Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I forgot completely about the Alliance Raid. It needs to be added to the activity tab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I got a late start on ultimate world bosses out of apathy but I'm finally up to 784/800 cosmic cube fragments. Best plan is still T3 Captain America first, right? Got 10 combat, 10 speed, 8 blast, and 5 universal books. Cap is my only 70 because I'm still dumping everything into the native T2s out of stubbornness. Black Dwarf is my last "cheaper" T2 at 53 and then I just have Odin untouched but I'm probably going to park him until I get caught up on 70s.

If it matters I'm at valor 345, level 52 on whatever the xp bar is that goes up when you beat an ultimate, and I'm on 11 prox and 9 everyone else.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cap is definitely the best T3 yeah

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there a list of good characters to use on each of the WBU? I can only beat PM and BD once each day. I found only Wolverine and QS work against PM, and I need to have them both because she always one shots Wolverine no matter how careful i am. And no one is a strong enough blast other than SW to beat BD.

And I've only been able to beat them at 6 and 2 respectfully.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Hulkling is good for a Proxima clear

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Don't believe his lies

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I use Cap, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Wolverine, Quicksilver, Hulk, and Apocalypse for Proxima. Jean Grey can do it too until you get towards 20. Anyone who does Physical Damage. And use Physical Attack Leaderships and the Ally Boost 3rd parties (there was a list a page or two ago) and a support team of "Super Villain Damage Bonus" Physical Attackers.

I use Jean, Scarlet Witch, Strange, Cable, and Magneto for Black Dwarf. He's the reverse where you need energy people, energy boosts, and energy attackers with the same "Super Villain Damage" and ally boosts in the 3rd slot. He's the hardest of the four IMO and I can only get 2 or 3 clears at the high levels. I have him up to about 18 now while I've had Proxima and Corvus above 20 for awhile. I managed to squeeze a fifth win out of him with Level 70 4/22 Thor yesterday with a Lincoln Campbell leadership and Storm 3rd ally boost. Barely.

The key with avoiding getting one shot by Proxima is avoiding her laser shots. She shoots them when she gets down to about half of 11 and she runs to the top of the screen most of the time so you have the time to run to the bottom and avoid them entirely. She shoots them again around 5 and they're a little tougher to avoid because she doesn't do the big setup but you gotta just make sure and keep moving around then so you don't get frozen and blasted.

The key with Black Dwarf is to avoid the big blast he sends out after he crouches and the swinging ax. Both are really hard to dodge because they take up nearly the entire screen. Its safter to take in one of your more expendable teammates and let them try and dodge and take the damage if necessary.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Is there a list of good characters to use on each of the WBU? I can only beat PM and BD once each day. I found only Wolverine and QS work against PM, and I need to have them both because she always one shots Wolverine no matter how careful i am. And no one is a strong enough blast other than SW to beat BD.

There's 1-2 insta death or stunlock attacks for each boss that you have to learn. If you don't know their pattern and timing then either bring a buddy like you are doing or use your strongest attacks then run away from everything until they are up again while watching what the boss does. Here's who I use, though I have a large roster with almost everyone meta ready for world bosses. If I just say one name, the other two slots are support like Valkyrie, Coulson, Ancient One, anyone with a team bonus, whoever needs a ride on stage 9 to unlock stage 10 and so on.

Take my advice with a grain of salt as most people with my roster size and playtime put urus and awakened isos on people and are in the teens or 20s for world boss stages, but I'm lazy and don't care too much and mostly stick to stages 9 and 1.

Prox - Weak to physical. I use Wolverine, Quicksilver, Hulk, Cap + Winter Soldier + Black Widow, and Black Panther + his sister + Killmonger. She has the falling spears that chase you and the frogger maze of spears when she's at the top of the screen.

Black Dwarf - Weak to energy. Jean, Scarlet Witch, Cable (gets harder to keep him alive the higher you go, at least for me), Nova, Apocalpse, Anti-Man, Adam Warlock all kill him pretty easily. After his cutscene he shields up and charges up so you have to break the shield or swap to someone you don't mind losing. Other than that I just try not to get caught in his whirling chainsaw, he doesn't have much piercing at lower diff levels so you can just spam abilities for the most part. He's the easiest one for my money but my cards are geared towards energy damage and those chars I mention have my best isos and my CTPs.

Corvus - Weak to speed I think? Quicksilver, Winter Soldier + Cap + Widow, then I think I just say hell with it and use Jean, Scarlet Witch and Captain America on lower difficulties. He's got a frogger maze too and I forget what his other mean ability was.

Ebony Maw - Weak to elemental. I use the same people as on black dwarf but Thor and Loki great here as well, I just killed stage 8 with Loki + Thor + Valkyrie not changing off Loki the whole time. Dormammu does well. Haven't tried Inferno or Satana yet (unis for both). Don't do what I did and throw in the Black Panther team, 4 physical strikers and Jean. Everyone but Striker Jean and a few of BP's powers will only do 1 damage. I finished with 3 seconds to spare thanks to Jean coming in randomly a lot for flybys. He has a giant circle where you have to run out then keep running around the outside or the stunlocking meteors will catch you, then after a cutscene he likes to bathe half the screen in purple left-right-center but it doesn't seem as bad as most of the other purple attacks. At that point I can usually just spam abilities while halfheartedly staying out of the targeted area and get him easily.

fake edit - did a preview reply and saw STAC's post, Black Dwarf must get harder as you advance up the stages.
Also note I have the best movie unis for everyone mentioned except Thanos (he slums it with the hobo cloak), using AoA Wolverine. But I only have the unis leveled up on Thor and Loki for their cinematic battle rewards.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 12, 2018

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Black Dwarf scales up harder than anyone else but he’s the easiest at low difficulties

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well you said your cards and roster are steered to Energy so you probably have an easier time with Dwarf than I do. I didn't realize my Energy were so soft until Dwarf. I'm working on that. I struggle to get that fifth even at 1 and struggle to get a Magneto/Cable/Someone win at 10.

Corvus' big attacks I think actually mirror Proxima's. He does the top of the screen attack and then the blast out from him one later. He just has flame blasts instead of laser spears. You can kind of use that with people like Jean who are fire immune. I don't even bother dodging with her. I just kind of use all my best Physical and Energy people vs him with no major problem.

I'm only at 9 with Ebony but right now the big thing I've noticed is that a Cap/Winter Soldier/Black Widow team took forever to kill him. But I was being goofy and didn't give him a side ally like Shuri or Coulson or a big leadership. But the base physical definitely is kind of soft. And his 6 skill is useless since Ebony dodges away. the only really big one shot attack I've noticed with him is early on that takes over the entire screen with meteors and you just gotta get to edges and run your rear end off.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

bagrada posted:

There's 1-2 insta death or stunlock attacks for each boss that you have to learn. If you don't know their pattern and timing then either bring a buddy like you are doing or use your strongest attacks then run away from everything until they are up again while watching what the boss does. Here's who I use, though I have a large roster with almost everyone meta ready for world bosses. If I just say one name, the other two slots are support like Valkyrie, Coulson, Ancient One, anyone with a team bonus, whoever needs a ride on stage 9 to unlock stage 10 and so on.

Take my advice with a grain of salt as most people with my roster size and playtime put urus and awakened isos on people and are in the teens or 20s for world boss stages, but I'm lazy and don't care too much and mostly stick to stages 9 and 1.

Prox - Weak to physical. I use Wolverine, Quicksilver, Hulk, Cap + Winter Soldier + Black Widow, and Black Panther + his sister + Killmonger. She has the falling spears that chase you and the frogger maze of spears when she's at the top of the screen.

Black Dwarf - Weak to energy. Jean, Scarlet Witch, Cable (gets harder to keep him alive the higher you go, at least for me), Nova, Apocalpse, Anti-Man, Adam Warlock all kill him pretty easily. After his cutscene he shields up and charges up so you have to break the shield or swap to someone you don't mind losing. Other than that I just try not to get caught in his whirling chainsaw, he doesn't have much piercing at lower diff levels so you can just spam abilities for the most part. He's the easiest one for my money but my cards are geared towards energy damage and those chars I mention have my best isos and my CTPs.

Corvus - Weak to speed I think? Quicksilver, Winter Soldier + Cap + Widow, then I think I just say hell with it and use Jean, Scarlet Witch and Captain America on lower difficulties. He's got a frogger maze too and I forget what his other mean ability was.

Ebony Maw - Weak to elemental. I use the same people as on black dwarf but Thor and Loki great here as well, I just killed stage 8 with Loki + Thor + Valkyrie not changing off Loki the whole time. Dormammu does well. Haven't tried Inferno or Satana yet (unis for both). Don't do what I did and throw in the Black Panther team, 4 physical strikers and Jean. Everyone but Striker Jean and a few of BP's powers will only do 1 damage. I finished with 3 seconds to spare thanks to Jean coming in randomly a lot for flybys. He has a giant circle where you have to run out then keep running around the outside or the stunlocking meteors will catch you, then after a cutscene he likes to bathe half the screen in purple left-right-center but it doesn't seem as bad as most of the other purple attacks. At that point I can usually just spam abilities while halfheartedly staying out of the targeted area and get him easily.

fake edit - did a preview reply and saw STAC's post, Black Dwarf must get harder as you advance up the stages.
Also note I have the best movie unis for everyone mentioned except Thanos (he slums it with the hobo cloak), using AoA Wolverine. But I only have the unis leveled up on Thor and Loki for their cinematic battle rewards.

Corvus says that he takes less damage from everybody but Speed, but I think it’s wrong and he is also weak to Universal. He is also a fucker and he sucks.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

black dwarf is a gently caress

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

navyjack posted:

Corvus says that he takes less damage from everybody but Speed, but I think it’s wrong and he is also weak to Universal. He is also a fucker and he sucks.

Yeah, i don't think it's a huge thing. I use Witch, Jean, Strange, and Cap against him along with Quicksilver and Bucky and they all do fine. The speed might get a boost but it's not significant enough to make a huge difference like with Proxima and Dwarf. And I've tried Spidey and other Speedsters and they don't get big bumps.

Really for Corvus I just use super teams from my Proxima and Dwarf patterns. He's the only one I can get 5 Level 20 wins on for the blue boxes.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What is the thing that happens in Arena where your abilities get locked out for a bit and your dude has a word balloon with a huge ellipsis in it?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Snare" I think. But I always confuse it with Stun.

I just grab a 2* "Immunity to Snare" and see if it works and if it doesn't I grab a 2* "Immunity to Stun."

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

What is the thing that happens in Arena where your abilities get locked out for a bit and your dude has a word balloon with a huge ellipsis in it?

If that's the debuff from today's ABX combat villain, I asked about that a few months ago and was told there's no way around it. I haven't tried immunity to snare or anything (which I have on Wolverine for his ABX combat hero) but I can avoid it with a perfect rotation with Carnage when I use him (5-4-2 I think? if you time it right he stays in iframes and never gets the ability lockout). Now that I'm using Apocalypse I don't bother with a rotation, I just spam his abilities and get 100k pretty fast. I notice if I'm slow to hit the buttons when they come off cooldown I get the lockout debuff, which being Apocalypse he can just stand there taking the hits until he can attack again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

One of those definitely works because I had Wolverine with it and he never got that. Now I use Apocalypse and Cap and neither need it, but I was reliant on Wolvie and tat obelisk for awhile.

edit: Hell, I don't know. Maybe not.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 13, 2018

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

bagrada posted:

If that's the debuff from today's ABX combat villain, I asked about that a few months ago and was told there's no way around it. I haven't tried immunity to snare or anything (which I have on Wolverine for his ABX combat hero) but I can avoid it with a perfect rotation with Carnage when I use him (5-4-2 I think? if you time it right he stays in iframes and never gets the ability lockout). Now that I'm using Apocalypse I don't bother with a rotation, I just spam his abilities and get 100k pretty fast. I notice if I'm slow to hit the buttons when they come off cooldown I get the lockout debuff, which being Apocalypse he can just stand there taking the hits until he can attack again.

That’s silence and the only way around it is invincibility or immunity

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

STAC Goat posted:

One of those definitely works because I had Wolverine with it and he never got that. Now I use Apocalypse and Cap and neither need it, but I was reliant on Wolvie and tat obelisk for awhile.

edit: Hell, I don't know. Maybe not.

Yeah combat hero day (ie not today) requires immunity to snare. The silence that today’s abx guy isn’t immediately avoided with an obelisk

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I only do the 1st difficulty level of WBU because I was doing the high ones forever and I literally couldn't tell what I was getting out of it except wasting 10x as much time

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I'm starting to dial back because the payoff isn't worth the time it takes to just lose at the last second multiple times.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I hate WBU mostly because it just takes so much drat time. I keep hoping they'll add autobattle to WBs to speed that up. That and alliance battles.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've just been beating up Proxima on Level 2 5 times a day. I don't see the point of doing any of the others. I'm up to 45 on her dial, whatever that means.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I do the lowest 10 stage I can do to get the best Booty Box. So 1-10-20. And I use my biggest guns to keep moving up if I can. But I don't worry about doing like 5 at 15 or something because I can do them easier at 10 and get the same thing. And if I really struggle or get frustrated I just go down to 1.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i do 20 cos i want them blue boxes with their super duper uper low chances of getting a rare paywall card which it wouldnt surprise me if they juiced it for the first couple weeks to get people to think its possible and then reduced it secretly

thats what i do

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

i do 20 cos i want them blue boxes with their super duper uper low chances of getting a rare paywall card which it wouldnt surprise me if they juiced it for the first couple weeks to get people to think its possible and then reduced it secretly

thats what i do

Literally same. I’ve got a couple fully awakened ISOs out of it tho

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I do the highest level I can until I can't.
Then I do as many 20s as I can until I can't.
Then I do as many 10s as I can until I can't.
Then I just do 1s when I'm burned out and want to throw my phone through the wall.

The Blue Boxes are random but definitely worth it if you can do them. The other prizes seem random and unchanged.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i got some cube fragments in a blue box which was nice

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So I have two Tier 2 tickets and I'm wondering who to use them on.

Roster wise I have Mordo, Mysterio, Songbird and Kate Bishop ready to T2. (Have all the mats, just need to press the button.)

Ronan, Lash, Damian Hellstorm and Moon Knight are at 20 in all gear and I just need 150 bios to T2, so they are valid candidates for the ticket.

The other 60s I have who I could Tier 2 with some of my bio selectors are Klaue, Goliath, Luke Cage, Nebula, Warwolf, Phil Coulson, Wasp, Agent 13, Groot, Iron Fist, Lizard, Punisher, Rhino, Rocket Racoon, Yellow Jacket, Kraven and Singularity.

I'm leaning towards Phil myself. Any advice?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

So I have two Tier 2 tickets and I'm wondering who to use them on.

Roster wise I have Mordo, Mysterio, Songbird and Kate Bishop ready to T2. (Have all the mats, just need to press the button.)

Ronan, Lash, Damian Hellstorm and Moon Knight are at 20 in all gear and I just need 150 bios to T2, so they are valid candidates for the ticket.

The other 60s I have who I could Tier 2 with some of my bio selectors are Klaue, Goliath, Luke Cage, Nebula, Warwolf, Phil Coulson, Wasp, Agent 13, Groot, Iron Fist, Lizard, Punisher, Rhino, Rocket Racoon, Yellow Jacket, Kraven and Singularity.

I'm leaning towards Phil myself. Any advice?

phil and war wolf both get a team buff from their t2 so theyre good. the rest are solid shadowland performers but dont really add anything beyond that, so you can just go with whoever you think is cool. id say mordo, kraven, klaw, iron fist, and yellowjacket are the best ones. mysterio has a cool attack where he throws a giant globe of the earth and it looks cool.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Steve Vader posted:

I've just been beating up Proxima on Level 2 5 times a day. I don't see the point of doing any of the others. I'm up to 45 on her dial, whatever that means.

That's your raid level, gives some bonus stats

How long have you been doing that because I'm in the 20s, doing her at 4 (4 is easier than 2 tbh), and the dial barely moves.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

That's your raid level, gives some bonus stats

How long have you been doing that because I'm in the 20s, doing her at 4 (4 is easier than 2 tbh), and the dial barely moves.

Not sure, but it seems like the raid level increases every day at 2, if not every couple of days. Not sure I've noticed the difference in prizing much, but I've got enough people leveled up to churn out 5 wins pretty consistently, with an occasional stumble of getting caught in those purple rings and tanking it.

Team 1: Quicksilver carries Black Suit Spidey and Maestro to a win, since they can't win on their own and I haven't broken down to shell out for their best costumes yet.
Team 2: Wolverine carries Dr. Strange and maybe somebody else whose uniform I'm trying to level, or maybe Ant-Man who I don't have at T2 yet.
Team 3: War Machine carries Iron Man and ditto
Team 4: Spidey 2099 carries Steve and Bucky
Team 5: Infinity Thor carries Black Panther and Thanos.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think the raid level goes up more when you're clearly the highest stage available. So like I think if you clear Level 16, 17, and 18 in succession you'll get the same from each one but if you then do two more 18s you'll get less. But I can't swear on that. Its just what I feel like happens with me.

I'm Level 85 but I was stuck in the 40s for a long time when it was just Proxima and it felt like it was going up a lot faster once i had the new bosses to clear stages with.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Team 5: Infinity Thor carries Black Panther and Thanos.

Interesting, my Infinity Thor is garbage and barely scratches a WBU mode. I would have thought you'd use BP as your carry since he's all physical and of course Thanos as the lead.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have Ragnarok Thor. Is Infinity significantly better? Ragnarok Thor is like... ok at Level 70 4/25 but I'm debating T3ing him. I should have enough to do Iron Man in the next week but I'm debating saving for Thor or Spidey.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

STAC Goat posted:

I think the raid level goes up more when you're clearly the highest stage available. So like I think if you clear Level 16, 17, and 18 in succession you'll get the same from each one but if you then do two more 18s you'll get less. But I can't swear on that. Its just what I feel like happens with me.

I'm Level 85 but I was stuck in the 40s for a long time when it was just Proxima and it felt like it was going up a lot faster once i had the new bosses to clear stages with.

Nope it just gives more exp per level. It’s just a linear scale upward

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I don't have Ragnarok Thor so I can't say, but I've got Infinity Thor at Level 62 and his Gear up to 21 with his uniform up to Rare and with a lightning pumping obelisk on him, and if I keep alternating between his 5 and his 1 for the most part, he manages to do significant damage to Proxima, but I bring Panther as backup for strikeys and Thanos for emergencies.

Also, even though he's not Ragnarok Thor, I still hear Immigrant Song in my head when I use him.

I've got Panther up to 64 as my highest, and I'm planning to make him my first T3 because I'm a T'Challa nerd.

vvv Oh, weird. I assumed if I could level him up to 70, there was a T3 waiting at the end of that.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 15, 2018

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

I don't have Ragnarok Thor so I can't say, but I've got Infinity Thor at Level 62 and his Gear up to 21 with his uniform up to Rare and with a lightning pumping obelisk on him, and if I keep alternating between his 5 and his 1 for the most part, he manages to do significant damage to Proxima, but I bring Panther as backup for strikeys and Thanos for emergencies.

I've got Panther up to 64 as my highest, and I'm planning to make him my first T3 because I'm a T'Challa nerd.

Panther doesn't have a T3 yet. Who knows when he will?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think its just Cap, Iron Man, Spidey, Thor, and Ant-Man right now. Everyone else will probably get rolled out gradually since we don't get a movie again until like May 2019 or something.

Part of me wants to T3 Ant Man just to see if I'm the only one.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Also, even though he's not Ragnarok Thor, I still hear Immigrant Song in my head when I use him.

vvv Oh, weird. I assumed if I could level him up to 70, there was a T3 waiting at the end of that.

I guess she isn't Lightning resistant like she is Energy? I keep getting hosed up with damage types.