Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

AAB posted:

4) when in doubt, roar for them

Is there some sort of roar function? I’ve heard a few times now a huge sound like a roar or rocket engine or some massive noise and I don’t know what In the game is causing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is there some sort of roar function? I’ve heard a few times now a huge sound like a roar or rocket engine or some massive noise and I don’t know what In the game is causing it?

When someone goes through a rift it makes a very loud noise, that's probably it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yes there is Rawr emote with loud rear end roar in the end. But it's probably what Johnny says in general case recently, rifts are much louder than emotes.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Raposa posted:

Actually the best mode is 50vs50 with a friend, who jumps out of the bus asap, leaves, goes into replay mode and hunts the llama down with a max speed free range drone while you hang in the air as long as possible.

That's some crazy poo poo. Just play some games and the llama will come.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yesterday I came in 2nd place for the first time ever. :homebrew: I actually almost won too, 1st place was very close to death.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Anyone have any tips on fine tuning gyro aiming for the Switch version? I love it in Splatoon but I’m having a tough time making it feel as comfortable here.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mr Hootington posted:

We found a llama last night and i stole it from my teammate who searched it instead of hitting it. Felt good when he killed himself trying to impulse me off a cliff.

Wish I'd seen that, but was too busy socializing out at a friend's house. I miss you jerks!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You can knock your teammate's down in 50v50, then get the 30exp for reviving them :smug:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m glad I don’t have the battle pass since the challenges all sound unfun.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Downing an enemy is not eliminating them. :eng101:

If you (or someone else) finishes your downed target with grenades you'll get credit.

They changed this several patches ago. Any kind of elimination challenge should count either knockdowns or finishing off people you knocked down.

santanotreal posted:

Somehow killed myself with a sticky grenade because I threw one against a downed enemy. It instantly blew up though, instead of doing the timed beep.

They bled out which caused the clinger to automatically blow up, which is also why you didn't get the challenge credit.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m glad I don’t have the battle pass since the challenges all sound unfun.

You sound unfun.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

They changed this several patches ago. Any kind of elimination challenge should count either knockdowns or finishing off people you knocked down.

They bled out which caused the clinger to automatically blow up, which is also why you didn't get the challenge credit.

They didn’t bleed out, since I literally threw the clinger against them right after they went down. But good guess.

Also they clearly did not fix the elimination challenges counting for both types as kills, as I’ve experienced multiple examples of it still not working.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Well like I said, they should count, but apparently they don't necessarily actually do. :v:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You sound unfun.

I guess so. It’s just annoying to me when my friends want to drop in some lovely spot with a bunch of people just to do some dumb challenge. I hate achievements too when they’re tied to doing stuff people wouldn’t normally do in multiplayer. It feels distracting even to players that don’t care about them.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Kiranamos posted:

That's some crazy poo poo. Just play some games and the llama will come.

Definitely the craziest poo poo reddit has said about a challenge, but still certainly the fastest way to complete it.

I just tripped over mine going to lonely lodge from wailing, ezpz

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Best way to find a llama is to open your parachute above the desert biome and jus scan the ground for the purple colored llama stark against the orange/tan terrain.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

My strategy of posting about it and then finding a llama worked, found one on the awning of a building in Lonely :coolfish:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
How many llamas spawn per match?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

SeANMcBAY posted:

I guess so. It’s just annoying to me when my friends want to drop in some lovely spot with a bunch of people just to do some dumb challenge. I hate achievements too when they’re tied to doing stuff people wouldn’t normally do in multiplayer. It feels distracting even to players that don’t care about them.

Some challenges are easier after a week or two. It's drat hard to find chests in a place with a ton of other people competing with me for that one.

I like them myself. They give me something to do in the game. I'm not what you'd call a "good player" whatever that means. I get some squad and duo wins with my friends but have yet to get a win in solo. "Killing 3 players in _____" or "do ___ damage with SMGs" are things I can actually do. If I get killed in the first minute of landing, well at least I flew through a few rings before I died and made a little progress on that one.

There are also plenty of times I've been just playing and getting challenges done that I hadn't even tried to get.

You can get some cool cosmetics, and you can easily get enough v-bucks by playing to pay for the next season pass.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pops Mgee posted:

How many llamas spawn per match?

3 per match

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Musket is legit.

Yellow is a headshot on a Blaster, rest is 'exploding headshots' perk. (Four star Shadowshard)

And three days after I pull one:

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 16, 2018

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Wait for real

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I've gotten 2 llamas in a single match around 4 times so far, never the fabled trio though.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

Wait for real

Yeah they’re very rare

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
After spending a couple days looking for llamas I found one in a random solo match. Since then I've found 5 in maybe 15 played matches of 50vs50.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I found two llamas playing half of last season completely by accident, so I'm just not worrying about it for now. In a few weeks I'll start worrying.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I had no idea llamas are that rare..

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I decided to be nice and pick someone up far from the circle in 50s and then for the first time I drive by one. He of course hopped out and opened it. I left his rear end behind.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Finally found my llama. gently caress that challenge.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Popero posted:

I decided to be nice and pick someone up far from the circle in 50s and then for the first time I drive by one. He of course hopped out and opened it. I left his rear end behind.

Should have ran him over with the cart to push him out of the way allowing you to open it.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmhTmaPPi3c

So the cart course functions for racing, too (for two players only sadly).

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

DarkDobe posted:

Musket is legit.

Yellow is a headshot on a Blaster, rest is 'exploding headshots' perk. (Four star Shadowshard)

And three days after I pull one:

lol typical. Did you upgrade/change any perks?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

freeranger posted:

Should have ran him over with the cart to push him out of the way allowing you to open it.

:agreed:

I had a teammate in 50v50 grief me for an entire game cause I was a hair ahead of him and picked up a blue AR before him. He literally followed me, till the end of the game, constantly trying to build me into a box. The first time I was like wtf if this dude doing and he threw down his green AR then just waited.

I red carded him, edited him back into his own box then ignored him the entire match. I really hope it ruined that idiot's day :agesilaus:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I think its fair to say the 20+ and certainly 30+ playerbase in this is by far the minority compared to kids. I must say though I didn't really encounter any dummies/kids the first few days I was playing. Then one day I got in a squad with Big Gay Man or something I dunno and he immediately says "if you die you're gay". Kid sounded about 13. My 10 or 11 yo nephew called me out of the blue last night and asked me to play, showing offline because apparently the game is so crazy that if he appears online he will be inundated with party reqs. I've never played any of the poo poo he cares about (95% Minecraft) and its weird and kinda cool to be able to play with them. But of course he knew 10x more than me, found 2 llamas which I only briefly remembered seeing something about here and wasn't sure if I was supposed to open it or not. We managed to get top 10 in our first round. But he wouldn't shut up about blue tacs and heavy shotguns and telling me how many mats he had.

My feeling towards looting is, well, you cant take that poo poo with you. Why get upset about it? You can load yourself out with all legs and then get gunned down and regardless you are back to square one for the next round. Long as I got full shield I will make do with whatever I can scrounge up.

I took a look at the system reqs last night, says you can play on Intel HD and Nvidia 600 series is still good? I wasn't even gonna bother trying it on my laptop, i7/8gb/2gb GT630 but maybe its worth a try, it is only 1366x768 after all.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

codo27 posted:

We managed to get top 10 in our first round. But he wouldn't shut up about blue tacs and heavy shotguns and telling me how many mats he had.

This is usually good info to share in case your team gets into a big build fight or needs to assemble a tunnel to get between locations, etc. Blue Tac and Heavy shotguns are the best shotguns in the game right now and some of the best weapons in close range situations. In the "end game" you'll want at least one of these.

codo27 posted:

I took a look at the system reqs last night, says you can play on Intel HD and Nvidia 600 series is still good? I wasn't even gonna bother trying it on my laptop, i7/8gb/2gb GT630 but maybe its worth a try, it is only 1366x768 after all.

Low end graphics makes fortnite look like rear end, but yeah, it's really playable on most things. Hence how they have a hyper optimized version for Switch and iOS. Just make sure your internet connection is plenty stable.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

AAB posted:

Blue Tac and Heavy shotguns are the best shotguns in the game right now and some of the best weapons in close range situations.

Wait a sec. So you're saying- wait I think I get it. There are no epic or legendary tacs are there?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

the only purple or gold/orange shotguns are the heavies, yeah. There used to be a purple tac, but the rarities on all the tac shotguns got downgraded a level but none of their stats changed lmbo

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Seditiar posted:

lol typical. Did you upgrade/change any perks?

Mine rolled:
Crit
Stability
Physical
Headshots
Bosses
Exploding headshot

In that picture I had just swapped crit for damage. Going to swap Stab for Reload (mandatory) and to Energy eventually. And yeah a few are purple and one orange I think. For reference its a 4 star gun in a level 70 area (scaled appropriately - though also using Headhunter with another HH passive for head explosions).

Cultisto
Oct 18, 2010

When Gozer the Gozarian roams the earth, you have my permission to die.
Fun Shoe
I encountered my first person who seemed to be hacking/macroing/scripting, whatever you'd call it, but it was both the most obvious and most useless way to cheat possible. He was building walls extremely slowly but every wall he built instantly went up with a door on one side, and it was a 2x3 base so it was a mountain fortress with ~15 doors. I'm not seeing the benefit to that and I'm guessing that would be easily reportable but as they were otherwise moving slowly and died about 30 seconds later I didn't do anything other than watch the replay, could not even see the delay between the wall going up & turning into the edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Cultisto posted:

I encountered my first person who seemed to be hacking/macroing/scripting, whatever you'd call it, but it was both the most obvious and most useless way to cheat possible. He was building walls extremely slowly but every wall he built instantly went up with a door on one side, and it was a 2x3 base so it was a mountain fortress with ~15 doors. I'm not seeing the benefit to that and I'm guessing that would be easily reportable but as they were otherwise moving slowly and died about 30 seconds later I didn't do anything other than watch the replay, could not even see the delay between the wall going up & turning into the edit.

You can edit before building, and all of your placements of that piece during that game will already have the edit. So some people will edit the pyramid piece to look like a ramp, because it has more durability than normal ramps and allows for consistent peaking through the cracks.