Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh no, Dabi's here. We were wrong this entire time. Endeavor is Sasuke!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Yesterday at 5pm, I reread No. 57 of the manga, the issue where the characters discuss the aftermath of the fight with Stain.

Yesterday at 9pm, I was at the emergency room, getting stitches in my left thumb after accidentally cutting myself preparing dinner. I may need surgery in order to reattach a nerve and regain feeling.

In other words, the curse of the Handcrusher is real!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

nrook posted:

Yesterday at 5pm, I reread No. 57 of the manga, the issue where the characters discuss the aftermath of the fight with Stain.

Yesterday at 9pm, I was at the emergency room, getting stitches in my left thumb after accidentally cutting myself preparing dinner. I may need surgery in order to reattach a nerve and regain feeling.

In other words, the curse of the Handcrusher is real!

poo poo, that really sucks. My brother cut his pinky the same way about a year ago, the surgeries didn't go well and he ended up having it removed, I hope things go better for your thumb!

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

My left thumb is also hosed but not enough for surgery. :tinfoil:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well, we're getting a tease for Season 4 at the very least. Overhaul has a track in the OST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMRsxiiCw08

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fabricated posted:

Well, we're getting a tease for Season 4 at the very least. Overhaul has a track in the OST.

That does make sense as Overhaul does show up at the end of season 3 assuming that the finale is the Deku vs. Bakugo fight and reconciliation.

Edit: Considering what he is trying to achieve and what he represents his OST is great.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 17, 2018

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lol holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1019018974556803072

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I can't remember timing, does us getting a peek of Overhaul mean we're likely to get a peek of Mirio as well?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Oh hey, for once Liefeld's hatred of drawing eyes comes in handy.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Viridiant posted:

I can't remember timing, does us getting a peek of Overhaul mean we're likely to get a peek of Mirio as well?
Mirio has a song in the OST too looks like.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Viridiant posted:

Mirio comes after the Bakugo and Deku fight so my gut feeling is that we will just miss him.

Edit: Just saw the Mirio OST so it looks like I am wrong.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 17, 2018

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the season ending on the introduction of the Big Three would make for a whole year of speculation on the anime end so that would be fun

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

I'd be happy to find out that Horikoshi is excited to meet Liefeld. That'd be... really great. I remember when Corey Lewis fanned out on Liefeld awhile ago. He thought it was a joke on him at first.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Fabricated posted:

Mirio has a song in the OST too looks like.

Sweeet. I'm realizing that Mirio is one of my favorite characters, I'm really hyped to see him in the anime.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Jim Lee got in on the fun too if you all didn't see already:

https://twitter.com/JimLee/status/1018571849968463872

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Viridiant posted:

Sweeet. I'm realizing that Mirio is one of my favorite characters, I'm really hyped to see him in the anime.

He is a great character and more importantly has the best answer for why a hero should wear a cape.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hunt11 posted:

That does make sense as Overhaul does show up at the end of season 3 assuming that the finale is the Deku vs. Bakugo fight and reconciliation.

Edit: Considering what he is trying to achieve and what he represents his OST is great.

Yeah Traditional Japaneses with some modern overtones represents his Yakuza group really well.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 17, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Carlosologist posted:

the season ending on the introduction of the Big Three would make for a whole year of speculation on the anime end so that would be fun

Yeah, I'm pretty confident at this point that the ending shot of season 3 will be the shot of the Big 3 walking into class.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLi_nFFqb0k

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 17, 2018

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I'm getting too excited for the next season. I'm wondering if they'll manage to title successive episodes as "Mirio Togata"", "Mirio Togata!!", and "Lemillion" without padding things out, since that was one of my favorite little things from the Overhaul Arc.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

It would be interesting to see Liefeld draw Stain, since he's based on Liefeld-style 90s antiheroes.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

All Might is kinda like you created an Alan Moore deconstruction character but made him a nice and sincere guy.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Silver2195 posted:

It would be interesting to see Liefeld draw Stain, since he's based on Liefeld-style 90s antiheroes.

Stain is far more of a Todd McFarlane creature than he is a Liefeld one.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Stain is far more of a Todd McFarlane creature than he is a Liefeld one.

Yeah, not nearly enough pouches.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Everyone needs more pouches, zippers and belts to hold the pouches
Surprise, it was a stealth prequel to Final Fantasy all along!

https://twitter.com/seijyun09/status/1019138401432293377

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Holy gently caress this track is loving amazing

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Show us the feet Rob!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm just glad rob's weird eyes work perfectly for all might

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Thinking back on it, I think my favorite moment so far has been Deku meeting Sir Nighteye. The whole “takes having a sense of humor gravely seriously” with such a Straight Man demeanor is just so good. I’m gonna miss that dude.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
The best part was him intentionally missing with his stamp.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Revelry in the not-so-dark.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Carlosologist in the anime thread posted:

man, if you think about it a lot of the 1-A Quirks are going to be really good by the time they become pros. and if they have kids the possible combinations could be too much to handle for a child

dude they're gonna get to the quirk singularity stuff eventually, come on

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Huh? I didn’t even outright say anything, it fit with what the discussion was but I can see how you could interpret that as a spoiler though

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

chiasaur11 posted:

Revelry in the shade.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

boredsatellite posted:

Holy gently caress this track is loving amazing
It's Japanese Trap basically, it rules.

Mirio's is loving glitch-hop. Also appropriate.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I don't think I've posted in this thread yet! (edit: I did but it was over a year ago and not a serious post!)

I really like MHA so far. I've read bits and pieces of the manga, so I already know the outline and major story beats so far. I've been watching the English dub of the anime on Toonami because I've been too lazy to catch up on the anime. (I'm so happy it's following a season format and getting a lot of love and care, unlike One Piece...)

I'm about to go back and read the entire series from the beginning, and follow along with the thread. Knowing what I already know, it should be fun to read through all the speculation and reactions.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I forget, did Bakugo actually settle on a name? Or did they just drop it when he just kept coming up with different ranks of royal murder?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Flytrap posted:

I forget, did Bakugo actually settle on a name? Or did they just drop it when he just kept coming up with different ranks of royal murder?

I think in some extra stuff it was confirmed to be lord explosion or something.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Revelry in the park.

(Saw it on Reddit, I'm not that clever.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kild posted:

I think in some extra stuff it was confirmed to be lord explosion or something.
Link? Can't find anything, and now I'm digging through wikias, which is always a good idea.