Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that food looks incredible and i want some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Reene posted:

I believe a time skip of about a year is planned after this chapter, so she'll probably be healing naturally over that period of time.

Then its the tournament arc right? A training time skip makes sense.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
allison's going to be on her feet in a week in comic time actually, i'll see you all here next year

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tollymain posted:

allison's going to be on her feet in a week in comic time actually, i'll see you all here next year
There's only one response I can think to make here but I'm not even going to compare K6BD to Dresden Codak as a joke.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Tollymain posted:

There is a big difference between a comic that just can't move its plot no matter how many updates and a comic that just happens to cover a very dense week of time. The first is incredibly frustrating, the latter is fine.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

avshalemon posted:

noooo i wanted to see mammon go berserk

I hope Mammon is gozillaing around Throne, endlessly loving up whatever is unfortunate enough to be in his path.

White Coke posted:

Then its the tournament arc right? A training time skip makes sense.

Honestly there better not be a tournament arc, it would be so loving pedestrian to have a boring clichéd segment like that in a setting like K6BD.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
abaddon answered the most important question there is on tumblr:

http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/175886441470/the-real-power-level-question-who-would-win-in-a

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

we don't deserve operant

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Honestly there better not be a tournament arc, it would be so loving pedestrian to have a boring clichéd segment like that in a setting like K6BD.

It's been established awhile ago that Solomon David holds a yearly Kumite whose winner gets to challenge him for the demiurgery, and that we're heading over yonder nextways

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm sure the k6bd tournament arc would be just like all those other tournament arcs. no way it would be played any way other than straight. yep

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Allison will lose by a technical ring out. Laughs will be had.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Alison's gonna win by being wildly incompetent like that recent story foretold. Aesma's foolish luck will smile upon her.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
p sure you're not supposed to cook next to open wounds but i'm not a medical professional

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SniperWoreConverse posted:

p sure you're not supposed to cook next to open wounds but i'm not a medical professional

maybe my memory of its size is wrong but it seems like the ship should have its own galley. is the ship really that small that cio has to cook in the captain's quarters?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's pretty small.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

If it's held in Throne then it'll be a literal war zone, so how often does that happen in tournament arcs? And it'll feature Solomon David, that alone means it'll be good.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Archenteron posted:

It's been established awhile ago that Solomon David holds a yearly Kumite whose winner gets to challenge him for the demiurgery, and that we're heading over yonder nextways
Not in the comic itself it hasn't, so there's no reason that yawnsome storyline can't be nixed for literally anything more interesting and organic.

Patware posted:

i'm sure the k6bd tournament arc would be just like all those other tournament arcs. no way it would be played any way other than straight. yep
Lots of tournament arcs don't play it straight but are still terrible.

White Coke posted:

If it's held in Throne then it'll be a literal war zone, so how often does that happen in tournament arcs? And it'll feature Solomon David, that alone means it'll be good.
No it doesn't, that's the kind of uncritical cheerleading that does no one any favours. A tournament is an extremely artificial situation where rules are imposed on the actions of people who (in this case) have no reason to submit to them. It's nearly always employed to suit a story teller who couldn't think of a better way to have certain characters come into contact without most of them being wiped out.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MikeJF posted:

It's pretty small.

is that thing the airship equivalent of a houseboat or what

it's wild they used the cabin to put in a queen size bed

one, singular. on a ship with 2 or 3 things that we know need to sleep

do devils sleep? I doubt angels do

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Tollymain posted:

that food looks incredible and i want some
Yeah, that poo poo ain't white girl tacos. I'm imagining it served in a stone bowl.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

MikeJF posted:

It's pretty small.

How is Princess even going to fit on that thing now?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

No it doesn't, that's the kind of uncritical cheerleading that does no one any favours. A tournament is an extremely artificial situation where rules are imposed on the actions of people who (in this case) have no reason to submit to them. It's nearly always employed to suit a story teller who couldn't think of a better way to have certain characters come into contact without most of them being wiped out.

I can't think of any of the characters currently in the story that would actually participate in a martial arts tournament, besides some of the 108. More likely it'll just be introducing some new ones.
While I don't doubt the arc is happening I don't think it's going to be what you fear.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

No way in hell is that a queen size bed.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

is it a royalty sized bed

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Grand Prize Winner posted:

is it a royalty sized bed

Tautologically yes. Just as wherever The MacGregor sits is the head of the table, so wherever Royalty lies is a royalty-sized bed.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Not in the comic itself it hasn't, so there's no reason that yawnsome storyline can't be nixed for literally anything more interesting and organic.

Lots of tournament arcs don't play it straight but are still terrible.

Counterpoint: sometimes it's cool to see people punch each other.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Who What Now posted:

Counterpoint: sometimes it's cool to see people punch each other.

Yes...but is there some way to *quantify* how powerful they each are? I am not complete without that knowledge.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

A tournament is an extremely artificial situation where rules are imposed on the actions of people who (in this case) have no reason to submit to them. It's nearly always employed to suit a story teller who couldn't think of a better way to have certain characters come into contact without most of them being wiped out.

I'm not entirely certain this is the case, it could be "we have set aside a world for a series of 1v1 matches. Go hog wild."

Whereupon Solomon David incinerates his way to and through the finals by Royalizing everyone he faces.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fUJ6LehQ3I

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

Remember, this was a stole airship. And it fits with Throne's psychology of the people in charge going 'gently caress you' and living in luxury whilst their subordinates suffer.

It looks like Nyave is sleeping outside

I hope Allison moves her inside when she realises.

But yeah it seems the only two rooms on the ship are Allison's cabin and the engine room under a hatch on the deck.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

please do not spoil Cio's strategy, thank you

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

please do not spoil Cio's strategy, thank you

Excuse me, White Chain is the socially awkward magical kung fu master here.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Re: the Tournament, there will be an OCT involved. I doubt the main characters are gonna directly scuffle. It's merely a framing device.

So you know, buckle in for that poo poo too.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

MikeJF posted:

It looks like Nyave is sleeping outside

I never noticed that. That's adorable. And sad.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
:siren: hidden page alert :siren:

I just noticed the current page is seeker of thrones 146, and roaring Mammon was 144. Abbadon hid an extra page between them! Check it out.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Maybe whatever magical tomfuckery stops the bacteria and viruses of tens of thousands of different versions of the same world from running completely bugfuck rampant on the streets of Throne, also helps out with preventing common infection (except where thematically appropriate)

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

You guys are forgetting that whatever iteration of the tournament is staged, it's going to be magnificently interrupted by the Pursuers (+ vengeance Mottom, 000001, mad-dog Mammon, Oscar) kool-aiding their way directly into the middle of it.

Like this arc was supposed to be a variation of a typical heist/breakout setpiece, and it managed to culminate in a literal pitched battle between deathcult accountants and a dinosaur-riding skyfleet.

Tournament is going to be Solomon David saying 'Welcome to the Kumite', immediately followed by Mammon devouring the entire stage and the giant baby slamming into the stands like a meteorite of punching. Or something way better because Abaddon is a much better writer than me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The next few arcs are Allison and gang training an ever-growing trail of angry demiurges and other assorted badasses into the next one.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

:siren: hidden page alert :siren:

I just noticed the current page is seeker of thrones 146, and roaring Mammon was 144. Abbadon hid an extra page between them! Check it out.

Huh, that's really odd

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

Huh, that's really odd

Anyone applied different lighting to it, like with Himself’s eye?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

it's a scene transition