Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Mameeekueya/status/1018515362717958144

...I'm torn on whether or not Wooper Gijinka should have arms or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lol if your rotating team doesnt take up 2 entire boxes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ikiro_pkmn/status/1018258555999141888

There you go.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That only raises further questions!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
love to put my boat in a place where it needs to carefully sail in small bottlenecks

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Kanto wasn't really designed with realism in mind. I mean there's a route that's essentially a fence maze.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dizz posted:

What ever happened to the pokemon Bill fused with?

he didn't fuse with anything, he transformed himself into chansey. his spirit animal

quote:

love to put my boat in a place where it needs to carefully sail in small bottlenecks

it's true to life, like when people try to sail anything larger than a covered skiff down the sumida river

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 15, 2018

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

as was asked before: where does it go after it has sailed under cycling road?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

it's true to life, like when people try to sail anything larger than a covered skiff down the sumida river

Or the Verranzo Narrows bridge in NYC vs current container and cruise ships.

quote:

While of a design similar to that of Queen Elizabeth 2, Queen Mary 2's funnel has a slightly different shape, because a taller funnel would have made it impossible for the ship to pass under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge in New York City at high tide. The final design permits a minimum of 13 feet (4.0 m) of clearance under the bridge.

Most harbors have a narrows and many have a bridge. The narrows are generally part of what keeps a harbor safer than open ocean or clear coastine in a storm.

Kanto is still ridiculous.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hammerite posted:

as was asked before: where does it go after it has sailed under cycling road?

It makes the hardest left possible and then has to negotiate the space between Pallet and Cinnabar.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Funky Valentine posted:

It makes the hardest left possible and then has to negotiate the space between Pallet and Cinnabar.

there are two lines of rocks, protruding above the water's surface, that are sufficiently close together that a human being can't pass between them

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Look they already wasted millions of dollars building a big pier just to house a truck, you can't expect them to have thought through every problem.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gameplay/Story segregation, although it'd be nice to be able to Surf from Vermilion to Cinnabar

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Vinylshadow posted:

Gameplay/Story segregation, although it'd be nice to be able to Surf from Vermilion to Cinnabar

There's no real reason you couldn't, right? As soon as you get surf you would generally have cut (unless you died to get yourself off SS Anne) and fly which could get you back to Pallet Town and open up Cinnabar anyway.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

The White Dragon posted:

he didn't fuse with anything, he transformed himself into chansey. his spirit animal

So it's canon in the Pokemon universe that men can lay eggs and minimize?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

...Well, that was humbling.

Nothing quite like strolling up to Necrozma, telling yourself "Okay, I got this, I can beat this, despite the horror stories I've heard."

And then watching all six of your pokemon get out-sped and oneshot.

I just cheezed that fucker with FEAR antics. Yeah it's cheap as hell, but I was honestly just trying to power my way to the Battle Tree so I could finally get to the real gameplay from my end of the sticks :shrug:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Does anyone have a shiny porygon for trade?

I know shinies are asking a lot around here, I just love me that blue/white color scheme :allears:

I want to evolve one to a Porygon2 for a stylish BT team!

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Is Let's Go Pikachu bad or good?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's not out yet.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

why does beldum have a catch rate of 3

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

SirSamVimes posted:

Because they're trying to force you to use your Master Ball as something other than a paper weight

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Vinylshadow posted:

Because they're trying to force you to use your Master Ball as something other than a paper weight

all they're forcing me to do is yearn for the sweet embrace of death

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I have several Event Entei/Event Raikou codes leftover from the Target giveaway (North America). These codes expire July 23 so please PM me and I can send you a code.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Rapidly expiring Entei / Raikou US codes

A8Z94KXMFDDTR8HS
A8Z94KXXS9ZE5597
A8Z94KY936MHLF3T

Please yell at me if it appears I've made a typo.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Phweengee posted:

A8Z94KXMFDDTR8HS
A8Z94KXXS9ZE5597
A8Z94KY936MHLF3T

Took the last one! Thank you for the Raikou.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Phweengee posted:

A8Z94KXMFDDTR8HS
A8Z94KXXS9ZE5597
A8Z94KY936MHLF3T

Grabbed the middle one thanks

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Just got the first one. You’re awesome.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Parrotine posted:

Does anyone have a shiny porygon for trade?

I know shinies are asking a lot around here, I just love me that blue/white color scheme :allears:

I want to evolve one to a Porygon2 for a stylish BT team!

Nth Doctor posted:

Actually I've been meaning to post about that. I have FIVE shiny Zygarde codes. Want one? Jump on over to the Goon Trading Thread and find a needy to set up a trade with.

First five to make a trade to someone asking for one in the thread and confirm it in the trading thread get a code!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SirSamVimes posted:

Also it knows takedown.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

gently caress it, Raikou/Entei Code here.

Claimed. I'll post the remaining ones tomorrow.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 16, 2018

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Thanks! Grabbed the bottom.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Grabbed the remaining code, you're awesome, notthegoatseguy!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

ajkalan posted:

Congrats to Taillow, Ludicolo Butterfree, Gallade, Illumise, Aegislash, and Swampert

And that's one completed rematch of the ORAS Elite 4! I had to grind to level 65 to do it though. Notes:
-Phoebe's Chandelure was still the toughest enemy I faced, since it could one-shot all but Swellow with effective moves. Good thing the bird had Rain Dance to at least weaken the Flamethrower. Keeping Ludicolo would have been handy here.
-Aegislash is really good against any non-Chandelure foe. It swept most of the dragon-type trainer's Pokemon (except whichever one had Flamethrower, Swampert tagged in there). King's Shield is downright abusive in setting up a Swords Dance/Iron Head kill combo.
-Swampert is an impressive tank. I spent the fight against the Dusknoir reviving and healing everyone in my team that had been wiped by the Chandelure, and it could barely dent Swampert in the process. The Mega evolution was a nice bonus.
-Illumise was surprisingly useful. It's tanky enough to survive non-effective moves and get off a Thunder Wave, and not being a flying secondary type like most bugs it was fully survivable against the ice trainer.
-Gallade wasn't that good; it was useless against the first two trainers and nothing else was especially vulnerable to its moveset. Butterfree sat around looking pretty and I think got off a Toxic against one of the dragons.

That was a cool challenge, even if I lucked into a bunch of really good Pokemon. It was a fun wrap-up to this game. Maybe in a few years I'll get around to Sun/Moon and do this all over again.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

ajkalan posted:

That was a cool challenge, even if I lucked into a bunch of really good Pokemon. It was a fun wrap-up to this game. Maybe in a few years I'll get around to Sun/Moon and do this all over again.

If anything, it would be even MORE interesting in Sun/Moon due to the multiple Title Defense challengers you can face.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

RatHat posted:

Also it knows takedown.

Thankfully I had a ghost to negate that aspect.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

A couple more Raikou/Entei codes:

claimed

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 17, 2018

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

that ivy guy posted:

How does the wonder trading even provide an entertaining stream? Is there any commentary or is it just a room where people watch the stream of bot-traded mons

Because people watching try to get one too. Audience participation! It's been a core part of this stuff ever since the first Let's Plays that were a series of like 700 JPG screenshots with a poll whether to name Squall Bonerdad

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Where is the current code giveaway? Gamestop or somewhere else?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Off topic but I think I've found a reason to replay FF8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

Where is the current code giveaway? Gamestop or somewhere else?

Target this time. They're on a display in Electronics or wherever they keep cards. If there are leftovers from the other giveaway they're still good for another week.