Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
*the forehead finger meme*

there's a lot of good seinen, that you might like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's really good, and completed! I'd like more because it was good and I liked the characters, but it ends on a good point so I'm not going to complain.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I really enjoyed it, the opponents were a little over the top for me but all the girls and women in the club are extremely good. I think if it had gone on for too long the silliness of the actual matchups probably would have been too jarring for me so I'm kinda glad it wrapped up before that point.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

it's hard to explain how great these pages are for me. Like.... I wish this was the mainstream.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cephas posted:

it's hard to explain how great these pages are for me. Like.... I wish this was the mainstream.

Just reminds me of how we'll never get any more Teppu. :smith:

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Practicing holds on your blanket is like the most precious thing in the world to me.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Sorry if this starts a huge derail but if anyone’s got any women sports manga recommendations please post em tia. It’s too early for a Teppu reread.

e: no fanservice bs, please and thank you

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 14, 2018

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

chihayafuru

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It isn't exclusively women's sports but All-Rounder Meguru has some fighting ladies and they are very good

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Asahinagu.

rvm
May 6, 2013

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Sorry if this starts a huge derail but if anyone’s got any women sports manga recommendations please post em tia. It’s too early for a Teppu reread.

Asahinagu, while technically seinen, reads like a grittier josei. The downside is that it's kind of by the numbers and moves at a snail's pace.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Kami-sama no ekohiiki updated, and somehow managed to get more gayer.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
This reminded me that Tie Breaker will never be finished.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Waci posted:

Kami-sama no ekohiiki updated, and somehow managed to get more gayer.

It's really good.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://mangadex.org/manga/28659/itou-kun-wa-koi-wo-shiranai

I like this shoujo.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_dead_boyfriend_came_back_as_a_high_school_girl

lol at first, then it became surprisingly thoughtful.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
That girl is going to have the most confusing love life ever.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Does it count as poly if there's only two physical bodies involved?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/status/1001578318620254208

didn't know this was happening but I'm glad

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Ahh yeah.
The baddest mother fuckers this close to the ground.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Any reason to choose either Kindle or Comixology over the other? Housekis are back on for 8 which is as low as needs be for me.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
If you buy it on Kindle it should add it to your Comixology account anyway.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
Hanakaku was extremely good. Hana-chan is so strong and pure-hearted. I can't believe she was practicing RNCs on her blanket, I need to try that sometime.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I haven't had a chance to read them yet, but I have Asahinagu (about girls' Naginatado) and Bamboo Blade (girls' kendo) queued up for myself as far as "girls' sports manga" goes. Yawara! (judo) is a little rough around the edges imo because it leans so heavily into the "I just want to do normal girl things like date boys and cook beef stroganoff" characterization of Yawara, but the actual judo parts are good. I don't know if the manga's actually been translated all the way yet though :/

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Last kami-sama no ekohiiki chapter just went up

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Nalin posted:

Pashiri na Boku to Koisuru Banchou
The Errand Boy and the Banchou in Love

A kid gets confessed to by the biggest delinquent in school. However, since he has been bullied all his life, he misunderstands the situation and thinks she is forcing him to be her errand boy. He thinks she is bullying him while she thinks he is being a kind and considerate boyfriend.

Everyone read this, it's amazing. :3:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/seifuku_no_vampiress_lord_ch12

When you're so gay you actually become immune to contrived genre drama.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 17, 2018

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!

Rodyle posted:

Last kami-sama no ekohiiki chapter just went up

I love how this series unfolded.

I'm gay.
You're gay.
Your ex-girlfriend is gay.
Our moms are gay.
Even god is gay.
The end.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I thought it was a bit lame that Rin just disappeared from the series but gotta get back to the boys in this boy's love series, so fair enough.

your best friend turned boyfriend's mom melting down and telling you how she's in love with your mom is a hell of a lot to unpack, also

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I'm posting one with a solid start if only so I don't forget it exists later.

Tenju no Kuni is set in Tibet and feels a lot like Otoyomegatari so far. Our main character is a doctor and a lot of the page count is spent on herbal medicine and food. The second chapter fleshes out the relationship between our betrothed characters, and it seems cute so far.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Baron Snow posted:

Tenju no Kuni is set in Tibet and feels a lot like Otoyomegatari so far. Our main character is a doctor and a lot of the page count is spent on herbal medicine and food. The second chapter fleshes out the relationship between our betrothed characters, and it seems cute so far.

What a lovely manga :3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Baron Snow posted:

Tibet.

It's cute. :3:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Incidentally, we have a historicals thread, too so I cross-posted it over there. It looks good and cute, and I endorse reading good and cute historicals.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I remembered the thread existed, but wasn’t sure if it was still live, so thanks for cross posting. I’m sure it’ll get love over there too.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

My favorite character so far is the wide-eyed, eternally surprised Tibetan mastiff. In case you're wondering, yes, they really are that big.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Finally got around to reading Bokura Wa Minna Kawaisou, and it's quite good - anyone who's watched the anime can pick it right up from where the anime leaves off at chapter 28, although I think the manga is worth reading from beginning to end.
Word to the wise; chapter 91 that's currently out some places is the first half of an omake chapter after a bit of a time-skip, so I recommend saving that for later as I got terribly confused with the manga being listed as "completed" and then having the last page contain the phrase "will return in the next volume".

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

It's on crunchyroll's manga site. It's one of the few ones that didn't get half it's chapters nuked, so you can read it all there.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

D. Ebdrup posted:

Finally got around to reading Bokura Wa Minna Kawaisou, and it's quite good - anyone who's watched the anime can pick it right up from where the anime leaves off at chapter 28, although I think the manga is worth reading from beginning to end.
Word to the wise; chapter 91 that's currently out some places is the first half of an omake chapter after a bit of a time-skip, so I recommend saving that for later as I got terribly confused with the manga being listed as "completed" and then having the last page contain the phrase "will return in the next volume".

I read that a while ago and then fell out of the habit when I ran out of new releases, shortly after the main couple hooked up. I should finish it.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Baron Snow posted:

What is it about historical manga that they get such good artwork? Also I love the fisheyes the main guy has most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Historical stuff, especially historical stuff like this where it's a really niche area, is only done by people who really, really loving love the time period in question, and they work loving hard to get it perfect.