Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Chinese imperialism gives you a higher vassal limit, removes all penalties from different religion and allow you to hold cities. The name of your realms and rulers change to Chinese names too. If you convert to CK2 you get the Mandate system.

e: Basically its a better feudalism where you can roll in the dough like a republic by holding cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Mantis42 posted:

If you convert to CK2

Eh what?

e: Do you mean EU?

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 14, 2018

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Goon Danton posted:

For me it's the intrigue training event where you stage a necklace theft and frame your cook's wife, and then forget about her for literal years before you jolt awake in the middle of the night and go try to let her out, and iirc she has a chance to have died in there.

What the gently caress

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
So after 15 years of constant disease outbreaks in Venezia pretty much all my male family members had died so I decided to turn my Doge into a master seducer. After a while I had lovers all over Italy but I started to run out of fertile women nearby so I decided to try my luck with the wife of a greek duke, this was a mistake but I learnt a very valuable lesson. Don't try to cuck the Greeks since they will capture you and chop your dick off.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

Don't try to cuck the Greeks since they will capture you and chop your dick off.

Right well I think we were due for a new thread title anyway.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Honky Dong Country posted:

I've got a question though. I'm trying for the Aladdin achievement and am currently playing 769 Jinquan. Not that it's relevant to my question but holy gently caress this isn't an easy start. But being Han I have the intrigue decision (though obviously I don't qualify for it yet) to adopt Chinese Imperialism. The wiki is rather sparse on the details of what that means. What's different about Chinese Imperial government from standard issue Feudalism?

Highlights include being able to hold cities in your demesne and free revocation of duchies and vassalage.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Maybe it's a bug, maybe I don't know howe coalitions work

But I got 69% threat. Pretty bad, I know, but the tooltip over the alert says that, being above 50% and under 75%, it only means that if I attack someone from one religion, I will have to fight the defensive pact for that religion

Alright. If I attack my tengri neighbor, the war will only be joined by the pagan defensive pact members, which is correct.

But if I attack any of my budist or sunni or jewish (Kasaria is a jewish nomad empire lol) neighbors, then everyone joins, all the buddhist, sunni, hindu, all of then who are part of any religion defensive pact against me

Why is that? I'm tengri myself

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Don't have the tooltip text handy, but the wiki says that between 50% and 75%, other religions' defensive pacts can join together, it's just that your own religion's defensive pact won't be able to join them until you go over 75%.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Main Paineframe posted:

Don't have the tooltip text handy, but the wiki says that between 50% and 75%, other religions' defensive pacts can join together, it's just that your own religion's defensive pact won't be able to join them until you go over 75%.

You are probably right, I must have misread it

I think is the first time I play with defensive pacts on, what can I do to lower my threat? Besides waiting, of course

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

How do you deal with an uprising in an island county, when you don't have enough ships to ferry enough troops in to cope with being at 40% morale?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Jedit posted:

How do you deal with an uprising in an island county, when you don't have enough ships to ferry enough troops in to cope with being at 40% morale?

Generally you lose.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Elias_Maluco posted:

(Kasaria is a jewish nomad empire lol)

The Khazars converted to Judaism in the 8th century so this is historical.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Jedit posted:

Hire some mercenary ships if you have the cash.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Khazars converted to Judaism in the 8th century so this is historical.

The more you know

In any case, I think is the first time Ive seen this happen in CK2

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i felt bad about eating charlemange’s daughter as the count of Paris because he and his extended family proceeded to spend the next fifty years waging hellish wars against me to revoke my title

e: oops. thought I was responding to the current page

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

QuoProQuid posted:

i felt bad about eating charlemange’s daughter as the count of Paris because he and his extended family proceeded to spend the next fifty years waging hellish wars against me to revoke my title

e: oops. thought I was responding to the current page

appropriate typo

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Charlemagne means "Charles the Great" or in modern terms "Big Chuck".

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Charlemange: As Charlemagne, become a Werewolf.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

I love sitting back and watching absolute chaos I've created. Seljuk stupidly swapped over to Buddhism and pissed off all of his muslim vassals. But they took forever to make a move So I started a holy war and sure enough they all suddenly popped out. I'm thinking about breaking my empire up once I collect enough kingdoms and then try to create ottomans or rum.

Will I get any warning before the mongols pop up? I saw that the chinese were being invaded by jurchens and assumed that meant I would see ghenghis khan soon, but then they defeated the jurchens so :shrug:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

DrSunshine posted:

Charlemange: As Charlemagne, become a Werewolf.

I worry I'm ruining the joke but "manger" is French for "to eat."

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Real daylamma

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I'm the bit of Syria in the Ferghana valley.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I'm the two Byzantine Empires, one of which holds nothing south of the Danube.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I assumed the northern one was a tributary state of the real one dealing with the civil war.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I love sitting back and watching absolute chaos I've created. Seljuk stupidly swapped over to Buddhism and pissed off all of his muslim vassals. But they took forever to make a move So I started a holy war and sure enough they all suddenly popped out. I'm thinking about breaking my empire up once I collect enough kingdoms and then try to create ottomans or rum.

Will I get any warning before the mongols pop up? I saw that the chinese were being invaded by jurchens and assumed that meant I would see ghenghis khan soon, but then they defeated the jurchens so :shrug:

What map mod is that? That looks so much better than the default map.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
After countless hours playing this I just earlier today learned you can get the modifier "best friend pets" if you have a cat and dog who like each other. :3:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

After countless hours playing this I just earlier today learned you can get the modifier "best friend pets" if you have a cat and dog who like each other. :3:

If you go into your steam library it actually tallies how many hours you’ve played.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you go into your steam library it actually tallies how many hours you’ve played.

I just broke 900 hours this week. And it feels like it. Money's worth: had.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

That Guy Bob posted:

What map mod is that? That looks so much better than the default map.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580608756

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I worry I'm ruining the joke but "manger" is French for "to eat."

And werewolves are known to eat sheep and babies.

So that just makes the joke work on more levels.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Man 769 Jinquan isn't easy. I'm controlling my breeding because gavelkind but my liege the Protector General is particularly murdery. I'm getting a handle on it but I've had about 3 game overs now because the PG had me killed to inherit my land.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Apparently I'm loving awful at playing as a muslim.
These motherfuckers wont stop sinning and just about everyone wants to kill me. The mongol butt rape promptly stole turkestan and luckily was happy with just that. I tried releasing a couple vassals as buffers to trigger a defensive pact, but it didnt matter. I lost a godamn holy war against a split byzantine empire, they completely ignored all of their other wars and just attacked me. Now I'm decadent as gently caress.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I dont understand nomad inheritance

The tooltip says something like "the son or brother with the biggest prestige inherits, but vassals khans with a population higher than the liege are also eligible"

Alright, except that in my game I had 3 sons, all eligible, but my heir instead as this nephew I made the mistake of letting be my shaman for a long time, so he had a lot of prestige

According to the tooltip, this fuckhead should not even be eligible, but ok. He is 60, childless, and the son I want to inherit is next in line after him.

So I die, the nephew inherits, me thinking I will just have to wait for a few years for him to die too and then finally my genius son is up. But nope: my heir now is a vassal Khan. This vassal khan does not have a bigger population than me. Not even half of it, actually. In fact, it is the smaller among my vassal khans. WTF?

A year passes, I (the dumb nephew) die, the loving khan inherits the mongol empire. Good thing I dont play ironman, so I just reloaded an older save, imprisioned and executed the drat nephew, and so my son became my heir, inherited, had a dynasty member as heir, all normal

But what the hell happened here?

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 15, 2018

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

I dont understand nomad inheritance

The tooltip says something like "the son or brother with the biggest prestige inherits, but vassals khans with a population higher than the liege are also eligible"

Alright, except that in my game I had 3 sons, all eligible, but my heir instead as this nephew I made the mistake of letting be my shaman for a long time, so he had a lot of prestige

According to the tooltip, this fuckhead should not even be eligible, but ok. He is 60, childless, and the son I want to inherit is next in line after him.

So I die, the nephew inherits, me thinking I will just have to wait for a few years for him to die too and then finally my genius son is up. But nope: my heir now is a vassal Khan. This vassal khan does not have a bigger population than me. Not even half of it, actually. In fact, it is the smaller among my vassal khans. WTF?

A year passes, I (the dumb nephew) die, the loving khan inherits the mongol empire. Good thing I dont play ironman, so I just reloaded an older save, imprisioned and executed the drat nephew, and so my son became my heir, inherited, all normal

But what the hell happened here?

Once you died your son was too far removed to be a legitmate heir. Since you were now a childless khan I guess none of your family had more prestige than the vassal. An easy way to prevent a game over in this scenerio is to just give all your male dynasty members 3 concubines. Then to control inheritance dont let any of them marry, when you make a decision marry your chosen heir to a daughter of another khan or a muslim shah. Then marry ones you dont want off to lowborn courtiers.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Once you died your son was too far removed to be a legitmate heir. Since you were now a childless khan I guess none of your family had more prestige than the vassal. An easy way to prevent a game over in this scenerio is to just give all your male dynasty members 3 concubines. Then to control inheritance dont let any of them marry, when you make a decision marry your chosen heir to a daughter of another khan or a muslim shah. Then marry ones you dont want off to lowborn courtiers.

Ok, but why was the nephew on the line in the first place? The tooltip says "sons or brothers", he was neither

Also why that vassal khan was even eligible too? Tooltip says a vassal khans *with a higher pop than the liege* are eligible. He had not

I guess the tooltip is completely wrong about how nomadic succession works then

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 15, 2018

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

Ok, but why was the nephew on the line in the first place? The tooltip says "sons or brothers", he was neither

Also why that vassal khan was even eligible too? Tooltip says a vassal khans *with a higher pop than the liege* are eligible. He did not

I guess the tooltip is completely wrong about how nomadic succession works then

The tooltip is wrong in that brothers, sons, uncles and nephews are all eligible. The vassal khan probably got the title because you had no possible heirs left, since your former characters children were your new characters cousins, and thus ineligible.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Anyone have some YouTube’s or other guides to help branching out from Catholic Europe? Never played as Muslims or Vikings for example.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I have the best luck with nomad inheritance by choosing a son to succeed me and having him form a merc company. I then immediately hire him to keep him from going abroad and coming back with some other religion. Being a merc captain gives them piles of prestige and if you hire him and keep him out of harm's way he should easily survive until it's time for him to take over the khaganate.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Honky Dong Country posted:

I have the best luck with nomad inheritance by choosing a son to succeed me and having him form a merc company. I then immediately hire him to keep him from going abroad and coming back with some other religion. Being a merc captain gives them piles of prestige and if you hire him and keep him out of harm's way he should easily survive until it's time for him to take over the khaganate.

This can backfire imo. Your heir can get hired by someone else, or hate his wife and then you can’t give him concubines. So when you die and he’s 50 hes childless. Alternatively you could have a genius son you’d now prefer, but you can recall his rear end and he won’t return to your court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Nomad succession is stupid and doesn't work. There is no way to regain your position as liege if you die at an opportune moment and a vassal clan inherits.

• Locked thread