Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I scrubbed it, since it's a piece of farming gear for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Finally!!!

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
CongraXulations :woomy:

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

do the X pose do itttt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still need to get from S+1 to X in clam blitz but that may take a while, since I've barely played it :sweatdrop:

I've also been trying out some different weapons and I'm a big fan of the nozzlenoses. Do walk speed boosts stay in affect while firing with these weps? I know it matters for chargers and splatlings, but I was trying to figure out a good loadout and boost set up. They don't seem to need any ink save or recharge boosts to go wild with em so I'm trying to branch out

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

In Training posted:

I still need to get from S+1 to X in clam blitz but that may take a while, since I've barely played it :sweatdrop:

I've also been trying out some different weapons and I'm a big fan of the nozzlenoses. Do walk speed boosts stay in affect while firing with these weps? I know it matters for chargers and splatlings, but I was trying to figure out a good loadout and boost set up. They don't seem to need any ink save or recharge boosts to go wild with em so I'm trying to branch out

Yes they do, and the L-3 Nozzlenose is one of the fastest strafing weapons in the game right now, if you're using that variant. H-3's speed isn't exactly super high, so I don't know if I would recommend that for it, but if you have nothing better to put on your gear, go for it.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/LogothX/status/1019440183878402051

God damnit stop trying to throw games in the last 10 seconds.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
It didn't look like anyone threw the game it just looks like your team got slaughtered last second

Edit: good save tho

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
zero pointers :argh:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Help what side do I pick for the Splatfest?

I'm trying to figure out which side the kids will all be picking, so I can choose the other side.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kids will all be picking Octo but also Octo is the right choice so ya know :shrug:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

My thought is lots of kids are picking octopus, so going squid means fewer mirror matches; plus I think a lot of goons are also going squid?

Not that it matters, pick what you want.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Escobarbarian posted:

Kids will all be picking Octo but also Octo is the right choice so ya know :shrug:

:same:

I've been playing an Octo nonstop, though, so I went SQUID

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Octopus is the superior animal.

Inklings are the superior character thingy.

Read the choices.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I like team octo because I did the single player campaigns right next to each other and the Octo Expansion was way better. Also the mantle fro is most powerful.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Octopus is the superior animal.

Inklings are the superior character thingy.

Read the choices.

It is a completely unrelated and coincidental pairing of animals, this the first time they lock your form to your choice

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US/AU/NZ Squid vs. Octopus @ July 20th 21:00 PT / July 21th 00:00 ET / July 21th 14:00 AET
  • JP Squid vs. Octopus @ July 21th 15:00 JT
  • EU Squid vs. Octopus @ July 21th 16:00 CET
All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

It's not happening this weekend.

Bonus feature: During Splatfest, the side you choose reflects your character, ie. you don't need the expansion to play as an octo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In additional but not as exciting anniversary news, the Salmon Run scheduled for Saturday is the same map/loadout as the very first Salmon Run shift ever. Kinda neat.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I chose squid but I regret it now.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

In Training posted:

In additional but not as exciting anniversary news, the Salmon Run scheduled for Saturday is the same map/loadout as the very first Salmon Run shift ever. Kinda neat.

Trying to lure people away from one race war into the other. Hm, the player is the baddies aren't they?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

SeANMcBAY posted:

why’s that

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

SeANMcBAY posted:

traitor

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you didn't go Octo you're a cop

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
Awwww yisssss the DHL lady just came by and look what she left:

Now I just have to get over to the Amazon locker to pick up the amiibo, which also arrived today (not sure why it took so long but w/e).

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
I picked squid but made this anyways:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh yeah, this weekend is the one year anniversary of the game's release. I guess that explains the big deal Splatfest theme and throwback Salmon Run

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
I can't tell if its the post-Girzzco-Gear loving up match making, but lot of not good parties today.

If you've been killed, maybe don't crawl to the ocean? Away from everyone else and the basket?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

mr grizz please stop trying to make me do griller rounds with this weaponset

sincerely, a former level 400 profreshional

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1020139760407515136

3.2.1 is coming 7/27. There's a bug where bombs thrown from Bomb Launchers (Except for Burst Bombs) don't deal any damage to bubbles at all. And get deleted upon contact with the bubble instead of exploding, doing absolutely nothing. For the record, sub-weapon bombs aren't affected by this glitch.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1020232622025322497

This Shifty Station's gimmick, boss tentacles! Yeah, those weak points in single player that pop up after you finish a boss' phase. Comes in both squid and octo balloon flavors. Burst them to open up those numbered gates.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1020233566850985984

Also the Octoling amiibo are releasing November 9th.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Rolling perfectly matched gear abilities on the first try never, ever gets old.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Rolling perfectly matched gear abilities on the first try never, ever gets old.

Never even gets NEW for me :mad:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Fetus posted:

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1020233566850985984

Also the Octoling amiibo are releasing November 9th.

Octolings are so much cooler than Inklings

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Octolings are so much cooler than Inklings

That remains to be seen tomorrow :toughguy:.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Squid Supremacy!!!!!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That remains to be seen tomorrow :toughguy:.

I'm not going to say that people who choose Inkling have white supremacist sympathies.

But that certainly does fit the metaphor in the game

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Tomorrow will be my first splatfest, is there anything special I need to know? Is it just turf warring with gimmicks?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Caidin posted:

Tomorrow will be my first splatfest, is there anything special I need to know? Is it just turf warring with gimmicks?

It's a battle for truth itself.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Caidin posted:

It's like when duels allowed for a champion to fight, knowing that God would show the just outcome by ensuring victory for the champion of the party in the right of the issue.

So don't gently caress it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
Also they're when the game is the busiest so your win/loss record doesn't actually matter no matter how good you are or how much you play. Just have fun!