Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Bloody hell arguing having a discussion with my dad is loving exhausting. He's always right about everything. I have to literally repeat my point twenty times with twenty different wordings until he can finally concede that maybe he's looking at things wrong.

On the other hand, I loving refuse to give ground anymore. Never again will I sigh and say "Yeah ok you're right" just to avoid an argument.

e. actual FWP: this isn't the Why Was Your Day lovely thread. I thought I was in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I was all hyped up for a spooky movie that had a good premise and it turned out to be a piece of poop.

What movie was it? I was recently burned by Spectral. I thought it would be better than it was; cool sounding premise, military fighting ghosts, and it was a wet fart of a movie.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
An older one called Classroom 6. Found footage about a haunted classroom. Sounded neat but turned out to just suck. Budget of like $4 and no one involved could act.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I want having periods to be over already. Fuuuuuuuuck how many more years of this bullshit?

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Cowslips Warren posted:

I want having periods to be over already. Fuuuuuuuuck how many more years of this bullshit?

Same.
:smith: :hf: :smith:

Unrelated FWP: I was looking forward to buying some fun stuff in the next week or so, but instead that money has to go to fixing my car's A/C.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Get the implanon/nexplanon and you’ll never have them again. I think it’s like $250 without insurance but my insurance covered it fully so yours might too. Doesn’t hurt to get it put in and you don’t ever feel it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've my first day of work at a full time job tomorrow and the dresscode is casual but I've spent the last eight years in academia so I'm worried my sense of "casual" has completely rotted compared to what most people will think is acceptable work wear.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
When in doubt just wear a polo and some slacks, and upgrade/downgrade appropriately after your first day.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't own any of those things lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

I don't own any of those things lol

Jeans, plaid shirt, and neutral sneakers. For the love of god don’t wear shorts or sandals until you’ve seen yourself other people doing that at work.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I don't feel good, thrown up twice, so I called into work today. I feel guilty for calling in, especially as I have tomorrow off. I also feel stupid for apologizing to the boss, even though he said it's okay and to take care of myself.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Part of my brain is telling me to wait for a sale for Jurassic World Evolution because the concensus seems to be "flawed but good", gently caress paying 60bux for anything these days, and the fact that I don't have a lot of time to play video games, now.

The other part is saying holy poo poo its Operation Genesis 2.0 and look how pretty it is and buy it nownownownow

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

Part of my brain is telling me to wait for a sale for Jurassic World Evolution because the concensus seems to be "flawed but good", gently caress paying 60bux for anything these days, and the fact that I don't have a lot of time to play video games, now.

The other part is saying holy poo poo its Operation Genesis 2.0 and look how pretty it is and buy it nownownownow

you and me both. I wanna build a dinosaur park but I don't wanna pay full price for it :arghfist::saddowns:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That's... pretty in spirit to the first movie.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That's... pretty in spirit to the first movie.

Uh, excuse me, they spared no expense! I mean, the dude said it like a dozen times!

I feel bad for the scientists that worked so long and hard for that shaving cream can, only for it to disappear forever.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Is there an option in the game to not build a park and therefore keep everyone safe.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Where's the fun in that? :krakken:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
How the gently caress do I have like eight allen wrenches from various pieces of furniture assembly but I don't have the one to retighten a bolt on my friggin' computer chair?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I made a minor mistake a few weeks ago effecting the most drama-driven department in the hospital, and they raised a huge stink that completely backfired on them, prompted administration to crack down on them making up random rules other people have to follow while dealing with them, and finally got my department permission to reopen a full time position that got cut years ago. A full time night shift position that everyone wants to exist, but nobody but me wants to work :staredog:

The problem was I only heard about the stink that got raised before working at a different hospital for a while so for a couple weeks I was constantly worried about losing my job or something.

Danaru has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Jul 10, 2018

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
gently caress wrong thread I guess that's my FWP i'm a god drat moron

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The office is freezing today. Someone turned the AC all the way down to "walk-in freezer". Like, I'm about to take a break and go outside in the 90-degree weather to warm up.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
An opossum I follow on instagram is getting old and their owners keep making posts that are gently but obviously trying to let people know that there's a good chance the opossum is going to die soon (months, not days) and it's super bumming me out. Why do small critters have to have such short lifespans?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I accidentally took twice the amount of hormones I should have this morning (I'd dropped a pill yesterday and couldn't find it, then I found it this morning after I'd already took my daily dose and thought "might as well"), and my emotions have been a loving mess all day.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My phone went to 4G after I walked out of the subway and OH MY GOD WAS IT SO SLOW. I think all the cheap-o carriers use 4G but claim it’s LTE because there is NO reason for it to be so slow; I’ve used 4G in this area a billion times and it’s never been this bad—and it’s rush hour in a busy area which supports my idea. I had to turn off data and turn it back on to get back on glorious LTE because Jesus it took 2.5 minutes to load a google search.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 15:52 on Jul 12, 2018

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm trying to figure out if mall goths evolved and crossbred into geekcore or if they just went extinct after the loss of their natural habitat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Star Man posted:

I'm trying to figure out if mall goths evolved and crossbred into geekcore or if they just went extinct after the loss of their natural habitat.

They absolutely did.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Inzombiac posted:

They absolutely did.

Was it both or one of the two?! I need to know!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Star Man posted:

Was it both or one of the two?! I need to know!

Yes.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

They absolutely did.

As a former mall goth, I can confirm, except that I turned into a loser that plays video games all day, BUT everyone I knew who is a former mall goth is SUPER into “geek” stuff like dumb figurines and “I am a geek :smug: “ shirts. Also they are all very overweight, like past the Obese BMI. I’m just a little chubby (was called THICK by a coworker) so I think I turned out ok no I didn’t

E: hot topic apparently markets towards the geek poo poo now; they still have the goth clothes but that’s significantly overwhelmed by the geek shirts and random kick-knacks:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 19:52 on Jul 12, 2018

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I loving hate the Calgary Stampede

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Thin Privilege posted:

As a former mall goth, I can confirm, except that I turned into a loser that plays video games all day, BUT everyone I knew who is a former mall goth is SUPER into “geek” stuff like dumb figurines and “I am a geek :smug: “ shirts. Also they are all very overweight, like past the Obese BMI. I’m just a little chubby (was called THICK by a coworker) so I think I turned out ok no I didn’t

E: hot topic apparently markets towards the geek poo poo now; they still have the goth clothes but that’s significantly overwhelmed by the geek shirts and random kick-knacks:

It’s pronounced Thicc

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Friend A bugged me for years to try WoW. Friend A is a player who raids 3 nights a week and wanted me to raid with her.

Friend B told me to try it for free and see what I liked to do.

So I downloaded WoW. Made a random character and got stuck in the loving main page because there's no tutorial on how to do poo poo, there's no way to chat with the other players wandering around, and the only hint of what to do was right-click for a quest, which opened a loving map that only moved to other maps when I clicked on it.

So I uninstalled the game. Even loving Overwatch had a basic tutorial!

Edit: friend b has an idea where he can watch me on Facebook streaming or something and then give me a basic rundown on how to play. Because you need a coach to start?

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 05:26 on Jul 13, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

Friend A bugged me for years to try WoW. Friend A is a player who raids 3 nights a week and wanted me to raid with her.

Friend B told me to try it for free and see what I liked to do.

So I downloaded WoW. Made a random character and got stuck in the loving main page because there's no tutorial on how to do poo poo, there's no way to chat with the other players wandering around, and the only hint of what to do was right-click for a quest, which opened a loving map that only moved to other maps when I clicked on it.

So I uninstalled the game. Even loving Overwatch had a basic tutorial!

Edit: friend b has an idea where he can watch me on Facebook streaming or something and then give me a basic rundown on how to play. Because you need a coach to start?

WoW is one of the most dumbed down and newbie-friendly MMORPG games around, I’m extremely confused by your account. There’s range of lengthy tutorials not only early on but also throughout the game , both explicit and just as teaching game design elements you encounter very early into the game.

Last I made a new character there (2016 I think?) it was full of glowing arrows and highlighted buttons and everything. Since then they’ve been only doubling down on accessibility angle, as far as I’ve seen.

Chat is right there, just press enter. Map closes with the cross button or M or map button on the panel and is just used like Google Maps on your phone, not to do navigate through clicking on it.

cinci zoo sniper has a new favorite as of 08:39 on Jul 13, 2018

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I saw none of that. Went from design your character to a menu with areas to play in.

New fwp: some assholes siphoned gas from our work vans. Busted my van's gas door and then spilled half the tank in the parking lot. No security cameras. This happens every year.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
There's some kinda renovation going on in the apartment below me and the drilling and banging noises are driving me up the loving wall.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

Nordick posted:

There's some kinda renovation going on in the apartment below me and the drilling and banging noises are driving me up the loving wall.

My neighbour has been remodelling his garden into some sort of tiled hellscape, involving angle grinders and diggers. The noise and fumes have been wafting into my garden so we cannot use it for anything. For two weeks. And this in the middle of an historic heat wave.

He's a nice guy otherwise but pulling that poo poo in the middle of summer holidays has pissed me and the wife off to no end.

Things are going well when it is enough to piss us off like that, so it's a genuine FWP.

Bonus: he's using underpaid Eastern European workers who don't give a poo poo so it will all look awful next year after rains and frost.

Mzuri has a new favorite as of 17:35 on Jul 13, 2018

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Nordick posted:

I think I know what they are doing - they are raising their ceiling, which is slowly pushing your floor up like the pranks in The Twits - they are literally driving you up the wall :v:

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I've got two problems today.

The first is that I just did a long overdue upgrade to my PC, and I want to take it for a test drive with some of the AAA video games I haven't played in the past few years. BUT for once in my life I have plans to go out like all weekend long.

Which leads to my second problem: about a year ago I made a wish on a monkey's paw "I wish some other kind of beer would get popular, I'm tired of IPAs" and a finger curled inward and every craft brewery in the nation rediscovered sours, which taste like poo poo, and I keep ordering them on accident because craft breweries generally think that "DEMURE SEX LIZARD" is sufficient description for a beer and sigh at you contemptuously through their immaculately trimmed beards when you ask for something that doesn't taste like the runoff from a rotting citrus orchard.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Well, fortunately the work only lasted for a couple days, and far as I can tell my floor is at the same height as it was before. Though frankly I'd gladly give a few inches of room height if it meant I never have to hear such racket again.

As for another noise related FWP, this morning my sleep was interrupted first by the neighbour's harridan yelling into her telephone outside, a second time by some maintenance van or whatever idling its rickety diesel engine for what seemed like an eternity just a few dozen feet from my bedroom window, and because these two weren't noisy enough, a third time by - I poo poo you not - a loving F-18 literally doing aerobatics right above the neighbourhood.

God I loving hate noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm finding that I'm managing to step on and often undo my shoelaces more than usual. I think its because of their age (do laces stretch over time?), because I didn't seem to have this issue of tripping over my drat laces every hour like I used to.