Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

QwertySanchez posted:

There was that episode where Steve found that cat...
The elbow drops are hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiFCKpNQ-iM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i think the funniest episode of american dad was probably the one where one of roger's personalities splits off, becomes a goody two shoes, and ends up dating an audrey from little shop of horrors analogue

it was also funny in a more recent episode that they revealed he has a personality whose twin brother is human, and their mom is another one of his personalities

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
the intentionally lovely rebuilt dialogue from chef returns is the funniest thing south park ever did

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d much rather watch new Family Guy. New Simpsons is just sterile and boring at its best while depressing at its worst.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’d much rather watch new Family Guy. New Simpsons is just sterile and boring at its best while depressing at its worst.

Zombie simpsons.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SeANMcBAY posted:

yup. I don't think there's a greater disparity in quality between the good and bad episodes like there is with the simpsons and I don't mean just for cartoons but all shows in general. Dizzying heights but abysmal lows and man they've been low for a long, loooong time.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
when did they change up the animation for the simpsons anyway? Sometime in the mid-teens right? Those are bad seasons but at least they were kinda fun to look at. Now here's a dancing gay horse.

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

when did they change up the animation for the simpsons anyway? Sometime in the mid-teens right? Those are bad seasons but at least they were kinda fun to look at. Now here's a dancing gay horse.

I think around season 15 was when it started to change.

This is a random screengrab from a season 10 episode

and this is a random screengrab from a season 15 episode

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’s nice they hired a lowly webcomic artist like Tim Buckley to The Simpsons.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

It really went to poo poo in season 20, when the show moved to HD (a couple years after the movie)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
nuSimpsons looks like, and probably is, a flash cartoon

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Watch this Lis. You can actually pinpoint the second when the animation rips in half.

Sagebrush posted:

Sigh. Animation these days is so detailed and so dead-looking.

e: never a bad time to post this

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
On a brief animation rant, I caught the last minute or so of a "new" episode and it was Lisa ice skating on a river or something. It was astonishingly sloppy. Like, Windows 95 desktop screen saver bad.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Analytic Engine posted:

Why is the Chef Returns episode any different than their average quality? The jokes would be eye-rollers about Christianity, but Scientology is legitimately dangerous and needed to be publicly insulted. Goons are getting weirdly religious in their 30s because they're embarrassed for posting internet atheism as a kid

I didn't like it because of how outright gory and dragged out chef's death was. Seemed way more unnecessary and over the top compared to other episodes from that era. Imaginationland and other arc episodes sucked.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

I didn't like it because of how outright gory and dragged out chef's death was. Seemed way more unnecessary and over the top compared to other episodes from that era. Imaginationland and other arc episodes sucked.

that death scene was a gently caress you to isaac hayes for leaving

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
after Isaac Hayes died I read somewhere (Wikipedia) that he didn't really want to quit, but Scientology made him

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yeah, I think they confirmed the Scientologists made him quit. I still found chef's death too over the top even as a gently caress you.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’s sad that he died before they could have made up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Yeah, I think they confirmed the Scientologists made him quit. I still found chef's death too over the top even as a gently caress you.

IIRC what happened was that between them making fun of Scientologists and him quitting he had a stroke and all of a sudden there was a new person in his life (from the CoS) making decisions for him.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
it's like when Ginny got possessed and had someone from the CoS (Chamber of Secrets) making all her decisions for her

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ein cooler Typ posted:

it's like when Ginny got possessed and had someone from the CoS (Chamber of Secrets) making all her decisions for her

lol

What has to be wrong with your brain that you would ever voluntarily associate with Scientology, I don't get it. Literally all of the media coverage about it is how it's insane and a scam

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish posted:

lol

What has to be wrong with your brain that you would ever voluntarily associate with Scientology, I don't get it. Literally all of the media coverage about it is how it's insane and a scam

for rich stars its mostly a fancy resort country club type deal where they get their egos fluffed nonstop and told that they have a purpose and that they're doing fine no matter what.

cant speak for the regular schmoes who join up though

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I mean do you have to be demonstrably crazier than that to believe in any religion?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bust Rodd posted:

I mean do you have to be demonstrably crazier than that to believe in any religion?

hurr hurr hurr

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
religion :rolleyes: haha. yeeeee-sh

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
is the pope a catholic? yeah; the dumbass

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm an atheist but yes, you do

Actual religions at least have tradition behind them, Scientology is a blatant scam cooked up by a middling science fiction author

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Bust Rodd posted:

Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'd love to have an actual conversation with a real life scientologist, just to hear what they would come up with to defend their religion other than "WE TECHNICALLY HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO EXIST SCREEEEEEE"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

And I do mean middling, I'm reading Battlefield Earth for the first time right now and it's entertaining enough, but it also feels like it was written by an adolescent.

Jonnie is the ultimate Mary Sue

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'd love to have an actual conversation with a real life scientologist, just to hear what they would come up with to defend their religion other than "WE TECHNICALLY HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO EXIST SCREEEEEEE"

My girlfriend has a degree in psychology, and has done a bit of research on how Scientology ropes people in. Like most cults, they prey on people who are depressed, down on their luck, or otherwise in a lovely point in life, and offer them help and a place of belonging. Early on Scientology actually uses legitimately helpful therapeutic techniques, but they're kind of banking on their victims never going to see An Actual Therapist. Obviously this doesn't hold up forever, just long enough to get people hooked and committed for the next billion years. It's why psychology and therapy are so demonized within CoS, because then people would see they could get actual help without joining a cult.

I may be wrong about all that, but that's my understanding from how she tells it, anyways.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
then why do so many celebrities fall for Scientology

rich and famous people aren't depressed

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they're not surrounded by yes men willing to let them do whatever dumb poo poo in exchange for themselves getting a taste of the life, either

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

:lol:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Notch, you loving idiot.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yall need to fix you're sarcasm detectors

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blast of Confetti posted:

yall need to fix you're sarcasm detectors

Nope. Ein cooler Typ is actually that stupid.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh gently caress i dont know what to believe anymore

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Riptor posted:

the intentionally lovely rebuilt dialogue from chef returns is the funniest thing south park ever did

It is legitimately hilarious

The way chef dies in that episode is kind of stuck in my head. That's a real spiteful way to go and it's kind of soured by the fact he actually died for real soon after (though probably not so violently)

Also the Darth Chef stinger was dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

counterfeitsaint posted:

It doesn't become anything resembling a religion for years and years. Prior to that it's a bunch of self help seminars. There's nothing to defend.