Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I learned something very important today.

If you dual-wield a Sonicor and a Glaive you will hold and fire Sonicor sideways, gangster-style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Pipski posted:

What's the secret to reliable wall-latching (with a controller?) I can get it to work on-demand about one time in ten. Is it like that for everyone or am I being utterly butter fingered and inept?

You should be sideways? If you try to wall latch when facing away or toward the wall, it won't work.

Bazanga
Oct 10, 2006
chinchilla farmer

Pipski posted:

What's the secret to reliable wall-latching (with a controller?) I can get it to work on-demand about one time in ten. Is it like that for everyone or am I being utterly butter fingered and inept?

You have to hold the jump button while aiming, so make sure you are doing that.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Jack Trades posted:

I'll totally get that attachments pack if the price is reasonable.

Confirmed at $20 during tennocon IIRC

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bazanga posted:

You have to hold the jump button while aiming, so make sure you are doing that.

Oh what? That's it, I'm a div. Thanks!

Bazanga
Oct 10, 2006
chinchilla farmer

Pipski posted:

Oh what? That's it, I'm a div. Thanks!
Actually I just tested it and I'm wrong. I just always hold jump and it doesn't seem to hurt anything, but if you are wallwalking you can just aim and it should plant you there for six seconds or so. You gotta make sure you are actually wallwalking and aren't just jumping up against the wall before doing it.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bazanga posted:

if you are wallwalking you can just aim and it should plant you there for six seconds or so. You gotta make sure you are actually wallwalking and aren't just jumping up against the wall before doing it.

Oh, okay, so maybe it's the angle? Maybe it just works at oblique angles then.

JohnnyOso
Oct 9, 2007

a more refined age
I have what is likely a dumb question, but I've been away forever and just picked up playing this again.

Should I reapply for the clan? I don't think I'm in it anymore.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think I am experiencing some decision paralysis for the first time in quite some time: I already signed up for the Madurai path, post Second Dream, but now I do not know how to split time for leveling that up (and others, eventually, for that matter) and just doing normal MR leveling. I know I should put the lens on a frame that is good/I like, but I just got Ember and Inaros too, and Nyx is coming up.

Also, I made a Helios Prime and I think I hate it. It turns everything into an ugly orange, takes forever to scan poo poo, and it generally sucks.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Only ever put greater / eidolon lenses onto Primed frames. I put an Eidolon Madurai on my Rhino when I found out RP was vaulted, assuming i'd never see one. I was not expecting him to be unvaulted any time soon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

I think I am experiencing some decision paralysis for the first time in quite some time: I already signed up for the Madurai path, post Second Dream, but now I do not know how to split time for leveling that up (and others, eventually, for that matter) and just doing normal MR leveling. I know I should put the lens on a frame that is good/I like, but I just got Ember and Inaros too, and Nyx is coming up.

Also, I made a Helios Prime and I think I hate it. It turns everything into an ugly orange, takes forever to scan poo poo, and it generally sucks.

focus gain is based on your frame killing stuff. ember is a passable option but inaros and nyx aren't good choices at all.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you can replace lenses on gear with other lenses if you want. slap basic ones on gear you like until you eventually get better ones to replace them with, since plains bounties crap out a fair amount of them. there's no need to hold off on applying lenses. the catch is just that it overrides the old lens and you don't get it back.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

focus gain is based on your frame killing stuff. ember is a passable option but inaros and nyx aren't good choices at all.

Its not that I am considering them for lenses, at least at the moment. Its that I want to play around with them instead of using one of my maxed frames for focus grinding.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Its not that I am considering them for lenses, at least at the moment. Its that I want to play around with them instead of using one of my maxed frames for focus grinding.

then don't worry about focus grinding for now. it's much less painful if you do it exclusively via onslaught anyway.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

then don't worry about focus grinding for now. it's much less painful if you do it exclusively via onslaught anyway.

I love eos. Level a weapon and get shittons of focus without needing to think, just kill

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ya onslaught is really one of the few ways to grind out a ton of focus quickly. If you aren't doing that and you want to slap a basic lens on maxed hek then go for it, you'll build up a little bit of focus before really farming for it.

Important to note is that if you put a lens on something and then forma it, it won't get focus until it gets ranked back up to 30 again. Frames and weapons that are not level 30 do not gain focus, no matter the equipped lens.

But the first lens you get is not the most optimal lens, greater and eidolon lenses gain noticeably more focus. So for now, tossing it on a maxed rank weapon while you're leveling other things is fine. Like others have said you'll get plenty of lenses just by doing bounties, and once you start making plat by selling things to people the greater lenses aren't that expensive either.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
How affinity/exp works in Warframe:
  • If you killed an enemy with a warframe power, 100% of the exp goes to your frame.
  • If you killed an enemy with a weapon, 50% exp goes to that weapon, 50% goes to your frame. Your other weapons get none.
  • If your teammates, while in range, killed an enemy, the exp is split evenly to your frames and weapons.

Focus affinity is slightly different, that you won't gain focus for teammate kills unless you nabbed the focus orb.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So I remembered I have an account on this and binged all weekend and now I'm mastery 7 with a bunch of bad guns and warframes. How do I get Prime stuff without paying like 5000$ and where are all the cool goons who run a bunch of defense missions for Relics?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Well of course there aren't any cool goons, but you can usually find a few happy to run Cetus bounties or Elite Onslaught, which should get you plenty of relics. Then you just find a Void Fissure mission (there's a tab for them on the navigation screen) and start cracking them.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Oh, I've already cracked my fair share of relics, I'm just looking for friends people willing to drag me to glory

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So I remembered I have an account on this and binged all weekend and now I'm mastery 7 with a bunch of bad guns and warframes. How do I get Prime stuff without paying like 5000$ and where are all the cool goons who run a bunch of defense missions for Relics?

Join the clan, get goons

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

RFC2324 posted:

Join the clan, get goons

Is the clan joining the same as the link from the OP or is that outdated?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So basically if I want to grind out some focus, do Onslaught/Elite Onslaught, and Cetus Bounties for lenses? That sounds about right.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Is the clan joining the same as the link from the OP or is that outdated?

yep, still the form in the op. dunno the current processing time, but probably no more than a day or 2 till you get the invite

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

RFC2324 posted:

yep, still the form in the op. dunno the current processing time, but probably no more than a day or 2 till you get the invite

No worries, I'm not in a rush (*mashing buttons to get prime stuff before they get secreted into the vault*)

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Run the infested excavation on Earth for Lith relics. There are always people running it for exp, relics and cryotics. It also has bonus exp.
Go to Jupiter Io defense for Meso relics. If your pub team is decent they might even go to 20 waves for Neo relics.
Eris Xini is great for Neo and Axi relics but there is hardly any pubs running this because it is Interception even though the relic drop chance is high. Recruit clanmates or pubs.
Sedna Hydron defense always has pubs who couldn't cut it at leveling in Onslaught or farming for Neo and Axi.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jobbo_Fett posted:

No worries, I'm not in a rush (*mashing buttons to get prime stuff before they get secreted into the vault*)

once it's vaulted the relics just stop dropping. if you already have the relics you can still crack them and get the vaulted crap.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

wid posted:

Run the infested excavation on Earth for Lith relics. There are always people running it for exp, relics and cryotics. It also has bonus exp.
Go to Jupiter Io defense for Meso relics. If your pub team is decent they might even go to 20 waves for Neo relics.
Eris Xini is great for Neo and Axi relics but there is hardly any pubs running this because it is Interception even though the relic drop chance is high. Recruit clanmates or pubs.
Sedna Hydron defense always has pubs who couldn't cut it at leveling in Onslaught or farming for Neo and Axi.

I think I've close to getting to Neptune, so I'll keep an eye on the first two, thanks.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

So basically if I want to grind out some focus, do Onslaught/Elite Onslaught, and Cetus Bounties for lenses? That sounds about right.

only the most deranged players max out all the trees, so most people go for a few skills that look good and then ignore the rest of the mess.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I am very excited for the Distilling Extractor Prime + BP in the Rhino Accessories pack.

Already have Rhino and all the weapons/accessories in the Nyx side of things, so I'll just have to get to grinding (or buy w/plat if it gets cheaper enough)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

chest armor is usually really, really bad, but wow, that looks pretty good :stare:

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Tanks But No Tanks posted:

chest armor is usually really, really bad, but wow, that looks pretty good :stare:

I quite like the armor! I might actually drop some $ on that, there's precious little chest armor in the game that actually looks good.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Tanks But No Tanks posted:

It's the only one I've ever purchased :)

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

If capping your daily focus with EOS is somehow not enough, you can also do Eidolon hunts.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
At what point are you ready to try Elite Onslaught?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Darth Walrus posted:

:angel: ~ trust ur :love: ~ :angel:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a good metric is if you've got a maxed out (by which i mean forma'd to your satisfaction, not level 30) frame that is either tanky, nukey, or has good cc and a good weapon. even if you can't carry you can still contribute, and it's very likely the pubbies are capable of carrying you instead.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Darth Walrus posted:

If you have Saryn it probably doesn't matter much what your build is. Cast your spores on an enemy and then find somewhere to hide while the counter ticks up.

homebrand
Oct 1, 2011

wid posted:

Thanks for this. I went to the wiki looking for meso relics for the junction and came away with more questions than answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Hey, what are some fun and/or devastating options for the Ignis Wraith as far as warcrimes go? i have something that works fine and all but i'm trash as far as actual mods setups go.