Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

That's not capitalism that's just a fun party bull

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

ate all the Oreos posted:

That's not capitalism that's just a fun party bull

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fearless_Girl

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

pray for polly

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

A boss with a definitely large penis

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Motherfucker posted:

A boss with a definitely large penis

soon is the safe word

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

All the shot in this thread is pretty sad in comparison, because this is REALLY sad :smith:

Thin Privilege has issued a correction as of 09:11 on Jul 17, 2018

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Thin Privilege posted:

All the shot in this thread is[i] pretty[i] sad in comparison, because this is REALLY sad :smith:

PSA: Don't keep birds. They have the same intellectual bracket as a dolphin or ape and yet we think its ok to keep them locked in a gibbet 24/7.

Motherfucker has issued a correction as of 09:11 on Jul 17, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Bacon in ‘08 before the big crash they charged me TWO $250 overdraft fees. When I tried to call them to complain the lady (in India) kindly hung up the phone on me. The thing is, the debit card would still let me use it even though I had no money so there was no way I knew I was overdrafting—and yes, I was stupid and should have looked at my account every 30 seconds but I was making many purchases at the time, and this was the days before apps and readable mobile websites. These days my sketchy small ghetto bank denies your card if you have no money and only charges you $35 if there’s some autopay!

Yes I am bad with money but I shouldn’t be charged $250/transaction if I don’t have any; I’d rather be embarrassed than have to sell my drat Fender to pay the fee.

Thin Privilege has issued a correction as of 09:13 on Jul 17, 2018

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Darkest Dungeon was rather spot on with it's depiction of capitalism as an Eldritch abomination

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

TheMostFrench posted:

It sounds great but I wonder if the people applauding include themselves in that group of 'hosed people'. It's comedy, I laughed and I agree that there are a lot of self righteous and frustrating activists in the world, but it makes me think of some of the nihilist attitudes in the thread like 'might as well kill myself since there is nothing I can do about [problem]'. Humanity is definitely not the be all and end all of life on earth, but there is no reason that we can't try to make existence decent for as many people as possible while we are here. This is where nihilism becomes a useful tool for oppressors, because if people are unwilling to challenge the unfair status quo then the oppressors get to continue their comfortable lives at the expense of others.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

(just loving kill them all already)

hahahaha papa stalin save me from these kulaks

Dear God: Pls let Kylie Jenner be the Marie Antoinette of the coming revolution.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

use technology to organize flashmobs and curbstomp rich fucks as they leave the apple store

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

or just threaten to throw a keyboard at them on twitter and get banned

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

At least it's out of stock?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Angelwolf posted:

At least it's out of stock?

You know the resource drain is bad when they've run out of ghosts

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

cash is freedom tickets

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Get Ready for your lovely cyberpunk future brought to you by Amazon.com

quote:

The Matrix is calling YOU……Amazon is seeking the NEO of Software Engineers!
<NAME>

“You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

- Morpheus

Amazon PeopleTech’s mission is to re-invent ways for our employees to connect with one another. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to have a global impact on a Greenfield project involving cutting-edge AWS technologies, data analytics, and machine learning. We build highly scalable event processing systems that let us turn our firehose of data into instant visualizations. You will work closely with our team of engineers in designing a strategy to detect and correct errors in the existing and new Facial Recognition technology for Amazon’s Time and Attendance systems.

Now your manager can get up to the minute metric's on how long your bathroom/smoke break was while tolling away at the Amazon Warehouse.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

They refused to even ballpark the order of magnitude ("Thousands?" "It's rare, but I can't say it's impossible"), and said I couldn't opt out of having tests or labwork done. It was for an obvious and relatively routine physical injury that had nothing to do with any kind of disease/infection.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sentient Data posted:

I couldn't opt out of having tests or labwork done. It was for an obvious and relatively routine physical injury that had nothing to do with any kind of disease/infection.

That's bullshit.

I do my own stitches though.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I'm the Rock Band font

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

nothing in this thread has made me angrier

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The Snoo posted:

nothing in this thread has made me angrier

The manager got fired and the employee was allowed as much time off as she wanted.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

The manager got fired and the employee was allowed as much time off as she wanted.

:unsmith:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's easy to allow time off when it's unpaid and you can backfill a troublemaker's position!

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

spacetoaster posted:

Still makes you wonder whether it was an actual piece of garbage manager with a power complex or if the company put enough pressure on her to force her to be that way and then used her as the scapegoat when the nightmare PR scenario occurred.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

kuddles posted:

Still makes you wonder whether it was an actual piece of garbage manager with a power complex or if the company put enough pressure on her to force her to be that way and then used her as the scapegoat when the nightmare PR scenario occurred.

I don't wonder at all. That manager was probably the perfect psychopath to move right up the management chain. But she ended up on the wrong end of the PR stick so the other psychopaths dropped her.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

link?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

These days my sketchy small ghetto bank denies your card if you have no money and only charges you $35 if there’s some autopay!

They only do that because they're legally required to now, and I guarantee you they hate that and are lobbying hard to get rid of it.

My favorite part is how banks immediately repackaged it and sold it as some kind of feature, like "With Super Overdraft Plus++ your card won't just be denied if you go over! How convenient! Sign up today!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://people.com/human-interest/store-manager-fired-after-backlash-employee-son-life-support/

quote:

“We’d like to follow up on the issue brought to our attention recently regarding how an employee time off request was handled by one of our managers,” the post read. “We investigated and have found that the situation was handled improperly and without the compassion that we value as a company. For that, we are very sorry.”

It continued, “As a result of this finding, we took quick action and that manager is no longer employed by PS Food Mart. We have also reaffirmed to our employee that she will be able to take all the time off that she needs during this difficult period. We’d like to thank the public for their concern. Folk Oil Company.”