Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I think the core gameplay is there. The PvP element will always be the main driver of the replayability and intrigue for the matches. Some more maps, monsters and guns would be appreciated. I think they're working on all three.

Gun variety and monster variety is all I need. Would love for a big enough stable of bosses that your going in blind and have to suss out what your fighting based on clues along the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I'd like to see some more enemies, and more aggressive enemies, but I feel Nightmare mode will be exactly what I'm looking for there. So more monster types, more weapons, yeah. I'd like to see some more intermediate weapons, especially smalls and mediums. You've got a fair number of low-cost guns, then they just sort of jump up to the Obrez and Uppercut and such. The silenced Nagant and side-by-side handcannon are the only middle of the road options springing immediately to mind.

I like most of the mechanics in the PvP fights, although I'd like to see a little more hard cover with bullet penetration being what it is. The only thing that feels kind of cheap are the explosives, because goddamn, you get no warning when someone throws a cooked grenade at you and the blast radius/damage is huge. It doesn't help that cover does not reliably work to protect you against explosions, although they are working on that.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

w00tmonger posted:

Gun variety and monster variety is all I need. Would love for a big enough stable of bosses that you're* going in blind and have to suss out what you're* fighting based on clues along the way

The "Random" option is always the way to go - but I can see why people specifically target a boss or a time of day based on gun preference. I usually roll with a shotgun so butcher at night is vastly easier to deal with than spider / day.

A boss that breaks some of the rules would be a good idea imo. The best idea I've heard is for a boss which roams the map and isn't exceptionally obvious (underwater, under ground) and his patrol path is revealed by the clues.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

The "Random" option is always the way to go - but I can see why people specifically target a boss or a time of day based on gun preference. I usually roll with a shotgun so butcher at night is vastly easier to deal with than spider / day.

A boss that breaks some of the rules would be a good idea imo. The best idea I've heard is for a boss which roams the map and isn't exceptionally obvious (underwater, under ground) and his patrol path is revealed by the clues.

On that note, I think it would be neat if such a roaming boss would actively hunt down players (respond to sound cues maybe), and if there was a different mechanic where it was way more powerful against until you got all 3 of the clues for it or something.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
Bigger map sizes, more NPC monsters that actually attack, more boss monster variety, more boss monsters per map, changing night and day per map.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh my GOD the thought of trying to make an escape while dawn slowly lights the land, no country for old men style, Nnng.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

MysteriousStranger posted:

Bigger map sizes, more NPC monsters that actually attack, more boss monster variety, more boss monsters per map, changing night and day per map.

I would kind of like it if grabbing a bounty would agitate all monsters within the bounty's half of the map. Double, triple the aggro radius, make them actively hunt, etc. It would give you something of an incentive to clear away some of the chaff around the boss ( or don't, if you want to benefit from the security, but risk them tripping you up ). Instead of extracts being strictly PvP runs, it really ramps up the PvPvE element.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

MysteriousStranger posted:

This said, Hunt showdown is killing it.

It's really going to be a shame if its lost among pubg and fortnite because it really brings something interesting to the table and does a great job getting there

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

w00tmonger posted:

This said, Hunt showdown is killing it.

It's really going to be a shame if its lost among pubg and fortnite because it really brings something interesting to the table and does a great job getting there

This is really my feeling as well. The game is beautiful, super unique, very tense, and packed full of good ideas. It seems like they’re trying to do something really different and while it has a ways to go, they’re working on it and they’re being super open about next steps. I hope this game succeeds. It’s really great.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uoBguiAgAk

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
A good goon game:

We're loving about grabbing clues in the SW corner of the map on a double-bounty. The best thing you can do on a double is to find the butcher as fast as you can and kill his rear end. The reason being is that the butcher's TTK is drastically lower than the spider, giving you the opportunity for the bounty (and the bonus darksight - which means you usually win the game) faster.

We're in/around the Blanchett Graves and the Crematorium when we hear shots to the NE. It doesn't take us long to realize it's the butcher being killed at Davant Ranch, and shortly thereafter the banishment starts which lends some urgency to our hunting. (If you can, you want to hit the dudes on a boss when they are killing the boss. They are distracted and it covers the sound of your approach. It's harder when they're banishing - and VERY hard if they have the bounty)

We roll up on Ranch and poo poo starts to go down. Whoever killed the boss is fighting another group, shots everywhere. Eventually one team wins, right about as we entered the barn which is above the underground arena. The dudes now have the bounty and can see us. We rush down and shoot at the dudes with little effect from either side, we back out to patch up.

I sneak over to the "meat slide" I'll call it, it's a ramp which leads down to the basement which looks like it was used for pigs. The dudes are right down there so I just casually toss a frag grenade.

Neither of them seemed to see the grenade because it detonated right at their feet. It's the best 50 bucks I ever spent on a loadout, and seeing both bounties suddenly available for pickup on the floor below us was so satisfying. :thumbsup:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Updated 2nd post with more weapons, my personal murder rankings of them, as well as a discussion on damage / hitboxes.

To summarize:

Limbs: "Ouch"
Lower Torso: "poo poo! That hurt!"
Upper Torso: "gently caress me"
Head: *Dead Hunter Sound*

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

A good goon game:

We're loving about grabbing clues in the SW corner of the map on a double-bounty. The best thing you can do on a double is to find the butcher as fast as you can and kill his rear end. The reason being is that the butcher's TTK is drastically lower than the spider, giving you the opportunity for the bounty (and the bonus darksight - which means you usually win the game) faster.

We're in/around the Blanchett Graves and the Crematorium when we hear shots to the NE. It doesn't take us long to realize it's the butcher being killed at Davant Ranch, and shortly thereafter the banishment starts which lends some urgency to our hunting. (If you can, you want to hit the dudes on a boss when they are killing the boss. They are distracted and it covers the sound of your approach. It's harder when they're banishing - and VERY hard if they have the bounty)

We roll up on Ranch and poo poo starts to go down. Whoever killed the boss is fighting another group, shots everywhere. Eventually one team wins, right about as we entered the barn which is above the underground arena. The dudes now have the bounty and can see us. We rush down and shoot at the dudes with little effect from either side, we back out to patch up.

I sneak over to the "meat slide" I'll call it, it's a ramp which leads down to the basement which looks like it was used for pigs. The dudes are right down there so I just casually toss a frag grenade.

Neither of them seemed to see the grenade because it detonated right at their feet. It's the best 50 bucks I ever spent on a loadout, and seeing both bounties suddenly available for pickup on the floor below us was so satisfying. :thumbsup:

See, it's stuff like this that makes me hover the mouse on the BUY button.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I can't seem to walk more than 20ft without bumping into a murder of crows.

I mean, I know crouch walking won't make them take flight but crows are loving everywhere and I've got no idea how other players aren't constantly setting them off.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

a mysterious cloak posted:

See, it's stuff like this that makes me hover the mouse on the BUY button.

In one of my more recent, memorable games, me and my rando partner bumped into another group at Healing Waters Chapel. They caught us crossing the graveyard, opening up from behind a small wall. I crossed to the church while my partner took cover behind a wagon. As far as I knew, they were both behind the wall.

I had nothing but a revolver and a side by side, both decent guns, but not top tier. I threw my consumables at the wall, then pushed out, and saw that I'd attracted the attention of zombie friends. Instead of fighting them, I took them with me. :buddy:

So I pushed the guy I saw behind the wall, and after a brief fight, he downed me- but had emptied his weapons in the process. My backup dancers lost interest in me, then turned and swarmed the bleeding guy with the empty guns. He died. My buddy finished off his partner in the graveyard, then came over and pulled me up off the dirt.

People had heard our fight, and apparently, a lot of them had spawned on our side of the map. There were now gunshots ringing out on all sides of the church. Everyone had spawned nearby, and it turned into a multi-directional gunfight that saw us taking down a total of five other hunters, with others being downed in the crossfire.

Walking away from a fifteen minute gun battle, we bagged both bounties and extracted. Great fun.

I still have plenty of games where I get absolutely destroyed by someone I never even saw, but I keep playing. I just wish there was a kill cam.

AndyElusive posted:

I can't seem to walk more than 20ft without bumping into a murder of crows.

I mean, I know crouch walking won't make them take flight but crows are loving everywhere and I've got no idea how other players aren't constantly setting them off.

You get a feel for where they are and when you should crouch-walk and poo poo. I startled all the birds at first, then I got used to their radius. Having a good set of headphones that can tell me, "Yo, birds right there and about ten feet away" helps a bunch.

Orv
May 4, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSAErLTARu0

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

In one of my more recent, memorable games, me and my rando partner bumped into another group at Healing Waters Chapel. They caught us crossing the graveyard, opening up from behind a small wall. I crossed to the church while my partner took cover behind a wagon. As far as I knew, they were both behind the wall.

I had nothing but a revolver and a side by side, both decent guns, but not top tier. I threw my consumables at the wall, then pushed out, and saw that I'd attracted the attention of zombie friends. Instead of fighting them, I took them with me. :buddy:

So I pushed the guy I saw behind the wall, and after a brief fight, he downed me- but had emptied his weapons in the process. My backup dancers lost interest in me, then turned and swarmed the bleeding guy with the empty guns. He died. My buddy finished off his partner in the graveyard, then came over and pulled me up off the dirt.

People had heard our fight, and apparently, a lot of them had spawned on our side of the map. There were now gunshots ringing out on all sides of the church. Everyone had spawned nearby, and it turned into a multi-directional gunfight that saw us taking down a total of five other hunters, with others being downed in the crossfire.

Walking away from a fifteen minute gun battle, we bagged both bounties and extracted. Great fun.

I still have plenty of games where I get absolutely destroyed by someone I never even saw, but I keep playing. I just wish there was a kill cam.

stooooooooop iiiiiitttt

Orv
May 4, 2011
The game, is good. The money, is evil.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Same works for crossbow bolts, and the Butcher is a wonderful pincushion. When you are out, hit him until he gets briefly stunned, run up and yank out your bolts.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I was killed last night by a large dynamite bundle.

I feel honored, like an old buck that was taken down by a respectful Native American who's going to use every part of me and pray to the night sky as I look down from the stars.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I bought the drat thing

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

a mysterious cloak posted:

I bought the drat thing

I should put some more beginner tips in the OP but here's what you need to know:
  • You are going to die. Don't get attached to your dudes, because they are going to die. You are new, so you are going to die even more than other folks. Be prepared for your death and don't get emotional about it.
  • You Rank 1 Bloodline and Tier 1 hunterman WILL be thrown into the same arena as some Tier 3 1500 dollar Rank 100 Hunters who have an auto Mosin and a Dolch precision they never miss with.
  • You can kill the above dudes with one shot from your lovely weapons if you play your cards right. Every weapon is lethal, you just have to outplay them. Remember: The low level combat axe can one shot anyone with a charged hit.
  • Spend at least one round being super sneaky, try to get a few clues and get the hang of the PvE elements.
  • Use lanterns to light the world on fire.
  • Audio is how you locate hunters and how they locate you. Don't shoot unless you have to. (ex: aggro'ed hive)
  • Stay away from the drat crows.
  • If you do run over another hunter, sneak up and get a good shot on him. At Rank 1 your best bet is close and personal, your Winfield doesn't have a good chance against a Mosin. If you get within shotgun range, charge his rear end with a melee weapon and hope he doesn't level a shotgun in time.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Another tale of woe and intrigue:

I've been rolling with this pubbie dude I found. He's pretty good and we've been making hay every match we play. Averaging about 4/1 K/D, getting the bount(ies) often and making money consistently. He's the long range sniper rear end in a top hat and I'm the flanking shotgun / melee fucker. The tactic works well, with him keeping them pinned and distracted while I roll up with the double barrel.

So he decides he's going to use the silenced Winfield. I spend half the match half-jokingly teasing him about this pea shooter - noting that he's not going to exactly send them scrambling for cover when compared to a Mosin going off. But it's fine, we kill some poor solo sap at Stillwater bend and have tracked the butcher to the chapel south of the lake.

We approach and hear dudes setting traps, killing zombies, and playing the piano once we sneak closer (letting us know that THEY know we're here). My partner heads to the NW side of the compound with his pea shooter while I move to flank them from the east, with a plan to run through the Butcher's lair to get behind them. While we're doing this, we are hearing shots back to where we came from, so we know we need to act fast.

He opens up and starts plunking them when they show near the western entrance,. I rush in from the east dodging the butcher and my partner suddenly goes down from a Mosin hit. I laugh at him as he is swearing in discord because I loving told him so about that rifle.

I run up the ramp to see the two dudes sitting there, I blow one away with the shotgun, the other turns to shoot me with his pistol and gets a piece of me. Before I can get my shotgun off, a large hole appears in this mans head thanks to a shot ringing from the south. (gently caress)

The other team knows I'm down here so I quickly say hello to the Butcher again while I reload, I pop out and shoot these two dudes as they hop over the wall trying to find me. One goes down, but I take some bleeding damage.

I pop back down to the butcher again, patch up and rush at them for a second time - I find the other one and blow HIM away. I'm happy with my work and reloading with very little health and standing still when one of the dudes I just downed shoots me with a Dolch and kills me. (His buddy had picked him up when I ducked in to heal from the bleeding)

Moral of the story is to bring a Crown and King I guess. It was good fun though.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.
I'm usually running solo and am at a big disadvantage against the coordinated duos. Sooooooooooooo, if there's anyone else out there who is in a similar boat (new to the game or otherwise) and is down for partnering up in the evenings (US-west), here's my steam profile. So add me maybe?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I should put some more beginner tips in the OP but here's what you need to know:
  • You are going to die. Don't get attached to your dudes, because they are going to die. You are new, so you are going to die even more than other folks. Be prepared for your death and don't get emotional about it.
  • You Rank 1 Bloodline and Tier 1 hunterman WILL be thrown into the same arena as some Tier 3 1500 dollar Rank 100 Hunters who have an auto Mosin and a Dolch precision they never miss with.
  • You can kill the above dudes with one shot from your lovely weapons if you play your cards right. Every weapon is lethal, you just have to outplay them. Remember: The low level combat axe can one shot anyone with a charged hit.
  • Spend at least one round being super sneaky, try to get a few clues and get the hang of the PvE elements.
  • Use lanterns to light the world on fire.
  • Audio is how you locate hunters and how they locate you. Don't shoot unless you have to. (ex: aggro'ed hive)
  • Stay away from the drat crows.
  • If you do run over another hunter, sneak up and get a good shot on him. At Rank 1 your best bet is close and personal, your Winfield doesn't have a good chance against a Mosin. If you get within shotgun range, charge his rear end with a melee weapon and hope he doesn't level a shotgun in time.

This sounds like how I play Fortnite, which is (I think) the opposite of how I'm supposed to play that game. I may be decent at this one!

I will go through and add you guys once I get the hang of it. I'm Nostratic on Steam.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm super reluctant to pair up with randos, if I can't play with my friend I don't even bother.

Are pubbies as bad as I'm making them out to be?

It seems like having to communicate with them over in game voice would be a major disadvantage.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I've played solo, I actually like it a lot, makes everything way creepier. I feel like if there was ever a game to play solo to fully embrace being a murderous antisocial misanthrope, this is probably it.

GIT OFF MAH PROPERY, VARMINT

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I thought they added Bloodline matchmaking?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Studio posted:

I thought they added Bloodline matchmaking?

Did they? I wasn't sure if it was implemented yet. I know sure as poo poo it doesn't have any mercy for prestige ranks.

Orv
May 4, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

I'm super reluctant to pair up with randos, if I can't play with my friend I don't even bother.

It seems like having to communicate with them over in game voice would be a major disadvantage.

Solo is a very different, very interesting way to play this game, if you haven't tried it yet. It's also way harder than it used to be since there are now silenced Sparks and scoped Mosins and the like, but it's a good challenge.

As to talking in voice chat, I think my success rate for times I've heard people talking in voice chat before they knew I/we were there and killed them successfully is probably 95%. It's a massive disadvantage. But don't worry, text chat is also broadcast to everyone in the area!

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

Pubs are hit or miss, but they generally aren't any worse than I am. Worst comes to worst, they run off and you're solo- back where you started.

I was apprehensive too, but it really isn't that bad.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
Getting back into this after some months away. Dogs are even scarier now. Bosses seem easier to kill? I'm not sure if they lowered their HP or if they're just less janky to fight. Also, I recall reading about a buff to sawn-off weapons, what's that about and did it work?

And they also changed the way clues look? This new one is cool with the first discovery breaking it open, but I miss that creepy-rear end constriction of skulls into the void.

Sard fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 18, 2018

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
One of my favorite kills was while following a pair of dudes at a slight distance while just hunting for kills. I came up behind them with a stick of dynamite while they were staring at one of the sites. One of them immediately went into a panic and starting whipping around when he heard the dynamite. The other guy went "Did you hear something?" while still staring at the farm. I threw it at the second guy's feet, who then went "I did hear something" and then exploded while his teammate was just hauling rear end away from him.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Goon Game Stories: The 11 Man Gauntlet

We start at the lake and, with my urging, rush through loud + proud so we can get the hell out of there with the hopes nobody is nearby to hear us. I despise both the lake and Reeker, I never do well at either. It's a double bounty, and we have the good fortune to start tracking the Butcher. We zip over to Reeker and I am not being stealthy AT ALL. Crows are flying, I'm running over glass, I just want to get out of this area. Lo and behold the Butcher is at Reeker.

Luckily, I have the Caldwell chain pistol, fanning, and my trusty double barrel - the fellow goon has the Carbine and he's a drat good shot. All in all we're packing some heat and the Butcher goes down in about 15 seconds. We start the banishment.

This is where the poo poo goes down: as we are banishing no fewer than 6 hunters begin to assault us. People are shooting in the windows, people are throwing dynamite, people are below us, above us, outside the doors. It was a complete and utter clusterfuck. Between his dead eye with the Carbiner and my caldwell double barrel, we drop all 6 of them, one of them twice for a total of 7 kills. This was an epic 5+ minute firefight throughout the port. I pay the price of a health chunk and go down, but we survived and got the butcher bounty. We are now skipping happily to the spider.

We track the spider to the church and using what little darksight we have left, we see two more dudes camping in the basement. We run in and assault them, throwing what few explosives we have left and light the place up. The Carbine wins the day again, and we're thrilled that we definitely killed everyone now. My contribution here wasn't much as my health was missing some off the top, but I like to think my fanning kept them pinned down.

We now start going back up the ramp to the church graveyard when I *think* I hear something. It's just a quick noise, like walking, we stop and listen. Nothing. I have the classic Skyrim: "I guess it was nothing" moment and we walk out of the tunnels.

Two dudes are crouched right in front of me.

I level the old Caldwell and put one on his rear end, reload as the fight breaks out, run out and drop the other one. These guys were two of the people from Reeker who managed to live somehow and pick each other up.

Two goons, two bounties, 11 kills. :thumbsup:

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 18, 2018

Argila
Oct 23, 2008

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Two goons, two bounties, 11 kills. :thumbsup:

Great write up. This game is really special - the fights are so intense. It took me 15 minutes to come down from that game.

I need a 'Karabiner Krew' gang tag.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Argila posted:

Great write up. This game is really special - the fights are so intense. It took me 15 minutes to come down from that game.

I need a 'Karabiner Krew' gang tag.

How about "Karabiner Killer Krew?"

It has a nice ring to it.

Actually it's growing on my quite a bit. You need to get a bit closer than for the Mosin, but if I can actually land my shots then it's worth the cheaper price tag and slightly lower range / damage.

Argila
Oct 23, 2008

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

...closer...
slightly lower range / damage.

From what I've seen, the best way to think about Mosin vs Karabiner is as:

Mosin replaces Sparks
Karabiner replaces Winfield.

With the new weapon balancing, the Mosin is only advantageous over the Karabiner at +90 meters. The Mosin will still kill with 1 head shot at that distance but the Karabiner will not. Really though, who is shooting that far with iron sites? The difference in damage is something like 2 in favor of the Mosin.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Argila posted:

From what I've seen, the best way to think about Mosin vs Karabiner is as:

Mosin replaces Sparks
Karabiner replaces Winfield.

With the new weapon balancing, the Mosin is only advantageous over the Karabiner at +90 meters. The Mosin will still kill with 1 head shot at that distance but the Karabiner will not. Really though, who is shooting that far with iron sites? The difference in damage is something like 2 in favor of the Mosin.

and who is getting headshots reliably at that range?

Since I started playing again, I have yet to encounter someone "sniping" with a scoped Mosin or the like. The engagement range still seems to be (99% of the time) medium or short range. Even when I played several weeks ago when the Mosin was monstrous god tier range - very rarely would you start shooting at very long ranges. Also, the counter to someone with a scoped rifle is to get in medium or short range and make their scope useless. In other words, most engagement ranges.

All in all if you have to choose between a weapon which is extremely situational (Scoped Mosin) vs. one which is more versatile (Carbiner, Stabilized Dolch) you're going to get more use and have a better chance of living with the versatile weapon. You can make advantageous situations suited to what you have equipped, but often you are needing to adapt to what is happening around you.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

So... Not really feeling it for this game. Played last night, killed a few monsters, heard some gunshots, tracked down the Butcher. Then I tried hunting other players a bit but never found anybody. So I just dove in and attacked the Butcher in the last 5 minutes of the round and got murdered. Definitely cool and atmospheric, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sometimes I start the game with a round missing in the chamber of one or both of my weapons. Is this a bug?

Also I can't wait to unlock a weapon with a silencer as well as the Quartermaster trait. It seems like one or both of those things would make my life alot easier.