He was also, despite his stature, the leading hitter for the Pens after they dumped Cole and Reaves.

On the block:
Technetium
HootTheOwl
a false
T-Bone
Drunk Canuck

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Give me beautiful sheltered boy Colin Miller

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Guentzel was next on my list, he's a good young scorer. Only reason I picked Buch is because it seems like Guentzel was already in an ideal situation, so he had less situational room to improve. If he gets his regular season any closer to his playoff game, he can be an all star.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

Trochek

Yandle

?

He owns. I think if he got #1pp time he could hit 60 points.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
thinktank you motherfucker

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

I would've taken him next, partially to ruin your life.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

He owns. I think if he got #1pp time he could hit 60 points.

I think he’s a lucky year away from ppg especially if he plays wih Crosby.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

I'm not sure about that, but I don't doubt for a second he can get 30 goals. The other great thing is that he does a fine job as a center when injuries crop up.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

That might be tough without #1 pp time but if he got lucky maybe. He is real good.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
After that terrible last pick I'm going to send my coach a message. The Flames of Calgary are taking Brent Seabrook.
Relive 2013 for all time.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

...okay then

Next up:
a false (until 4:41 PM EST)
T-Bone
Drunk Canuck
Good Soldier Svejk
Ginette Reno

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

That might be tough without #1 pp time but if he got lucky maybe. He is real good.

Yeah he would need first line PP too. Haven’t looked it up or anything but I doubt there are many ppg guy who don’t get significant pp time.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I think I can guess who T-Bone takes. It's one of two players. We shall see.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

Yeah he would need first line PP too. Haven’t looked it up or anything but I doubt there are many ppg guy who don’t get significant pp time.

Yeh the problem is the #1 unit is Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist, Letang/Schultz so there's not usually a spot for him right now without an injury.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

T-Bone posted:

man that boy's gonna challenge laine for richard trophies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
the new york rangers select possession driver and garbage goal god Anders Lee