Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't fully grasp how Elemental attacks work with Energy and Physical. If you look at their descriptions they list one or the other but I think there's extra Fire/Ice damage that factors differently. So like if someone is Energy resistant do they still get hurt by Fire Damage? Is that why Jean can kill Proxima? Does that mean Luna should be able to kill Dwarf?

I just stumbled on a 5* obelisk with 35% lighting, 25% critical, and 160% damage proc so I threw that on Thor to replace the 20% critical obelisk he had and I'll see if it helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm debating on whether to get a Emma box, but I'm sorta hesitant as we'll probably get some new content soonish so I want to have crystals to buy new costumes.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've nearly got enough crystals for Adam Warlock but I don't know if I should bother... since I'm also debating getting RagnaHulk and Infinty Spider and such.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Adam Warlock is good but not like a must buy or anything. He’s probably about the 10th best character I have or so

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who to use the t2 ticket I got from the event shop?

My options are America, Hulkbuster, Lizard, Titania, Crystal, Quake, Kaecilius, Moon Girl, Nico, Songbird, Wiccan, Ant-Man, Karnak, Mordo, Ms Marvel, Yondu, Hellstorm, and Singularity.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

twistedmentat posted:

Who to use the t2 ticket I got from the event shop?

My options are America, Hulkbuster, Lizard, Titania, Crystal, Quake, Kaecilius, Moon Girl, Nico, Songbird, Wiccan, Ant-Man, Karnak, Mordo, Ms Marvel, Yondu, Hellstorm, and Singularity.

I don't have any of those at T2 yet so grain of salt and all that but probably Ant-Man since he can hit 70. Crystal is the best of the bunch in shadowlands at T1 but she doesn't need T2 to be good in a blast rumble. Someone mentioned Kaecilius is a rare physical blast, he and mordo are both decent in early villain shadowlands. Finally I guess Hellstorm and Singularity are both universal and doesn't having those at T2 boost your valor for ultimate world boss? So those are your best bet if you are already doing well in SL.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
It's cool that I bought Bucky's uniform 2 days ago and now it's 40% off

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Never ever ever buy uniforms not on sale, they go on sale all the time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's like the first rule you learn in this game by screwing up.

I was debating Infinity War Iron Man or Thor as I've been debating which of them to T3 this week but then I just went and bought Ant Man. Why not? 6 days and I have the stark stash so maybe I'll have enough to buy another by the end of the sale.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Fried Sushi posted:

Never ever ever buy uniforms not on sale, they go on sale all the time.

Like all good mistakes I made it while drunk vOv

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Like all good mistakes I made it while drunk vOv

This is how I lose every one of my D3 Hardcore characters

Once I died just powerleveling some guy, fuckin sad

BBPattyMeltz
Apr 12, 2018
Hi,

I just applied to the Doctor Goons guild under my forum name:

BBPattyMeltz

drat do I love me some Marvel and since no more Marvel Heroes (RIP!) this seems like a decent substitute since no other ARPG style games out there do Marvel well. Though it seems like I got a ton to catch up on and missed most of the anniversary login campaign heh...

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

If it makes you feel better, that's at least one of the best costumes. You could have done worse and bought an elektra costume or something off sale.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm going to use my T2 ticket to upgrade Scott, then I bought the movie Ghost costume too. Once i get 50 more crystals I'll grab the US Avengers Red Hulk.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Does anyone have T3 THOR yet? I have him at 425 and only need 3 more books and he's ready to go.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Not yet. I just got enough to T3 Iron Man but I'm 5 books shy for Thor and waiting and leaning towards using them on him. He feels right on the cusp of great things for me.

Of course I'm also at 4/23 for Spidey so I'll probably have him as an option soon too. Choices, choices.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

God drat Cable 5* needs a lot of bios to level and I'm sure 5->6 is an astronomical amount of gold. Any tips on getting them beyond blowing my energy on 10-x levels is appreciated.

Am I wasting my time when I have Switch with costume waiting to be leveled? Both rank high on the Holy Ranking List.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

SWitch costs a lot more than Cable, if I remember right he uses x-mats and has the lower costs like the black order whereas she uses BAM and chaos norns and is expensive like Thanos, Jean and Dormammu. She's a better generalist (able to take out most low level ultimate world bosses and any eligible SL levels) but he's quicker at what he does (blast male XAB, SL30, energy/blast weak bosses) especially if you can throw an energy ctp on him.

For bios:
Shadowlands levels 5, 10 and 15 weekly
World Boss Invasion coop. This never works for me but apparently filling up on chests is the best bios for energy ratio
If you have it, 210 alliance mementos for the bigger purchased bio package in the alliance store. Thats donating like 2 million gold + though every other day. It was great last week when there was double credit for donating.
Check the SHIELD Lab including your free daily refresh, you can get chunks of 10-40 bios for a couple hundred thousand gold a few times daily. Luck dependent.

After that I run the x-men missions for bios since they guarantee bios and aren't terribly expensive, and I have the x-men at T2. Not bothering leveling up their costumes.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

God drat Cable 5* needs a lot of bios to level and I'm sure 5->6 is an astronomical amount of gold. Any tips on getting them beyond blowing my energy on 10-x levels is appreciated.

Am I wasting my time when I have Switch with costume waiting to be leveled? Both rank high on the Holy Ranking List.

wbi

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ive never ever been short of bios since wbi started, with native t2s i was always gold capped

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

punchymcpunch posted:

ive never ever been short of bios since wbi started, with native t2s i was always gold capped

Every time I run WBI I get like 5 bios. Granted I run it infrequently so don't get green or blue or better chests very often but I've never gotten a lot of bios out of it. How does it work?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't always do WBIs because I have a hard time connecting sometime but when I do I basically go like this.

Do 3 WBIs.
Go do something else like Alliance Battle or Villain Siege.
Come back and open whatever 15 minute boxes and do new ones.
Go do something else like Shadowland or WBU.
Come back and open whatever 15 minute boxes or 30 minute from the first go.

I just do that until I finish other things to do, get bored, or have 3 Blue or better boxes. If you run off a dozen or so you'll probably finish up with a bunch of the good boxes. And then you'll get some good supplies from it the next day or whenever and some little ones that add up from all the smaller boxes you did to get there.

The only real problem is when the server acts up and I keep getting disconnected.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MonkeyBot posted:

Every time I run WBI I get like 5 bios. Granted I run it infrequently so don't get green or blue or better chests very often but I've never gotten a lot of bios out of it. How does it work?

you need to run it a lot. someone mathed it out and either white or green boxes are the same efficiency as runinng story, so its the blues and purples that put you ahead

ive got around 10k spare bios

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i run it while im watching tv tho cos its pretty boring to do

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

you need to run it a lot. someone mathed it out and either white or green boxes are the same efficiency as runinng story, so its the blues and purples that put you ahead

ive got around 10k spare bios

Whites are the same as running story iirc. Overall it's slightly better bio returns per energy than running the xmen tracking missions but with a greater chance to land 300 modok bios

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Soooo, now that I finally T3'd Cap today (I only do WB maybe once every 2-3 days lol) who is the SECOND best T3??

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assume very few people actually have 2 since it takes so long to collect the fragments. I have enough to T3 Iron Man right now but I'm collecting books for Thor and gearing up Spider-Man just to debate my options.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'm leveling Spider-Man for my next T3 since I use him the most of the bunch but its going to take me so long to get the cosmic cube fragments I'm sure there will be more by then.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm actually a little worried about my next T3 and making the wrong decision. Hearing Thor is pretty strong. Wish they would just have the CCF requirements.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Got 5 Universal books in 4 WBR plays today so pulled the trigger and T3ed Thor.

First impressions? I took him for a run with my last WBR play and he took down Ebony 17. That's after he failed to come close with Ebony 10 earlier so huge upgrade. It took two tries and he was on the ropes so I might have to work on his defense, HP, or recovery rate. His 6 skill isn't as powerful as Cap's but it charges up very quickly and you don't need to do that crouched charge. So I can basically go 5-3-4-5-3-4-6 really quickly. And it still takes down a bar+ of the boss so its still plenty powerful. I might actually prefer it and it seems like it has more value with multiple targets.

My personal Thor needs some work. He has Overdrive but not all 6*s and no awakened so I might reroll that for Power of Angry Hulk and plug some awakened isos or awaken the ones I have. The Urus also need tweaking. I just threw a 5* obelisk on him that has high lighting, critical damage, and damage proc so I'm probably leaving that.

All in all I'm happy with my decision. I think he's the Universal T1 that I've been looking for even if he might not be quite T1 overall. I'll have to play with him in ABX, Timeline, and Shadowland to really tell. And see if he can put a dent in Black Dwarf.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Finally maxed out Jean's urus (Urus are the shittiest system in history). Uniform and/or level 70 when Netmarble??

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got 5 out of 5 Uru amplifications earlier in the week and I nearly jumped up and danced.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Enhance failed! :thumbsup:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

STAC Goat posted:

First impressions? I took him for a run with my last WBR play and he took down Ebony 17. That's after he failed to come close with Ebony 10 earlier so huge upgrade. It took two tries and he was on the ropes so I might have to work on his defense, HP, or recovery rate. His 6 skill isn't as powerful as Cap's but it charges up very quickly and you don't need to do that crouched charge. So I can basically go 5-3-4-5-3-4-6 really quickly. And it still takes down a bar+ of the boss so its still plenty powerful. I might actually prefer it and it seems like it has more value with multiple targets.

My personal Thor needs some work. He has Overdrive but not all 6*s and no awakened so I might reroll that for Power of Angry Hulk and plug some awakened isos or awaken the ones I have. The Urus also need tweaking. I just threw a 5* obelisk on him that has high lighting, critical damage, and damage proc so I'm probably leaving that.

All in all I'm happy with my decision. I think he's the Universal T1 that I've been looking for even if he might not be quite T1 overall. I'll have to play with him in ABX, Timeline, and Shadowland to really tell. And see if he can put a dent in Black Dwarf.

Same I just t3ed him today too, and I already have cap at t3. He seems a lot stronger but it’s hard to give any more details because I only used him on Ebony Maw so far, and he cleared stage 19 easily. I used his T3 skill twice, but once it missed because Ebony iframed and the second time he only had 1 bar of health and it just killed him so who knows

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Applied to Waifu Squad, username triplexpac

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Netmarblu, please let me T3 Proxima. She is the best.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i have enough fragments but im gonna wait a couple weeks and see if they announce t3 magneto or something for the next patch

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
gonna own when mutants require their own mats to t3

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Finally a use for Phoenix Feathers again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

loving random factor absolutely hates the idea of me getting universal books. I have ONE book and I have ran Maw at least twice a day since he became available. Ran him fives times today and nothing. For reference: Used 10 speed books to T3 my boy Peter Parkour and am already at max 10 speed books while that ONE universal book sits there mocking me.

Bullshit.