Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Gamergate types do hate Walking Simulators, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the gently caress is gamergate

edit: just read up on it a bit. lol so basically a guy #metoo'd his abusive ex and started a giant slapfight between idiots. brilliant, what's that got to do with my critique

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Jul 16, 2018

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The modern iterations of that type of game are pretty lame and lazy, but I think the Myst series did a good job with the concept of putting you into a world with very little knowledge of who you are or why you're there and figuring out along the way what is going on. The puzzles are definitely not that easy, at least.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let me explain. You see, very few men look good bald. Unless you're literally an action movie star, being bald isn't going to be great. And even then, Bruce Willis looked better with hair.

So bald is definitely going to be a step down. Combovers are pathetic, shaving your head makes you look like a cancer patient or a skin head, there's no good options. Any hair choice for a bald man is just trying to make the best of a bad situation. They're just trying to look as good as they can with their dwindling options.

Except for the skullet. The skullet is a clear declaration to the world that you aren't trying to look good for other people. A man with a skullet does not care what you think of his hair. It is devoid of pretension or artifice. Do you like Jesse Ventura? What do you think of Bill Bailey? Your answer to those questions will be determined entirely by their work, by what you think of them as artists and people. Because they have skullets, you can see the real them for who they are.

That is why the skullet is by far the best fashion option for bald men.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What about wearing a baseball cap at all times including indoors

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

What about wearing a baseball cap at all times including indoors

monsters

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Aramek posted:

Gamergate types do hate Walking Simulators, yes.

I think people are allowed to like or dislike that game without being a soldier in the Gamergate Wars.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Spoken like a true gamergater

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Phoneshop" is an underrated TV comedy

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
While Elon Musk is absolutely wrong for calling that diver a pedo and should have everything taken from him, being a middle aged British guy in Thailand is probable cause.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MizPiz posted:

should have everything taken from him

why should this south african man have everything taken from him

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

spit on my clit posted:

why should this south african man have everything taken from him

Well for one, he's the product of the South African apartheid state

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MizPiz posted:

While Elon Musk is absolutely wrong for calling that diver a pedo and should have everything taken from him, being a middle aged British guy in Thailand is probable cause.

The guy is a professional diver and Thailand has some of the best diving in the world

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MizPiz posted:

Well for one, he's the product of the South African apartheid state

so why should he have it all taken from him

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

Because when your net worth hits 999,999,999 it's supposed to cycle back around to 0. I'M CORRECTING GOD'S MISTAKES.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Guy Goodbody posted:

The guy is a professional diver and Thailand has some of the best diving in the world

I'm well aware of that, but we are talking about a guy who comes from a culture that has effectively made pedophilia a state institution.

spit on my clit posted:

Because it was never his to begin with, and anything you could argue he "earned" at least is built on what his parents looted.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MizPiz posted:

Because it was never his to begin with, and anything you could argue he "earned" at least is built on what his parents looted.

isn't this the rhetoric that the neo nazis use, wrt jews?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mizpiz has gotta be like 17 years old, max

disregard

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

spit on my clit posted:

isn't this the rhetoric that the neo nazis use, wrt jews?

no

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Traveling sucks. It's like concerts, less convenient than free time around where you live, more expensive and mostly just an excuse to hang around with friends and to look like a more interesting person on social media.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Concerts shouldn't automatically default to "will literally cause hearing damage" levels of volume. If my ears just kind of shut off because you've overwhelmed them it's too damned loud. There's also a certain point where the sound quality goes to absolute rear end on top of that.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't know if this counts as an opinion or not, but I cannot understand the use of things like Pandora or Spotify.

If I want to listen to music, I'm never interested in random or streamed songs. I want my own curated list (aka my music collection) that I've put on every device I'd eventually see a need to listen to music from.

(this brought to you, somewhat, from trying Spotify premium thanks to a steep discount, and getting annoyed at it putting songs I don't want in my playlist)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i've found a decent amount of new music i enjoy thru Spotify, but sometimes the autogen playlists put in some wonky poo poo, yeah.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MisterBibs posted:

I don't know if this counts as an opinion or not, but I cannot understand the use of things like Pandora or Spotify.

If I want to listen to music, I'm never interested in random or streamed songs. I want my own curated list (aka my music collection) that I've put on every device I'd eventually see a need to listen to music from.

(this brought to you, somewhat, from trying Spotify premium thanks to a steep discount, and getting annoyed at it putting songs I don't want in my playlist)

Who has a music collection any more?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

Uh, I don't know what you did wrong but Spotify premium and other similar services don't do that unless you want them to. I have Google play (but I've used many) and it's basically just like fake owning 99% of the albums ever and it owns.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

Uh, I don't know what you did wrong but Spotify premium and other similar services don't do that unless you want them to. I have Google play (but I've used many) and it's basically just like fake owning 99% of the albums ever and it owns.

I'm vaguely unfamiliar with the service, so this is certainly possible, but the amount I have to manually tell the thing to not play things based on my "poo poo I haven't pulled down on my own" playlist instead of the songs I simply haven't pulled down myself and added to my Music Folder is... taxing. I don't want to hear the other songs on the album, I just want the one I defined as acceptable to play.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 02:47 on Jul 17, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just look up albums you want to listen to and add them to your library and it'll just be like an itunes collection. Ot make playlists out of songs you want to hear. I've never had any of those services play a random song unless I go to a station that'll play similar artists which is something you should have to do intentionally.

Alternately maybe you think you are subbed to premium and you aren't

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
yeah, you're using it wrong if it's playing random songs

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

MizPiz posted:

I'm well aware of that, but we are talking about a guy who comes from a culture that has effectively made pedophilia a state institution.

Hollywood?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

fruit on the bottom posted:

I think people are allowed to like or dislike that game without being a soldier in the Gamergate Wars.
Yeah, those complaints are entirely valid. Gone Home isn't a good game. Adventure games just always get rated way higher than they deserve because fans of the genre are so used to mediocrity and taking whatever scraps they can get their hands on.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

hawowanlawow posted:

mizpiz has gotta be like 17 years old, max

disregard

Only mentally and emotionally

Also yes

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ketchup is really good. When i have french fries, I like to drench them in ketchup. My idea of a good meal is a big plate of french fries, completely drenched in ketchup, and then sprinkled with salt so that you can see the individual salt grains in the ketchup. Then I can eat it with a fork. Yes, a fork. Just stab a mass of salty ketchup-covered french fries and just eat them.

I also like the put ketchup on macaroni and cheese, also with salt.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Blue Star posted:

Ketchup is really good. When i have french fries, I like to drench them in ketchup. My idea of a good meal is a big plate of french fries, completely drenched in ketchup, and then sprinkled with salt so that you can see the individual salt grains in the ketchup. Then I can eat it with a fork. Yes, a fork. Just stab a mass of salty ketchup-covered french fries and just eat them.

I also like the put ketchup on macaroni and cheese, also with salt.

Everyone knows the correct way to eat fries with ketchup isn't to drench them and get them all soggy, it's to put it in a cup and then throw the cup in the drat trash and just put salt on them.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
What about vinegar? Or gravy?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

burial posted:

What about vinegar? Or gravy?

I've never actually tried vinegar on fries but I love salt and vinegar chips so i'd probably like it. I'm not about to start carrying around some vinegar though even if i liked it a lot more.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I've never actually tried vinegar on fries but I love salt and vinegar chips so i'd probably like it. I'm not about to start carrying around some vinegar though even if i liked it a lot more.

I respect that, but you owe it to yourself to try it at least once! You’ll be changing your username to “yeah i eat fries with vinegar” before you know it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

burial posted:

I respect that, but you owe it to yourself to try it at least once! You’ll be changing your username to “yeah i eat fries with vinegar” before you know it.

Now i'm wondering if adding some vinegar in to the rear end eating would enhance the experience or not.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Now i'm wondering if adding some vinegar in to the rear end eating would enhance the experience or not.

There is literally only one way to find out.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

burial posted:

What about vinegar?
Lemon juice is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

it sure might "enhance" it for the rear end owner