Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
think I'm gonna roll a RF character

should I go life or LL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Or occultist if you want to do something different.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Dr. Despair posted:

Or occultist if you want to do something different.
Occultist would probably be better as LL, no?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Man, getting my ele hit scion to maps was so satisfying. Just need another dozen levels for more life and stuff, get a 6l white bow and a kaom's heart, and then I'm basically set until I want to upgrade to all the abyss jewels.

Is bubonic trail and tombfist still worth using if I only have one abyss jewel each rather than two? So expensive for the better ones...

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

silvergoose posted:

Man, getting my ele hit scion to maps was so satisfying. Just need another dozen levels for more life and stuff, get a 6l white bow and a kaom's heart, and then I'm basically set until I want to upgrade to all the abyss jewels.

Is bubonic trail and tombfist still worth using if I only have one abyss jewel each rather than two? So expensive for the better ones...

Tombfist is absurd and you should spring for a 2 socket one asap. 1 socket is ok to get you going but tombfist with 2 mediocre jewels is better than basically any rare without shaper mods or good corruptions

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 17, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

2 socket tombfists arent even that expensive for how good they are

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
Sooo, I was just vaaling some stuff to complete the challenge, and this happened:

Searching POE trade and there were only 3 similar amulets, listed between 30c and 16ex.

Any rough ballpark of what this would be worth? I was thinking somewhere around 3-5ex, but any thoughts would be appreciated!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

A couple of questions about arc traps:

Does anyone have any preference between tinkerskin and loreweave (or a hot tip for anything else)? It's probably time to get rid of the 6l I bought when I had no money and was starting white maps.
Also, any good tips on how to keep my mana topped up? I've been using a mana flask but I'd rather use that slot for something better.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

theshim posted:

think I'm gonna roll a RF character

should I go life or LL

Just remember to not unequip your shield if you go for LL: https://clips.twitch.tv/RoughAgileSageBibleThump

That's definitely one of the best deaths this league.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

Does anyone have any preference between tinkerskin and loreweave (or a hot tip for anything else)? It's probably time to get rid of the 6l I bought when I had no money and was starting white maps.
Also, any good tips on how to keep my mana topped up? I've been using a mana flask but I'd rather use that slot for something better.

Tinkerskin completely solves mana issues by taking EB, Loreweave is more damage and defenses and usually uses a Lavianga's Spirit. Both are completely viable in their own way.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Deformed Church posted:

if you buy the loreweave you can probably use it again on your next character where the tinkerskin is only really for trapping

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Eezee posted:

Just remember to not unequip your shield if you go for LL: https://clips.twitch.tv/RoughAgileSageBibleThump

:laffo: thats impressive.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Eezee posted:

O FUK O FUK O FUK

yup, you nailed it

theshim
May 1, 2012

Eezee posted:

oooh, that's a good one

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Deformed Church posted:

It's funny you ask that I just came in to the thread to do the same. I'm on a 5l tinkerskin I got way back and the sustain is really nice. You don't even need a mana flask in my experience though I haven't bothered with MoM yet and am only really tinkering with t10s and t11s. I had another drop that is 167/89/15 that I'm probably going to try and 6l myself.

My other question is whether Lightpoacher makes sense in the build? I have never had a character with so few gem requirements. Arc in gloves, Spire in body, one 4l cwdt setup, movement in a 3l, portal/golem in the other...

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

arc is usually chaining offscreen so you arent going to get much out of lightpoacher

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

absolutely go life over LL for RF. even with very good gear your ES regen won't come close to what you can achieve on a juggernaut for much less currency

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Social Media posted:

absolutely go life over LL for RF. even with very good gear your ES regen won't come close to what you can achieve on a juggernaut for much less currency

With proper investment, guardian will be more tanky and have roughly 3 times the dps. But that requires a LOT of currency.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

silvergoose posted:

You can farm up a white 6L bow using porcupine divination cards, which I believe drop in gardens, orchard, and terrace. You then hit that with a +2 elemental gems essence, and craft on attack speed. When you’re richer, you can target craft that into a +3 gems bow, ask in guild chat for help.

And I would not bother with 2S tombfists and bubonics. It’s a huge opportunity cost. You only need a 1S tombfist with a murderous eye jewel for intimidate. Get life and resists on your boots.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Eezee posted:

this owns so hard

I love that he keeps a sense of humor about it, i'd be tying a noose

theshim
May 1, 2012

I could pretty easily retool my abandoned fire pen Juggernaut for RF, actually, gonna take a look at that (plus I have a Kaom's handy already).

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Reached level 80 for the first time yesterday :toot:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

OhFunny posted:

Reached level 80 for the first time yesterday :toot:

Grats!

Now go for 90. I hit 90 for the first time last league.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
Congrats on 80!

Who’s reached 100 in the guild? I know that funman did it on his voltaxic spark scion back in perandus.

I’ve died a few time at 97, losing me about 35% exp. Real painful. Should still be hitting 98 soon but this heat is kicking my rear end :mad:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I want to say Ultima and Rat have.

My peak is 91, because at that point I kind of get sick of the game and have to quit until the next league.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still at 90 this league. I've been less motivated since I'm poor compared to last league, which in hindsight was because I was exceptionally lucky that league.

3 exalts by like lvl 85, one in act 8 even, 2 early bellies, and a taste of hate and a molten strike enchant on my first uber lab. Yeah. No exalts at all this league and my one watcher's eye was like clarity and discipline. Maybe I should have bought a supporter pack!

All time high was 93 with a ngrammahu jugg on 3.0.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I'm still at 90 this league. I've been less motivated since I'm poor compared to last league, which in hindsight was because I was exceptionally lucky that league.

3 exalts by like lvl 85, one in act 8 even, 2 early bellies, and a taste of hate and a molten strike enchant on my first uber lab. Yeah. No exalts at all this league and my one watcher's eye was like clarity and discipline. Maybe I should have bought a supporter pack!

All time high was 93 with a ngrammahu jugg on 3.0.

I hit 94 back when beachead rotations were a thing. That was some crazy xp.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my trapper is pretty close to 96 which would be a first but im not playing him much anymore. jugg is 90 now since leveling the 2nd character is super easy with a map pool already built.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I've not gotten above 91 yet. I push for 90 and then go attempt bosses. Since I suck at this game my exp stays at 0% after that.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I finally hit 91 after a few weeks at 90, and now every time I get to around 50% I do something stupid and die like 3 times in one map.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

whypick1 posted:

I want to say Ultima and Rat have.

Ultima has, I havent. My highest is like 97.5, never found the motivation to push further than that.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I hit 99 on my wander this league, but got bored and didn't really feel any incentive to push for 100. Just been playing other random builds since then, took a few to 90 testing out different ideas and stuff I had not done before.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

And yeah, I have 2x95 and 2x90 chars this league (+ a few in their 80s). I just dont enjoy the grind once I feel like a character is 'finished'.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I’m working on 100 again because it’s a challenge this time and god knows I can’t let a league go by without getting 40/40 now that I’ve done it a bunch of leagues in a row.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Deformed Church posted:

Hot takes:

Malachai's mask and essence worm for blood magic

Slavedrivers hand for blood magic traps

Tinkerskin for EB traps

+3 elemental bow so you can wear a kaoms with trap damage crit quiver

MoM essence worm and keep the flask

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
mana flasks are underrated

they're pretty drat important for mind over matter, and also let you get away with not getting mana regen as CI

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
How scrub-tier am I for using a hybrid flask with MoM?

George fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 18, 2018

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

George posted:

How scrub-tier am I for using a hybrid flask with MoM!

A lot of people use them.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
The first level 100 in guild was Dravos, around Rampage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

So I put this game on ice but I like checking back to see the insane overpowered builds that show up every season. Anyone have any cool/funny videos of this seasons?