Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Verified lad to boot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"I am consumer" is just peak Online Name.

https://twitter.com/eightbitsamurai/status/1018972706555944960

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Puppy Time posted:

He can't block you, but Twitter can do whatever they want.

so twitter can violate my rights to yell at trump and call him a piss baby!? shocking first amend breach here.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That’s not how the first amendment works.

Or is that :thejoke:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm still very confused as to what official status Trump's Twitter has. Are these official statements? Can he delete tweets? Is it ok to allow him to flout the terms of Twitter but also ban people who do the same in response?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Interesting questions to be sure. However we are currently operating under the rule of "who's gonna stop him"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

I'm still very confused as to what official status Trump's Twitter has. Are these official statements? Can he delete tweets? Is it ok to allow him to flout the terms of Twitter but also ban people who do the same in response?

Since he's tweeted official statement using it, his tweets and thread are considered public forums for discourse and criticism by the courts. They've already ruled he cannot ban anyone from following him anymore (and needs to reverse any he's done), and I *thought* he can no longer delete any twats until he's no longer POTUS.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Brawnfire posted:

He's not supposed to block people or delete Tweets, according to a court ruling, but then again he's also not supposed to be selling hats or country club memberships or having the taxpayers rent his lovely golf resorts according to the Emoluments Clause of the loving Constitution, so :shrug:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Some CHILD played with this TOY?! WTF?!?!??

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
"vintage" slinky, like literally just a coil of flat wire that might have a brand name on it, but probably doesn't

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I don't know, I'd be pretty disappointed if a kid hosed up a memento of one of my parents.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sometimes its not about what the item is, but what it represents.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
let's be real, metal slinkies are garbage, plastic is where it's at

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

china bot posted:

Fuckin' wrong!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Metal ones give you that authentic slinkety sound, is the thing. Plastic ones just don't match up.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

china bot posted:

you monster

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
:twisted:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Slinkies are a garbage toy for garbage people. They inevitably get hosed up like that 10 minutes after you get them.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Slinkies are toys for cats and children, nothing more.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Volcott posted:

Slinkies are a garbage toy for garbage people. They inevitably get hosed up like that 10 minutes after you get them.

Why do you think their mother never played with it, either?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

SpacePig posted:

Metal ones give you that authentic slinkety sound, is the thing. Plastic ones just don't match up.

Plastic ones are also too light. They don't work as well.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

china bot posted:

:wrong:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Slinkies are garbage toys for the time before we had video games. They belong in a museum for boring adults to "ooh" and "ahh" at, while their children trash-talk them on their iphones.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
do they also thing L milk is light milk?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This could have been completely avoided if the recipe had called for 50 grams of sugar instead.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

If so, the unit of milk must be "milk". Add one milk and stir.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Memento posted:

This could have been completely avoided if the recipe had called for 50 grams of sugar instead.

My husband doesn’t like things too sweet, that’s why he married me. Ha ha, just kidding. Fifty grams was too much sugar, so I reduced it to six ounces.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Trig Discipline posted:

If so, the unit of milk must be "milk". Add one milk and stir.

I think that's an l for liter so they're mixing US measure and metric on that recipe lmao

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Inspirational wisdom.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

I am shocked and appalled that that someone with handle "cannabisfeminist" is using cannabis. This really opens my eyes.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone please yell at that man to clean his dirty loving bong my loving god.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bolivar posted:

I am shocked and appalled that that someone with handle "cannabisfeminist" is using cannabis. This really opens my eyes.

How brave of this Californian to come out of the dirty bong closet on an anonymized Instagram account.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
At least half of the replies to this obvious joke directly responding to a bullshit story are calling the joke out for being untrue. Incredible job from twitter users across the board.
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1019283871945363456

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
drat it's been a bad couple days for the NYT, their op-ed writers are really doing their best to murder any credibility that paper still has.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

Inspirational wisdom.
She appears to have a demon trapped in the middle of that bong.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

PhazonLink posted:

They said they bought regular milk instead of light and made this to use it up.

Tardcore posted:

I think that's an l for liter so they're mixing US measure and metric on that recipe lmao
It probably means a "metric cup" (250ml), which is a dumb but annoyingly common measurement in cooking.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Tiggum posted:

They said they bought regular milk instead of light and made this to use it up.

It probably means a "metric cup" (250ml), which is a dumb but annoyingly common measurement in cooking.

You're probably right because 1 liter of milk wouldn't make any sense

Also rice pudding without cinnamon? a crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

lol i just ate a 24 hr comment ban for

The Saddest Rhino has a new favorite as of 08:29 on Jul 18, 2018