Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

American McGay posted:

They're text codes, in that you have to text the code to a phone number and then it'll reply with a link to the actual coupon code. They very well may have shut them down though.

https://twitter.com/milesdyson/status/1018718590739140608

Thanks let’s see if I become a proud Switch owner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Steve Yun posted:

Thanks lets see if I become a proud Switch owner

Goonspeed

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Thanks let’s see if I become a proud Switch owner

Goonspeed indeed!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

That number doesn't seem to be responding anymore.

Edit: nevermind, just took a bit. Not counting on it working out but it's worth a shot!

Edit 2: Octopath Traveler is sold the gently caress out. Lol

enojy fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 16, 2018

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Ordered Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario Odyssey. Hope it works!

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Ordered Xenoblade 2 and the dlc pass for 40 bucks. Stacked 3 x 15% off plus the 20 bucks off. Will probably get cancelled but I can hope.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

enojy posted:

That number doesn't seem to be responding anymore.

Edit: nevermind, just took a bit. Not counting on it working out but it's worth a shot!

Edit 2: Octopath Traveler is sold the gently caress out. Lol

I had Octopath sniped from my cart while I was entering codes. :lol:

Had to go for pre ordering Monster Hunter instead.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Wish me goonspeed as I try to get this PS4 Pro tomorrow morning.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Mario Tennis is also sold the gently caress out.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

in Captain Toad, why don't the shy guys notice the beam of your headlamp?
They generally won't in lighter levels, but they, and any other enemy that would notice it will do so pretty well in darker areas/levels.

The very final level is a huge pain if you don't manage your headlamp intelligently.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Mario Tennis is also sold the gently caress out.

Everything is sold the gently caress out lol!

All the consoles pretty much everything I checked.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

MarcusSA posted:

Everything is sold the gently caress out lol!

All the consoles pretty much everything I checked.
lol

There's a 0.00002% chance that anyone with more than one 15% off coupon stacked on their order won't get it cancelled. Wish I lived on the west coast so I could have just picked it up tonight in store.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

American McGay posted:

lol

There's a 0.00002% chance that anyone with more than one 15% off coupon stacked on their order won't get it cancelled. Wish I lived on the west coast so I could have just picked it up tonight in store.

Target closes at 10pm on Sunday's. So by the time you would have gotten there it would have been too late.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Good luck with your discounts goons!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I almost think they can't cancel these because the goodwill they would lose would be through the roof. Amazon has had fuckups like this and they honor them. In fact for a while my friend's job at Amazon was to make sure this exact situation didn't happen again after something exactly like this happened with diapers.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

American McGay posted:

lol

But they’re supposed to honor their online store, it’s the laaaawwww :qq:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ah, so I guess it makes sense that my amazon order got knocked into the back half of August. lol.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
I already got an email with the xenoblade dlc pass so cautiously optimistic for the rest.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

The Lobster posted:

I almost think they can't cancel these because the goodwill they would lose would be through the roof. Amazon has had fuckups like this and they honor them. In fact for a while my friend's job at Amazon was to make sure this exact situation didn't happen again after something exactly like this happened with diapers.

I don't think they'd lose much good will as most people who are doing this know that if it goes through they got really lucky because of a technical error.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
All PS4s are now sold out and my friends got fitbits and 4K movies a few minutes ago

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I just tried to stack the coupons and it doesn't seem to let me do it. It'll only allow me to do one at a time.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
Welp, just picked up digital versions of Bayo I & II and Xenoblade 2 + expansion pass. Forgot to grab Splatoon 2 and they won't send me new codes (:(), but fingers crossed I'll actually get the download codes. Ended up being 50% off with everything stacked.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I just tried to stack the coupons and it doesn't seem to let me do it. It'll only allow me to do one at a time.

Yeah, my friend tried to get a 3DS a few minutes ago with the same result. However another friend got nearly free groceries only a few minutes earlier which was something she sorely needed so I'm hoping for her sake she can pick them up in... *checks* three hours.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

West of Loathing is soooooo good. Only €9!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

friendship ended with hollow knight

now darkest dungeon is my best friend

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
Just got an email from Target saying they had to cancel my order due to a "technical issue." And I can't seem to log in or add anything to the cart on their site at the moment. Maybe some people will get lucky, but it looks unlikely.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
goddamn, Captain Toad has one hell of a twist

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yaaah every single one of those orders is definitely gonna get canceled, especially for those of you who snagged a console

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Octopath is really good, I had friends over yesterday for the World Cup final so I didn't get to play it at all, but played a few hours on Friday evening and on Saturday. I kind of miss the risk/reward aspect of the Brave/Default system in BD/BS, but I like how the Boost system in Octopath combines well with the Shield points and weaknesses for enemies. Plus when you have the job specific actions which can attack all enemies etc, and strategically Break backup enemies during boss fights, it makes it quite interesting.

I think my only real complaint is the English voice acting.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

alf_pogs posted:

friendship ended with hollow knight

now darkest dungeon Fortnite is my best friend

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

uber_stoat posted:

ah, so I guess it makes sense that my amazon order got knocked into the back half of August. lol.

It's getting sold out at many different storefronts. I can't wait for Square-Enix to publically state that they are shocked people are interested in classic style JRPGs with modest production values.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sunning posted:

It's getting sold out at many different storefronts. I can't wait for Square-Enix to publically state that they are shocked people are interested in classic style JRPGs with modest production values. disappointed it didn't sell even more.

:hmmyes:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

KingSlime posted:

Yaaah every single one of those orders is definitely gonna get canceled, especially for those of you who snagged a console
Just picked up my order, although mine was less than 50% off and also under $100. Seems like they're mostly going through though. Good luck to the guys who tried to save 70% on a 4K tv.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

American McGay posted:

Just picked up my order, although mine was less than 50% off and also under $100. Seems like they're mostly going through though. Good luck to the guys who tried to save 70% on a 4K tv.

Some guy in the Deals thread just successfully picked up a Switch and a 4K TV for $230 so it seems it's gonna be luck of the draw

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Sunning posted:

It's getting sold out at many different storefronts. I can't wait for Square-Enix to publically state that they are shocked people are interested in classic style JRPGs with modest production values.

I wonder if they'll also put it down on how popular the Switch is and how the sales on this console have been pretty good for a lot of devs.

But yeah, the main takeaway should be to let these Bravely-esque projects get more funding since they are knocking it out of the park.

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

THAT'S NOT A BALD SPOT!! that's just where my cat was eating my dandruff
Son of a bitch the codes aren't active anymore. The one day I fall behind on this thread and I miss out on the chance for this absurdly discounted Switch. Ah well back to saving up and hoping for a solid deal around the holidays

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

That's not what the source tweet said! That person is sensationalizing it for whatever reason.

The tweet was apologizing for it to be hard to find over the three-day holiday weekend in Japan and suggesting people buy it digitally (if they want to play over the holiday). Amazon Japan has a restock next week.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

mattfl posted:

Shoot me an email mattfl @ gmail and we'll talk :)

Emailed you a few days ago and didn't hear back...you still making those little game caddies?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://smile.amazon.com/Samsung-Mi...es%2A=0&ie=UTF8

I hear this is the best microsd for the Switch. Correct? The sandisk is cheaper but people seem to like the Samsung more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://smile.amazon.com/Samsung-Mi...es%2A=0&ie=UTF8

I hear this is the best microsd for the Switch. Correct? The sandisk is cheaper but people seem to like the Samsung more.

it really doesn't matter

• Locked thread