Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ilmucche posted:

What is going on in that gas one? I don't get what they're trying to say

Somebody pulled up to a gas pump that was prepaid and helped themselves to some gas at the expense of the person who paid for it.

The person who paid was for some reason not already parked at the pump they were paying for, and the OP somehow heard the attendant say that they would cover the cost of the gas despite having already driven away.

None of this bullshit story makes any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

oldpainless posted:

halo 4 cane out like 5 years ago on the 360 lmao at a story carrying it when there’s copies of Bayonetta to sell

In that post's defence, it is quite an old post so it could very well be from the time when Halo 4 wasn't a 5 year old last gen game

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

ilmucche posted:

What is going on in that gas one? I don't get what they're trying to say

its a fakepost like a missed connections. He's claiming he drove up to a pump that was good to go, put the pump in and ignored the guy screaming for him to stop then, without getting out of his car again, drove off with someone else's prepaid for gas.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Captain Monkey posted:

its a fakepost like a missed connections. He's claiming he drove up to a pump that was good to go, put the pump in and ignored the guy screaming for him to stop then, without getting out of his car again, drove off with someone else's prepaid for gas.

I know it's fake, but it still doesn't make any sense. Nobody prepays for gas unless their car is already at the pump.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I know it's fake, but it still doesn't make any sense. Nobody prepays for gas unless their car is already at the pump.

The best (most incoherent) part is that he somehow heard the attendant telling the person that he'd cover the gas, after he drove away.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Yeah man, this dude is bad at telling fake stories. Thats what this thread is about

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's not unheard of for the wage slaves to put the money on the wrong pump but typically that isn't noticed until after the person has pumped and drove off.

Or maybe it was a guy who ran out of gas and had to walk to the station to buy a gas can. While paying for the can they prepaid on a pump but someone pulled up before they got out to fill the can.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
I guess the optimistic version is that they have a ridiculously guilty conscience, went back to the location later to sort things out, and still felt bad enough to confess to their screwup online afterwards.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
With bonus artifacting

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Fathis Munk posted:

With bonus artifacting

Who would read this and not agree with the professor 100%

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

That is every-self-described-class-clown-ever.txt right there. They think the professor is throwing them out with a jovial "oh you" attitude but it's actually "you're really loving annoying, stop".

That is, you know, if the stuff actually happened. You could (rightfully) say "no you didn't" after each one of those statements and he'd brush it off by like "but it'd be epic if i did right lol". Maybe the sneezing one actually happened, but the being asked to leave part was probably "go get some tissues in the bathroom you're grossing everyone out" or something.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Len posted:

It's not unheard of for the wage slaves to put the money on the wrong pump but typically that isn't noticed until after the person has pumped and drove off.

Or maybe it was a guy who ran out of gas and had to walk to the station to buy a gas can. While paying for the can they prepaid on a pump but someone pulled up before they got out to fill the can.

Stop.
Trying.
To.
Explain.
The.
Bullshit.
Stories.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

That is every-self-described-class-clown-ever.txt right there. They think the professor is throwing them out with a jovial "oh you" attitude but it's actually "you're really loving annoying, stop".

Regardless of the veracity of the story, the fact that the poster thought it put them in a positive light is terrifying.

Like I used to be super annoying in class for a while (nothing quite that bad, fortunately) until one day in middle school when it hit me that I wasn't being lovable-funny but an active hindrance to the class. To be that annoying of a person and not realize it yourself beyond age 16 is a nightmare I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies.

(Realized I'm kind of assuming that a grown person wrote that, but I guess there are a bunch of kids on Tumblr, hopefully it's just a dumb kid.)

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

felch me daddy jr. posted:

(Realized I'm kind of assuming that a grown person wrote that, but I guess there are a bunch of kids on Tumblr, hopefully it's just a dumb kid.)

Ostensibly it was written by someone in college.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Fathis Munk posted:

With bonus artifacting

Going into colossal debt so he can not learn anything and make everyone around him hate him so he doesn't even get contacts out of it. This kid sounds like a winner. At least he'll have hilarious stories to tell his fellow homeless people in five years.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Besesoth posted:

Going into colossal debt so he can not learn anything and make everyone around him hate him so he doesn't even get contacts out of it. This kid sounds like a winner. At least he'll have hilarious stories to tell his fellow homeless people in five years.

I love the mental image of someone glancing over and copying "they are dickheads burn it all down" on their test.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The bit where he's mad at the "frat boy" for disrupting the lecture reminds me of that seinfeld episode where george is pissed someone upstages him when he kept repeating his joke at showings of a movie. It's only good when he disrupts class, apparently, and the frat boy should stop stealing his moves.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nth Doctor posted:

Ostensibly it was written by someone in college.

Yeah, I've never had a professor need to ask someone to leave the class. And I can't help but imagine that if a student is just yelling about the government being dickheads, and calling other students dickheads, they'd get kicked out of the course entirely. Same with literally ruining another student's test. I think if I did that, they'd kick me right out of my program of study.*

* I don't know what it actually takes to get kicked out of poo poo at my school because, once again, I've never seen a student disrupt class more than by just talking during it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

He mentioned socratic debate or something so it was probably an intro philosophy course, where the worst of the worst college students who have no idea what they want to do go. He probably wasn't even the most irritating person in the class for whatever hung over adjunct professor had to babysit them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

kazil posted:

Stop.
Trying.
To.
Explain.
The.
Bullshit.
Stories.

I mean I worked at a gas station for almost three years. I saw people get their gas pumped by someone else on numerous occasions. The only unbelievable part is everything past "I pumped someone's gas"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm actually gonna propose that this is a high schooler writing about what they think college is like

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

He mentioned socratic debate or something so it was probably an intro philosophy course, where the worst of the worst college students who have no idea what they want to do go. He probably wasn't even the most irritating person in the class for whatever hung over adjunct professor had to babysit them.

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/585859882869469184?s=20

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You want me to put a fake name on your order? Alright.. (self.MaliciousCompliance)

quote:

So this is about 3 years ago i was working at Papa Johns (in Canada) and was acting as the assistant manager. When we had customers order within the store we would just take the customers name so that we can call out their order once it's ready and usually this isn't an issue.

Well an older gentleman walks in 60-70 i'd say. He waits in line, approaches the counter places his order, but when I asked this customer for his name, I realized I had opened pandoras box.

Cus: "What do you need my name for?"

Me:"its so that when your order is prepared I can call it out for you sir. "

Cus: "You don't need my loving name" turns to customers in line and says " Watch out! The loving pizza guy wants your social security number."

Me:" Sir if it is an issue you can just use a fake name" Cus: "just put Bob on it"

and so i did

10 Minutes later his Pizza is hot and fresh from the oven, i walk to the counter and yell out to the store "pizza for bob". The guy doesnt budge. I realize now that this man has forgotten that he was ordering under an alias and doesn't know his order is ready. The other customers in the store however knew what was happening because they just watched and heard the misery unfold, they turn to "bob", they turn to me, they turn to "bob" and I can see it in their eyes, even the customers long for that malicious compliance. I continued to bring the other customers their orders, some who had been there before him, and once "bob" had noticed that i was serving food to those who ordered after him, he approached the counter [ at this point the pizza is getting nice and dry under the heat lamp] it's been about 20 minutes since he's ordered.

Cus:"Is my food going to be ready soon?"

Me:"Sir, it's been out of the oven for about ten minutes now, i've called for the name you gave me several times but nobody came to the counter."

At this point the guy is aware that he is getting his food late at his own demise.

I hand him the pizza and there is no more exchanging of words, he leaves and goes on his way, the customers who witnessed the misery unfold were all snickering as he left.

Not a bad gig.

Normally I'd consider this too weak for even STDH but this poo poo is currently on the front page of reddit with 7897 upvotes.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Poor grandpa 238-44-3816, after a lifetime of being ridiculed for his name he now gets his pizza late because of it too.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Danaru posted:

You want me to put a fake name on your order? Alright.. (self.MaliciousCompliance)

Normally I'd consider this too weak for even STDH but this poo poo is currently on the front page of reddit with 7897 upvotes.

See, that’s bland enough that I totally believe it DID happen, if you nix the part about all the other customers knowing what’s up and watching things play out with glee or wtf-ever.

Old people (hell, not even JUST old people) are weird about that sometimes. Of course, in real life, if you know “bob” doesn’t remember that’s their SSN-protecting alias, you just go tap the dude.

Why do people bother writing this poo poo? “His pizza was no longer optimally fresh! KABLAM!” Truly, a sick burn.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
What a boring story.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Hahaha old people are wary of giving out personal information and have deteriorating short-term memory skills and are a burden on society :roflolmao:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Hahaha old people are wary of giving out personal information and have deteriorating short-term memory skills and are a burden on society :roflolmao:

This but unironically.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Danaru posted:

At this point the guy is aware that he is getting his food late at his own demise. 

Why does he need a pizza if he's dead

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Unkempt posted:

Well you want something to eat in the afterlife, don't you?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
That definitely falls under the category of "probably happened but why are you telling me"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I love when people try to sound smart or sophisticated by using words they don't actually know the meaning of.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sir Lemming posted:

That definitely falls under the category of "probably happened but why are you telling me"

It didn’t. Canada doesn’t even have social security numbers. We have social INSURANCE numbers, but the American term being used is real sketchy.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Unkempt posted:

Much like the pharoah's of ancient Egypt, if you aren't buried with a delicious pizza you will have none in the afterlife.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Poor grandpa 238-44-3816, after a lifetime of being ridiculed for his name he now gets his pizza late because of it too.

At least Grandpa 420-69-1488 could just go by Grandpa Weed Sex Racist.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

The_White_Crane posted:

Well you want something to eat in the afterlife, don't you?

Not Papa loving John's.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/status/1019596435166294017
https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/status/1019599318003531776
https://twitter.com/interslices/status/1019609832893149184

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 18:01 on Jul 18, 2018

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

Stop.
Trying.
To.
Explain.
The.
Bullshit.
Stories.

The story was honestly confusing. Also, for some of us half the fun is in tearing it apart.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
That honestly just reads like a poorly written twitter bot.

Maybe both the stories and the man didn’t happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I'm guessing once upon a time there was a Starbucks barista who didn't take kindly to Mr Wohl's attentions.