Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

This guy is wrong sometimes but lol if the Joker's Mom thing is true

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/1017926626649124865

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope it's Martha.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Can't wait for the latest round of "The Joker shouldn't have an origin!"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
If his origin included mom frances mcdormand i wouldve been in

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

lmao WB doubling down on Joker’s edgelord image by exploring his tumultuous relationship with his mother.

Next up: casting his secret crush who works at Hot Topic

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Make his mom ~ Swinton and make the movie We Need to Talk About Kevin except Kevin is The Joker

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ALFbrot posted:

This turned out to just be a fan film, btw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CZQpqF_74

...oh.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

My wife got crazy into one of these when she was channel surfing last year: Snowmance. She missed the beginning and was convinced the hunky, sweet new guy in town was the lovelorn lady's snowman come to life it was.

I love that Hallmark churns out so many Christmas movies every year because amongst the pile of samey schmaltz there’s statistically always at least one “What the gently caress?” movie thrown in for good measure.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

dirksteadfast posted:

I love that Hallmark churns out so many Christmas movies every year because amongst the pile of samey schmaltz there’s statistically always at least one “What the gently caress?” movie thrown in for good measure.

Did hallmark produce the furry christmas movie last year with hellboy?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Tbh a stupid silly character among stupid silly comic book characters like the Joker doesn't deserve quality actors like Frances or Joaquin involved so whatever gets churned out is already above board and too good for any source material

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

got any sevens posted:

Did hallmark produce the furry christmas movie last year with hellboy?

Al Swearagen and Officer Dangle are also in that movie. I think it might still be on Netflix.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Tbh a stupid silly character among stupid silly comic book characters like the Joker doesn't deserve quality actors like Frances or Joaquin involved so whatever gets churned out is already above board and too good for any source material

You could say the same thing about Nicholson and Hackman

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Young Freud posted:

Al Swearagen and Officer Dangle are also in that movie. I think it might still be on Netflix.

If I remember correctly, it was also somewhat of a Michael Shannon passion project, with him serving as exec producer.

So, like

Just try to loving box that guy in.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Fart City posted:

If I remember correctly, it was also somewhat of a Michael Shannon passion project, with him serving as exec producer.

So, like

Are you telling me there's a Hallmark-produced christmas cartoon that has Mike Shannon, Ian McShane and Ron Perlman?

That would be like Pacino and DeNiro reuniting for Dirty Grandpa 2: It all Dependz or something

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
To go back a bit: zombies can beat US Marines for the same reason ISIS is an existential threat to the West and the Israelis have to shoot Palestinians.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Fart City posted:

So, like

Per IMDB Ron Perlman is listed as a producer on Pottersville, but not Shannon.

The Executive Producers are Daniel Meyer, Christian Chadd Taylor, Byron Wetzel, and...Patty Hearst. So there's still some weirdness involved.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Harime Nui posted:

Are you telling me there's a Hallmark-produced christmas cartoon that has Mike Shannon, Ian McShane and Ron Perlman?

That would be like Pacino and DeNiro reuniting for Dirty Grandpa 2: It all Dependz or something

Yup. And it’s about Shannon dressing up as Bigfoot.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3672120/?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_9

JethroMcB posted:

The Executive Producers are Daniel Meyer, Christian Chadd Taylor, Byron Wetzel, and...Patty Hearst. So there's still some weirdness involved.

... that’s incredible.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

I choose to believe that Perlman realized he'd stumbled onto something truly bizarre and decided to ride it until the wheels came off.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fart City posted:

Yup. And it’s about Shannon dressing up as Bigfoot.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3672120/?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_9

Specifically, he’s mistaken for Bigfoot after going on a confused drunken bender because his wife was secretly a furry. He accidentally kicks off a Bigfoot hunting craze.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Casimir Radon posted:

I choose to believe that Perlman realized he'd stumbled onto something truly bizarre and decided to ride it until the wheels came off.

Perlman has never been shy about being willing to do just about anything for three hots and a cot.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

porfiria posted:

To go back a bit: zombies can beat US Marines for the same reason ISIS is an existential threat to the West and the Israelis have to shoot Palestinians.

I mean, zombies are actually meant to be a post-9/11 muslim terrorist metaphor

or was that :thejoke:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Make the Joker origin movie an anthology and get loving weird with it. Like get JJ Abrams to do the first short to reel people in then WHAM David Lynch operating on maximum Inland Empire.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The Joker movie will be about a failed comedian who finds satisfaction entertaining children, but everything goes wrong when he accidentally guides them into an abandoned chemical plant.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Joker movie will be a romcom that has nothing to do with comic books.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I mean, zombies are actually meant to be a post-9/11 muslim terrorist metaphor

or was that :thejoke:

Yeah!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
The Joker movie will be 85 minutes of Mark Hamill sitting against a brick wall telling anecdotes. ".....and I thought, 'well, there's no way with Tim Curry in the mix they'll cast me, but what the hell,' so I showed up......"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/Keanuital/status/1018479802108530690

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Keanu is riding a horse. Why is Keanu riding a horse?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If you were Keanu, wouldn't you?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

No word of a true lie, I like horse chases in movies.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

Keanu is riding a horse. Why is Keanu riding a horse?

Why...isn't...he riding a horse?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The Joker movie will be about a failed comedian who finds satisfaction entertaining children, but everything goes wrong when he accidentally guides them into an abandoned chemical plant.

So, "The Killing Joke"?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Since it’s a John Wick movie, I fully expect that horse to perform Krav Maga at some point.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Caption says "full speed" but don't horses go faster than that?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Davros1 posted:

I mean, you can't look too closely at anything involving any type of supernatural being, or it falls apart. Ghostbusters, for example. None of that stuff holds up to any deep scrutiny.

The only reason to read World War Z is that it's, at least theoretically, more tactically realistic or better thought out than the average zombie thing. It isn't, though.

Zombies in general, as a threat, don't hold up to scrutiny at all. The thing humans are crazy good at is killing other humans, and those are humans who can think, run, use tactics and weapons, and we've still spent millenia successfully slaughtering each other. It's why all the good zombie movies are either set at the beginning of the outbreak, before resistance is organised, or just skips over how they wiped out humanity.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fart City posted:

Since it’s a John Wick movie, I fully expect that horse to perform Krav Maga at some point.

The horse breaks its leg and john goes to double tap it and the horse pulls out its own gun

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Snowman_McK posted:

The only reason to read World War Z is that it's, at least theoretically, more tactically realistic or better thought out than the average zombie thing. It isn't, though.

Zombies in general, as a threat, don't hold up to scrutiny at all. The thing humans are crazy good at is killing other humans, and those are humans who can think, run, use tactics and weapons, and we've still spent millenia successfully slaughtering each other. It's why all the good zombie movies are either set at the beginning of the outbreak, before resistance is organised, or just skips over how they wiped out humanity.

And zombies are required to approach their deadliest enemy for sustenance.

Also, most real-world militaries have in fact thought about how to fight a zombie outbreak. Even if just as a theoretical exercise, like against a possible bioweapon with effects like that, taxpayers the world over do pay for people to think about absurd hypothetical scenarios just in case they actually happen so the military has an idea of what to do.

It caused a bit of a diplomatic incident back in the 90s when the Pentagon declassified a lot of its old files and Canada discovered that the US military keeps on file an extensive list of plans for invading Canada should it ever be necessary, and has done so since the 1800s.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Cythereal posted:

Also, most real-world militaries have in fact thought about how to fight a zombie outbreak. Even if just as a theoretical exercise, like against a possible bioweapon with effects like that, taxpayers the world over do pay for people to think about absurd hypothetical scenarios just in case they actually happen so the military has an idea of what to do.

It's 99.99% riot training to protect elites from scenarios like climate refugees, with a "fun" veneer.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's 99.99% riot training to protect elites from scenarios like climate refugees, with a "fun" veneer.

No, that's a different set of plans. Climate refugees would involve completely different population movements and individual behavior, to name the most obvious things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Cythereal posted:

And zombies are required to approach their deadliest enemy for sustenance.

It caused a bit of a diplomatic incident back in the 90s when the Pentagon declassified a lot of its old files and Canada discovered that the US military keeps on file an extensive list of plans for invading Canada should it ever be necessary, and has done so since the 1800s.

I mean, it doesn't stop zombie movies and games from being a lot of fun, but it is funny that someone thought that really thinking about the idea was a good thing to do