Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Splatoon, Inkling Planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Eh, I'm sure even the Fremen would look at that and go "nah, we're good."
KJA is Abomination; let his water be cast upon the sand, lest he return and write a sequel about how his water is special because it has nanites in it or whatever

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Kja wrote about ultraspice, derived from a special gland in SEA WORMS designed by SCYTALE that was so powerful that A GHOLA OF PAUL ATREIDES!!! After fighting ANOTHER GHOLA of HIMSELF!!!!! Said "its too much! The ultra spice is too spicey!!!" before killing himself.

Thats all real. He has defiled dune to the maximum. It feels like brian herbert is doing a contract killing of his father's legacy out of bitterness for being a bad dad

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

basic hitler posted:

Kja wrote about ultraspice, derived from a special gland in SEA WORMS designed by SCYTALE that was so powerful that A GHOLA OF PAUL ATREIDES!!! After fighting ANOTHER GHOLA of HIMSELF!!!!! Said "its too much! The ultra spice is too spicey!!!" before killing himself.

Thats all real. He has defiled dune to the maximum. It feels like brian herbert is doing a contract killing of his father's legacy out of bitterness for being a bad dad

"Hmm yes, but how can we make the DUNIVERSE more exciting, KJA?" asked @duneauthor

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Moneo: my lord, what will you do with the spice hoard from geidi prime?

Leto: TWO GHOLA AT ONCE MONEO, IT AMUSES ME.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What Dune tech do you guys wish you had? For me it is nullentropy containers so I could keep my lunch fresh.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The glossary at the back of Dune mentions ships designed to Constructicon themselves together and attack strongpoints by falling on them. I think Paul mentions them once, in passing. It never comes up again.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Moneo: my lord, what will you do with the spice hoard from geidi prime?

Leto: TWO GHOLA AT ONCE MONEO, IT AMUSES ME.

2 gholas, 1 cup of ultraspice

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

i wanna drink some melange coffee

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

When I was a kid I read some riddle about BEWARE THE GHOTI being a sign warning against a big fish (gh like in rough, o like in women, ti like in nation) and was convinced that ghola was a secret funny word miswritten in the same style.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

jerry seinfel posted:

i wanna drink some melange coffee

I imagine spice coffee tastes kind of like a pumpkin spice latte with some cardamom in it.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

priznat posted:

What Dune tech do you guys wish you had? For me it is nullentropy containers so I could keep my lunch fresh.

I would like a heighliner because sometimes it's a bit too sunny and I could use some shade. Or a hypnobong, because they sound fun.

e: I mean ULTRAliner and ULTRAbong, obvs.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

An ixian no-ship of course

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

A Bene Gesserit pain box so i can put my dick in it

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I would dig an axlotl tank. It's like a 3d printer but for meat!

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

ill take a litle person that speaks only in riddles and rhyme

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Are stillsuits electronic? Could that maybe rationalize how they don't kill you?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'd like a mentat. There's a dude that always knows where your keys are.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
If your answer isn't "chair dogs" my question to you is why have you failed your sietch?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

lol @ the BG hipsters who are all like "well I prefer my drugs to be natural and come straight from the sandworm instead of this bullshit artificial poo poo" *destroys planet's ecology*

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Arrhythmia posted:

If your answer isn't "chair dogs" my question to you is why have you failed your sietch?

Do you have any idea how much time a guy who knows where my keys are would save?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Everything I’ve heard says KJA is a sweet supportive gee whiz kinda guy whose somewhat :downs: books are a pure expression of his soul. His Star Wars stuff was dumb as hell but honestly preferable to what became of the EU in its later days. These tweets do make Brian seem like kind of a twit, though.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I want a cone of silence so people don't embarrass me in bars and restaurants. It'd need to be portable so I could take it into the bathroom at said establishments. At long last, the peace of the home, in public bathrooms.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Good news, your mom has just about reached the appropriate size to begin the process.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
That or a pain amplifier. For those hard to reach people.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Saying that KJA's writing is a pure expression of is soul is more cruel than anything I could think of to say about him.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Since nobody has lasguns I think a shield generator would be aces

I'd be happy with a few suspensors to be honest. I might go full Baron eventually, being a goon and all

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Since no one has a shield I think a lasgun wou-

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

priznat posted:

Prana-bindu training.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
A Guild Highliner. Or, barring that, schematics for a working holtzman engine.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Pham Nuwen posted:

A Bene Gesserit pain box so i can put my dick in it

One of those floating needle assassin things so I can put it in my dick

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

...do you even know what an axlotl tank is :staredog:

tight aspirations posted:

lol @ the BG hipsters who are all like "well I prefer my drugs to be natural and come straight from the sandworm instead of this bullshit artificial poo poo" *destroys planet's ecology*

If I remember right they started the sandworm project when it wasn't certain if they'd manage to get the secret of axlotl tank melange production from the Bene Tleilax.

General Battuta posted:

Everything I’ve heard says KJA is a sweet supportive gee whiz kinda guy whose somewhat :downs: books are a pure expression of his soul. His Star Wars stuff was dumb as hell but honestly preferable to what became of the EU in its later days. These tweets do make Brian seem like kind of a twit, though.

I met KJA like fifteen years ago at Orycon, yeah he seemed pretty nice in person.

Halloween Jack posted:

The glossary at the back of Dune mentions ships designed to Constructicon themselves together and attack strongpoints by falling on them. I think Paul mentions them once, in passing. It never comes up again.

I definitely do not remember this, could you post it please?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
also I've never read any of KJA's books but my impression is he's just not a terribly imaginative guy, and while nothing I've heard makes me want to read his work I at least respect him for not being a turbo-creep like Peter loving Hamilton

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
KJA is pretty creepy, or maybe just an old man who should know better, based on what a friend told me about how he acted around her and other women at a convention recently.

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 17, 2018

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I read The Butlerian Jihad out of morbid curiosity and that book is beyond creepy. I don’t know whether KJA or Brian Herbert is the main culprit, but there is a lot of gratuitous violence, as well as loads of creepy sexual vibes in the novel. It’s really disgusting and unnecessary.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
yeah even the early house x books were like that with the baron raping mohaim and the axlotl tank poo poo, and prolly other poo poo i dont remember cuz gently caress those books

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Oh cool, good to know he's actually a trash person as well as a trash author.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Oh cool, good to know he's actually a trash person as well as a trash author.

By that metric stephen king and cormac mccarthy are worse than terrorists

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

...do you even know what an axlotl tank is :staredog:

IIRC it's a genetically modified human woman that is essentially a growth vat for tleilaxu genetic experiments. I want to make chairdogs. And space drugs, and clone my dead girlfriend.

E:do you think anyone ever hosed an axlotl tank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Crash_N_Burn posted:

cormac mccarthy

I will spill your water on the sand.