Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw some speculation on Twitter that He man might be unlockable in the next game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

If he is, that won't be for a long while since the NetherRealm Studios pattern appears to be Mortal Kombat game, Mortal Kombat DLC seasons, Injustice game, Injustice DLC seasons, repeat.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
X and Injustice 2 both did well, they might be able to up their dev cycle slightly. Still wouldn't expect an Injustice sequel before 2020 though, they need to get MK11 finished and established.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Remember when Soul Caliber had different guest characters depending on which console you owned? I'm hoping for something like that and we get He-Man on Xbox, Lion-O on PS and I dunno, a loving Silverhawk on Switch.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok posted:

I think reading the whole series is worth it, but in terms of volumes:

Ground Zero: Tom Taylor returns to rewrite the game's plot from Harley's perspective. It's a lot of fun, but doesn't add too much if you've already played through the game.

This was my biggest disappointment of the series. Mostly because I didn’t and never will play the game, I’m not a big gamer and hate fighting games, so I didn’t actually know anything but the broad strokes of the story. I was hoping for a much more accurate summation of the game as someone that has no interests in playing it. It was still fine though. I just wanted something it didn’t give me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've also never played the games, did they ever go anywhere with the alternate Harley and Ivy stuff?

Edit: This stuff, I don't recall them following up on it. Are there just a whole bunch of alternate versions of characters walking around?

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 15, 2018

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What does Ivy eat? You’d think she would be a vegetarian but that’s harming the plants no?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Calaveron posted:

What does Ivy eat? You’d think she would be a vegetarian but that’s harming the plants no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYFKcMa_Ek

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Calaveron posted:

She does photosynthesis and just wanted to go to a sunny place, I guess.

Or maybe it was a very rowdy suggestion to their double date.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The idea of that was that Injustice Harley jumped over to the 'prime' DC universe (Injustice 1 was all about the 'real' DC characters going to an alternate darker universe and fixing things there). That last scene was just revealing that Injustice Harley was telling the story of what happened in the game to 'prime' Harley to....I dunno', convince her to ditch the Joker?

Injustice 2 ditched the dimension hopping stuff and just continued with the story of the Injustice universe after the 'prime' heroes left after defeating Superman.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

I've also never played the games, did they ever go anywhere with the alternate Harley and Ivy stuff?

That was just added to the comic and it's never brought up again. It's just Injustice Harley trying to make the mainstream world better by helping that world's Harley break away from the Joker, kind of in a reverse of the game's plot.

The game itself didn't do Harley any favors. She was part of Batman's side, but the moment she met Mainstream Joker, she fell apart and went back to being her old self. Then she was rescued by Lex Luthor and that was pretty much it for her. Ground Zero decided to add to and improve on her arc to the point of helping out and inspiring Mainstream Superman.

In Injustice 2, even though Joker is playable, in story mode he's revealed to be nothing more than a fear gas illusion for Harley to overcome. So that's an improvement.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fact: Injustice Harley Quinn is the only Harley Quinn you should ever bother reading in a comic.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

X-O posted:

Fact: Injustice Harley Quinn is the only Harley Quinn you should ever bother reading in a comic.

Agreed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The bat on her jacket is still my favourite bit of costume design both in Injustice, and of Harley in anything that's not her TAS design.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Remember when Soul Caliber had different guest characters depending on which console you owned? I'm hoping for something like that and we get He-Man on Xbox, Lion-O on PS and I dunno, a loving Silverhawk on Switch.

He-Man on ps4 and Adam on Xbox.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 minutes!
So is Ra's supposed to be wrong, or

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they should have shera as dlc to tie in to the new show

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Byzantine posted:

So is Ra's supposed to be wrong, or
No, he's pretty much right. Harley's whole thing in Injustice is her trying to break out of the ultimate toxic relationship (which she does) and try to atone for what she's done.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

This was my biggest disappointment of the series. Mostly because I didn’t and never will play the game, I’m not a big gamer and hate fighting games, so I didn’t actually know anything but the broad strokes of the story. I was hoping for a much more accurate summation of the game as someone that has no interests in playing it. It was still fine though. I just wanted something it didn’t give me.

If you search around on YouTube you can find giant videos where people have stitched together every cutscene in the game. It's not a "summation" but most cut out the fighting so it's a little shorter than watching a whole playthrough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

they should have shera as dlc to tie in to the new show

Eh, I don't think the vibe of the new show really works with MK/I all that well.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

I think reading the whole series is worth it, but in terms of volumes:

Year One (Superman and Batman's friendship crumbles): Starts off rough and has some iffy art for most of it, but is an overall strong start with a lot of great moments.

The art was fixed in the collected editions.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Eh, I don't think the vibe of the new show really works with MK/I all that well.

As I’ve said I the cartoon thread I heard DC’s He-Man and She-Ra were quite dark and violent. Like she was pretty much straight up evil.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

As I’ve said I the cartoon thread I heard DC’s He-Man and She-Ra were quite dark and violent. Like she was pretty much straight up evil.

I was referring to the new show Site mentioned, not the DC comics (which were dark as poo poo)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gavok posted:

[injustice outline]

Plus, in a couple days they're starting a Masters of the Universe crossover mini. Sure, why not.

Wait, what?

I mean, there was Batman vs. Elmer Fudd comic in the last year

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Skwirl posted:

Wait, what?

You should have said, "Hey! What's going on?!"

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Gavok posted:

There are also some annuals mixed in that are worth checking out, like the Plastic Man one from Year Four and the Injustice 2 one that explains Wonder Woman's deal better than the games ever did. Plus, in a couple days they're starting a Masters of the Universe crossover mini. Sure, why not.

I still think the Plastic Man issue is one of the best comics I've ever read. Just hits all the right beats for funny, heartwarming and badass in one package.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 15, 2018

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

I still think (removed)is one of the best comics I've ever read. Just hits all the right beats for funny, heartwarming and badass in one package.

As a heads up you probably shouldn't link images with links to a comic pirating site on it.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

ImpAtom posted:

As a heads up you probably shouldn't link images with links to a comic pirating site on it.

Also posting the entirety of a comic is considered :filez:. (IIRC six pages is the limit?)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, that's a big no-no.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

ImpAtom posted:

Gynovore posted:

Also posting the entirety of a comic is considered :filez:. (IIRC six pages is the limit?)

X-O posted:

Yeah, that's a big no-no.

My apologies, I'd actually posted that link here before (I've gone back and edited that post to remove the link there, too), and nobody said anything about it then (and I didn't notice the link to the comic pirating site when I posted it), so I figured it was okay.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I may have posted it ages ago, but as IDW's current Transformers run is coming to an end, I've been going back through old issues to remind myself of stuff and came back across this. Our heroes have made a detour to the home of the 'Necrobot' who far from being some sort of robot Charon is instead a record-keeper, noting which transformers have died, who killed them and essentially turning the entire planet to a memorial for a race scourged by war. He also makes displays of flowers, which note how many robots were killed at the hands of others. So obviously, Megatron goes to find his memorial

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Best part of Harley's redemption is that it's an ongoing process. Being heroic helps to make up for what she's done, but it doesn't erase the past.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean, she was accessory to an entire city getting wiped off the map. There's a lot of looking forlorn while whispering I didn't mean to or I didn't think he'd go through with it before that kinda stuff gets forgiven

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Calaveron posted:

I mean, she was accessory to an entire city getting wiped off the map. There's a lot of looking forlorn while whispering I didn't mean to or I didn't think he'd go through with it before that kinda stuff gets forgiven

Also she was involved in the death of their daughter in law and unborn granddaughter. Like, killing an entire city is worse than that but I think it cuts closer to the bone.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also their son going megahitler

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Also their son going megahitler

That one's on Superman.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Skwirl posted:

That one's on Superman.

But when you think about it, people are the product of their parents so

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they are white farmers in republican country so yeah that follows

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Calaveron posted:

But when you think about it, people are the product of their parents so

They know. It's very sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wouldn't shed a tear for Mr and Mrs Hitlers, Sr