Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

fart blood posted:

This very subforum hates WWE yet still watches every week so consider the source.

I just listen to Dave and watch anything that sounds good. I don’t watch very much lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

I’m still glad Asuka lost.

Only because you hate dogs.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

fart blood posted:

This very subforum hates WWE yet still watches every week so consider the source.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

I know he’s awesome but gently caress I hate his hair so much

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you guys got some weird stockholm syndrome

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I quit for awhile and told everyone to stop watching, but I was a hardcore alcoholic then.

Now I’m sober and I went back to casual viewing.

I’m a weird idiot.

I should stop again.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I've stopped watching the TV. Will catch a PPV then sort of stop paying attention but follow this thread and when WWE stuff gets on my Facebook/Twitter feed. I'm still subscribed to the Network as my Dad still watches the WWE and also bitches and moans about what's going on. He's more of a mark than a "smark" but he's like "How can Rusev lose? He's so strong and good? It's fixed that the Miz can beat him. I can't stand Miz." and stuff but he knows its fake. He still gets into it.

As far as hating hair, AJ Styles has awesome hair. Jericho looks like a weird old Rock-Dad with long hair now which would be awesome if that were the joke but I'm not sure.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

raw did a 1.7

tna's record high on spike was a 1.45.

just some perspective how bad they've runnoft their viewerbase.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I stopped watching WWE entirely over the last couple of months. I went from watching Raw, Smackdown and NXT to watching a parts of everything to just stop being interested in the product entirely.

Now on the other hand I have been watching more NJPW, ROH and CMLL. Before I was watching the big NJPW and ROH shows to just watching almost all of it. Granted that is easier since there is less of it but man is the quality so much better.

Also if you aren’t watching the CMLL Friday night Arena Mexico show you are missing out. Even if the matches aren’t always great (and they are often not) the atmosphere is amazing. Dancing girls in crazy costumes, midgets and the hottest crowds I have seen outside of like 70s and maybe some of those 80s shows in the South.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

You do

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

:wrong:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you and your stone cold avatar are extremely brainwashed by WWE, obfuscating the true message of aj styles doing a ytr face. sickening

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aw gently caress:wth:

Watching the ratings has been a lot of fun

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wonder how much Vince and/or the KSA money is paying news agencies/crony reports to drum up bullshit about how their stock is worth crap to invest in.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gatts posted:

I wonder how much Vince and/or the KSA money is paying news agencies/crony reports to drum up bullshit about how their stock is worth crap to invest in.

WWE getting a ton of money in TV rights fees is FAKE NEWS.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

rare Magic card l00k posted:

WWE getting a ton of money in TV rights fees is FAKE NEWS.

Speaking of which...when am I gonna get Speaker of the House Vincent KENNEDY McMahon?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gatts posted:

investing in wwe stock ahead of the fox deal is probably a good move tbh

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I haven't watched a bit of WWE since Mania.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

STONE COLD 64 posted:

investing in wwe stock ahead of the fox deal is probably a good move tbh

And dumping it before they start on Fox is a better one.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Putting it out there now, but PWInsider is reporting Hulk Hogan was spotted in Cleveland despite not having any events there. And is only a few hours away from PPG arena.

I hope to god they don't bring him back. :psyduck:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

DarkstarIV posted:

Putting it out there now, but PWInsider is reporting Hulk Hogan was spotted in Cleveland despite not having any events there. And is only a few hours away from PPG arena.

Hogan is already back to doing interviews on ESPN.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

Is he not allowed to travel?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

lol good luck to anyone watching this shitshow

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rusty Shackelford posted:

PWInsider is saying he has no events scheduled for that area, and he really wants back into WWE, and they've apparently been working on a return plan behind the scenes for awhile now, despite the fact that it would be a complete disaster if he were to return, considering very few wrestlers backstage want him to come back.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider is saying he has no events scheduled for that area, and he really wants back into WWE, and they've apparently been working on a return plan behind the scenes for awhile now, despite the fact that it would be a complete disaster if he were to return, considering very few wrestlers backstage want him to come back.

He is allowed to visit other cities without having events scheduled. That he is several hours away from the PPV location could be coincidental.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He is allowed to visit other cities without having events scheduled. That he is several hours away from the PPV location could be coincidental.

What about him lying about being at home while on the plane

9:26
https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/1018305777537355783

9:31
https://twitter.com/KnyghtLyfe/status/1018307088815181824

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Why in the world would you care enough to argue about this when it's a known fact that WWE is obsessed with getting a redemption story out of him.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Why in the world would you care enough to argue about this when it's a known fact that WWE is obsessed with getting a redemption story out of him.

It honestly seems weird to do it at Extreme Rules of all shows

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I can't wait for Hogan to return, with a bunch of chuds in the crowd chanting "We forgive you **clap clap clapclapclap**" and Vince will order Dunn to get a closeup of the crowd and he accidentally tightens in on a black guy looking really unamused. It would be perfect.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I really hope WWE brings back Hulk "I hate n*****s" Hogan. What excuse are the trash fans going to make now to continue supporting them?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

It honestly seems weird to do it at Extreme Rules of all shows

If he's doing something at Summerslam it's the biggest stage left to announce it in. Raw viewership has been sinking since the TV deal was announced, PPVs are your last real bet at those kinds of surprises to actually get an audience

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I really hope WWE brings back Hulk "I hate n*****s" Hogan. What excuse are the trash fans going to make now to continue supporting them?

And if they didn't abandon it then, it's pretty clear they never would

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Way more people watch Raw than non-WM PPVs.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he’s gonna win the rumble and the rock is gonna come out and raise his arm and declare the victory has purged him of sin and he has officially been christened Not Racist

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Sunday morning betting lines update, courtesy of 5dimes.

Notable changes: AJ from -1025 to -850

A bunch of other lines have changed, but nothing to the extent that AJ/Rusev has. Skybet is also taking prop bets on if Lesnar, Hogan, etc will appear. Lesnar is at +110, Hogan is at +400.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 15, 2018

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

DarkstarIV posted:

Don’t work yourself into a shoot brother.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Looks like the smart money is starting to roll in on a few matches:

Asuka/Carmella is now:

Asuka: -125 (from -150)
Carmella: -115 (from +110)

That was the biggest change. RIP Asuka's main roster career. Jobbed to a talentless worker, and likely never sniffing the women's main event scene again after this.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

So, uh, don't be so quick to dismiss the Hogan stuff.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1018567979221573633

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Looks like Asuka's going over folks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Remember when this guy thought WWE might not immediately be doing a bad thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul