Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lol

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Works for vampires.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I don't see the problem. There are bushes around that gate, you can't get around it.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

wesleywillis posted:

I don't see the problem. There are bushes around that gate, you can't get around it.

Someday, which I guess is the idea?

In the meantime if they throw a 'Stay off grass' sign then you are turbo hosed.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

When your winRar trial expires.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
It's like they installed that gate specifically to inconvenience wheelchair users. Literally anyone else could just walk around it.

immoral_ posted:

When your winRar trial expires.

You joke, but I know someone who has actually paid for WinRar. Dude had some strange ideas of how to celebrate turning 30.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Bees on Wheat posted:

It's like they installed that gate specifically to inconvenience wheelchair users. Literally anyone else could just walk around it.

It looks inconveniently narrow for a wheelchair even when open

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm the spikes deterring people from climbing over.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Abstract art may be getting too abstract.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

nah, it's becoming more concrete

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Bees on Wheat posted:

You joke, but I know someone who has actually paid for WinRar. Dude had some strange ideas of how to celebrate turning 30.

thanks for the saddest sentence I've ever read in my whole life

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sociopastry posted:

For sale, Winrar license, never used.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Bees on Wheat posted:

Part of my 'what to do if I win the lottery' list includes my paying the registration fee for all the good software I have ever used for free. All those little app developers will get a couple of hundred bucks each.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Sociopastry posted:

No problemo :)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

spog posted:

Part of my 'what to do if I win the lottery' list includes my paying the registration fee for all the good software I have ever used for free. All those little app developers will get a couple of hundred bucks each.

the absolute madman

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

spog posted:

Throw them a kegger instead.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Zil posted:

Where will you be when the acid kicks in?

Directly over the center of the Earth.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Haifisch posted:

And then, after they get back out of the house...

Loving the sloth creature in the upper right doing his best cloud-mufasa impression.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!

Haifisch posted:

Abstract art may be getting too abstract.

Was it not in this thread that Thomassons already came up? Because that's a pure gate.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

mllaneza posted:

Directly over the center of the Earth.

And since the universe began as a singularity with all matter expanding away in every direction, he'll be directly in the center of the observed universe as well.

Savington
Apr 9, 2007
I'm not Stinkmeister, this title is here so waar can tell the difference between Stinkmeister and myself in mafia games.

In case you were wondering:

-Yes, that's my wall
-No, that's not my panel
-Yes, those leads are all hot
-Yes, that's an extension cord
-Yes, that extension cord was mudded into a crevice in the drywall

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

... Somebody else snuck a panel into your wall??? :psyduck:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Nah he was unknowingly stealing power from his neighbor, in an apartment or condo.

Savington
Apr 9, 2007
I'm not Stinkmeister, this title is here so waar can tell the difference between Stinkmeister and myself in mafia games.
Commercial building. Before I moved in, the front three units were occupied by the same tenant, and they clearly just wired from whichever panel was most convenient. I now have two of the units, and thankfully I'm on good terms with my neighbor in the third, since there will be an electrician climbing all over his desk next week to remove 2-3 of his breakers :v:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

And yet I guaran-loving-tee you at some point UPS has left a note saying,
"We couldn't deliver your package because of a locked gate."

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

This looks like a gently caress you skateboarders gate... except no one would skate on that surface.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
My neighbour has a setup just like that. His old hedge got some kind of virus or parasite and had to be culled, and the new hedge is basically growing up from the roots.

Couple years from now, it'll look great.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It looks sturdy enough to chain a small motorbike to, maybe that's what it's for

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
/r/DIY strikes again with a bathroom remodel!

I like the exposed copper that will look like poo poo in a few years. The downspout out the window is nice too. Somehow I bet that isn't a wet rated ceiling can either. Then the floor framing...

I thought you got retarded after lead paint exposure.

kid sinister fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 19, 2018

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I like the tile job. Satisfies my rational and logical biological urges to have rocks near where I piss and bathe.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I like that look but omg what's the plan for a shower curtain, that high showerhead is going to make a mess.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation

Oh no filthy water all over my tiles!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

kid sinister posted:

/r/DIY strikes again with a bathroom remodel!

I like the exposed copper that will look like poo poo in a few years. The downspout out the window is nice too. Somehow I bet that isn't a wet rated ceiling can either. Then the floor framing...

I thought you got retarded after lead paint exposure.
Is it the roof or the floor that's slanty? If the former, what does upstairs look like?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh no filthy water all over my tiles!
Rot and black mould from standing water is generally considered a mess yes, unless he's planning on following up every shower with a thorough mopping.

Also his grout will get all gunky.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation

Splicer posted:

Rot and black mould from standing water is generally considered a mess yes, unless he's planning on following up every shower with a thorough mopping.

Also his grout will get all gunky.

"Thorough mopping" as in squeegee most of the water into the floor drain in ten seconds and never see mold in your life. Unless your bathroom is unheated of course but I think that only happens in the UK?

If you don't have a floor drain then get hosed :shrug:

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Splicer posted:

Is it the roof or the floor that's slanty? If the former, what does upstairs look like?
This is what I noticed first. That’s a good few inches off. Normally some clever trim work hides minor changes in height but that is almost nauseating to look at.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

He does mention it's built on top of a porch...

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

"Thorough mopping" as in squeegee most of the water into the floor drain in ten seconds and never see mold in your life. Unless your bathroom is unheated of course but I think that only happens in the UK?

If you don't have a floor drain then get hosed :shrug:

Lol neither of these happen in the average American household.

We have a wet room style bath and shower :iia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation

peanut posted:

Lol neither of these happen in the average American household.

Well the founding fathers didn't have proper bathrooms so I guess that is to be expected.