Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Congrats on being chill with governments putting children in cages, I guess? :confused:

I'm a pretty chill guy.

sebzilla posted:

You're at best a fascist enabler if you're going to look at a fascist and shrug

Liberals are loving trash, thanks Capitalism!

:shrug:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

lol that reminds me

there's 54 pages of this

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm more interested in "I want a girl just like the girl who married dear old dad"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ate all the Oreos posted:

I'm more interested in "I want a girl just like the girl who married dear old dad"

The Oedipus Rex musical was a blinder.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

The Oedipus Rex musical was a blinder.

Wow it's way worse than I was expecting

quote:

When I was a boy my mother often said to me
Get married boy and see how happy you will be
I have looked all over, but no girlie can I find,
Who seems to be just like the little girl I have in mind,
I will have to look around until the right one I have found.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

In Kumar voice “gently caress you donuts are awesome”

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

stoicism is good though

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I exist, therefore I am a product.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

There's no way this is legal, is it? I'm pretty sure you can't just sign away rights to use your face by stepping somewhere.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Nurge posted:

There's no way this is legal, is it? I'm pretty sure you can't just sign away rights to use your face by stepping somewhere.

only if you know what they used it for and fight it in court by spending your money. You loving peasent. hope you can afford a protracted legal battle working at whatever starbucks you work at you apple-store entering scum-gently caress, We own you. We will own you in court too. you are nothing. NOTHING

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Nurge posted:

Kids in cages still A-OK though, right?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Buncha idiot commies itt don't understand that capitalism loving owns because it may soon lead to the complete annihilation of our dumb, gay species

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

sebzilla posted:

Kids in cages still A-OK though, right?

Dunno. Which kids are these? Were the kids real assholes?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Motherfucker posted:

only if you know what they used it for and fight it in court by spending your money. You loving peasent. hope you can afford a protracted legal battle working at whatever starbucks you work at you apple-store entering scum-gently caress, We own you. We will own you in court too. you are nothing. NOTHING

Imagine believing the rich play by the rules in TYOOL 2018

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Vargs posted:

Buncha idiot commies itt don't understand that capitalism loving owns because it may soon lead to the complete annihilation of our dumb, gay species

I think humanity might be less utterly worthy of extinction if it had never invented capitalism.

still, one way or the other right?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Nurge posted:

Nothing has intrinsic value or meaning so you assign value to whatever you want to.

That is complete bullshit. Does a human need food to survive? Yes, so that has value. Does a human need Water to survive, so that has a value. Does a human in this modern age need electricity to survive, yes that also has an assigned value. Now there are other things that certainly do not as they are not in anyway part of the necessities of life. I for instance like archery, but plenty of other people do not hold any value in being able to hit a target from forty yards so while I hold great value on my bow many others would not. This idea we cannot assign intrinsic value is inherently at odds with reality. Personally I say anyone who makes this argument needs to be denied food and water for a few days.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 16:44 on Jul 16, 2018

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Nurge posted:

Dunno. Which kids are these? Were the kids real assholes?

Define 'rear end in a top hat'.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CowboyAndy posted:

Define 'rear end in a top hat'.

Dunno if they tortured animals or like threw rocks at cars from an overpass or something I wouldn't say no to a little caging.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Crowsbeak posted:

That is complete bullshit. Does a human need food to survive? Yes, so that has value. Does a human need Water to survive, so that has a value. Does a human in this modern age need electricity to survive, yes that also has an assigned value. Now there are other things that certainly do not as they are not in anyway part of the necessities of life. I for instance like archery, but plenty of other people do not hold any value in being able to hit a target from forty yards so while I hold great value on my bow many others would not. This idea we cannot assign intrinsic value is inherently at odds with reality. Personally I say anyone who makes this argument needs to be denied food and water for a few days.

Life has no intrinsic value so none of the things you mentioned do either.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Notice no answer to my disproving the entire argument we cannot assign intrinsic value.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Crowsbeak posted:

The post you're responding to: "Nothing has intrinsic value or meaning so you assign value to whatever you want to."

Your post: "This idea we cannot assign intrinsic value is inherently at odds with reality."

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Would join. No one died.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Nurge posted:

Dunno if they tortured animals or like threw rocks at cars from an overpass or something I wouldn't say no to a little caging.

Caging kids is never cool or good

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Liberals: caging kids is bad
Me: what if the kid was hitler

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

amazing

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Nurge posted:

You know full well which kids we're talking about, fash.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CowboyAndy posted:

Probably not. People brought it up out of the blue though and I have no idea what relevance it has to what I said. And I mean if I think real hard I can think of situations where I wouldn't be super opposed to it probably.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You know full well which kids we're talking about, fash.

I really don't. Is it the thai soccer team or whatever? They were in a cave, not a cage.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Stop getting your taints reaped by Nurge

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Liberals: caging kids is bad
Me: what if the kid was hitler

baby hitler gets sent to bed with no dinner?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
So nurge does food that which humans need to survive not have intrinsic value? Does Water? Does Electricity?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

CowboyAndy posted:

Counterpoint: some kids are assholes, and would be well served by quiet time away from a screen and the people who love and care for them.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Crowsbeak posted:

So nurge does food that which humans need to survive not have intrinsic value? Does Water? Does Electricity?

Scroll up. I already answered this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Nurge posted:

Scroll up. I already answered this.

Yeah, you're a nihilist. So, what we need to do now, is fix that opinion. Through whatever means neceserry.