Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also don't forget that Lenna is literally the only FF5 healer! You can't even double heal it if you want!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is the game hemorrhaging F2P players and this is just the hail mary appeal to whales or something?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Fister Roboto posted:

Also don't forget that Lenna is literally the only FF5 healer! You can't even double heal it if you want!!!

Exdeath has White 5 and his SB kit is pretty useless for the fight anyway, so go ahead and use him as a healer if you have to.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

It's not even a very good USB compared to others. Party Curaga, 30% Stoneskin, and Last Stand. No instant cast.
i thought every medica usb came with at least 3 additional effects? I don't get why they'd release one now with only 2

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Curaise is a thing I guess.

I'm definitely bring along Exdeath as a healer

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fister Roboto posted:

Wait, what? Krile's cat-ear hood has become somewhat iconic for healing in the series and she's not a healer?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Fister Roboto posted:

It's not even a very good USB compared to others. Party Curaga, 30% Stoneskin, and Last Stand. No instant cast.

Instant cast matters less if your healer has TG mode equipped. :getin:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ETB posted:

Instant cast matters less if your healer has TG mode equipped. :getin:

TG Mode only lasts 25s, so unless you're capable of sub-30ing the fight it's a terrible idea.

Nihilarian posted:

i thought every medica usb came with at least 3 additional effects? I don't get why they'd release one now with only 2

Yep! Compare it to every other medica USB and it comes up short. There are also two other non-instant medica USBs. One is for Aemo (HP stock and astra) which is also lovely but much older, and the other is Yuna's (40% raise, haste, and last stand) which is pretty good and arguably the first actual good use of raise.

There's pretty much no reason for a brand new relic to be this lovely.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Wait, what? Krile's cat-ear hood has become somewhat iconic for healing in the series and she's not a healer?

The FFRK V Crew:

Bartz: 5* Combat, 5* Spellblade, 5* Sharpshooter, 4* Celerity, 4* Thief, (3* Knight in dive)
Lenna: 5* White Magic, 4* Dancer, 2* Black Magic
Faris: 5* Support, 5* Thief, 5* Sharpshooter, 4* Dancer (5* in dive), 4* Celerity, (4* Machinist in dive)
Galuf: 5* Combat, 5* Monk, 4* Ninja, 4* Samurai, 3* Support
Krile: 5* Black Magic, 5* Summoning, 4* Witch, (4* Bard in dive)
Gilgamesh: 5* Combat, 5* Knight, 5* Samurai, 4* Dragoon (5* in dive)
Exdeath: 5* Black Magic, 5* White Magic, 5* Darkness
Gogo (V): 5* Black Magic, 5* White Magic, 5* Bard
Dorgann: 5* Combat, 5* Knight, 4* Support, 3* Spellblade, 2* Samurai
Xezat: 5* Spellblade, 4* Combat, 4* Black Magic, 3* Knight
Kelger: 5* Combat, 5* Celerity, 5* Ninja, 4* Thief

The fact that Devout (Core) has a cat-ear hood and the extreme chance that there could be Krile (XIV) who has only ever worn the cat-ear hood might be reasons they didn't go that route for her in FFRK.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Fister Roboto posted:

TG Mode only lasts 25s, so unless you're capable of sub-30ing the fight it's a terrible idea.

You can typically get two SB casts off in 25s, plus get boosted healing capability during that time, so calling it terrible is pretty short sighted.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's nice, but I'm talking about the new Torment fights now, which will definitely last much longer than 25s unless you're extremely well geared, and they get significantly more dangerous as time goes on. For the first 30s of Cuchulainn I don't really need anything more than a burst medica command, but after that it gets nuts. If I used the TG Mode RM, it would be overhealing when I don't need it and useless when I do.

So yeah, unless you're decked out in top-tier relics, TG Mode is not an acceptable substitute for instant cast medicas in Torment.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I cleared it at 51s with TG mode Ovelia. That enabled me to heal the first half of the fight without using any SBs and preserve them for my BSB/USB in the latter half.

I'm not looking to be right, I'm looking to offer an alternative, and this simple RM assignment has worked for me for hard content across the board. It's also helped many people in the Discord when I've talked about it.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Yep! Compare it to every other medica USB and it comes up short. There are also two other non-instant medica USBs. One is for Aemo (HP stock and astra) which is also lovely but much older, and the other is Yuna's (40% raise, haste, and last stand) which is pretty good and arguably the first actual good use of raise.

There's pretty much no reason for a brand new relic to be this lovely.

I'll add to the praise for Yuna USB. I didn't bring Wall to the 2nd hardest Zeromus but cleared first try with her raising and last standing

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ETB posted:

I cleared it at 51s with TG mode Ovelia. That enabled me to heal the first half of the fight without using any SBs and preserve them for my BSB/USB in the latter half.

I'm not looking to be right, I'm looking to offer an alternative, and this simple RM assignment has worked for me for hard content across the board. It's also helped many people in the Discord when I've talked about it.

Ovelia's USB is instant cast though, so what is even your point? You probably wouldn't have been able to do what you did if you had to rely on a slow cast medica.

Like I'm not disputing that it's useful in certain scenarios, but it's just not in the one I'm describing.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 17, 2018

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
My point is that you said TG mode is terrible for non-sub-30 situations, and I gave an example where it's practical to use, that is to save gauge for a more difficult part of the fight.

If you are "stuck" with using Lenna USB, then you can likely get away with spamming it during last phases of the torment with all the built up gauge. Or if you need the USB before TG mode runs out, it is a practically fast cast. It's a win-win in my book.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The downside of instant cast medicas is that it sucks so drat bad going back to a healer that doesn't have it when synergy matters more. Regular medicas feel so slow I have no idea how I ever got used to timing things out with them.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

eiko has basically never left my group as my healer despite the fact i've gotten many other healing ultra soul breaks since her very early one just because the combination of instant + haste + last stand is just that good

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I did it, I finally did it, I used every last keystone just now

I'm finally free

220 Fire crystals :getin:

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

Zurai posted:

What? No. In fact I have not seen a single mage meta clear of Cucu. Pretty much every single clear is Ovelia, Marche, Ramza, Orlandeau, and Agrias.

*Clears throat* Allow me. :smug:

This was hell, but absolutely worth it. I have neither Marche nor Ovelia USBs, and nothing above SSB level for Agrias, so I had to make do with the jank twins. Full setup:

Ramza: Full Break/Magic Breakdown, Mako Might, LM1, LMR, History’s Truth, Chant
Orlandeau: Assault Saber (one R5, one R4), Truthseeker, LM2, LMR, Sword Saint
Alma: Curada/Hastega, Dr. Mog, LM1, LM2 (I have the LMR, but the improved healing proved vital for the final phase), Sacred Barrier, Wisdom of Orbonne
Rapha: Chain Thundaga/Faith, Witch’s Cackle, LM1, LM2, Heaven’s Wrath, Miracle of Scorpio
Marach: Meltdown/Memento Mori, Scholar’s Boon, LM1. LM2, Hell’s Wrath

So yeah. Rapha and Marach actually kept pace on damage with Orlandeau until middle chain, at which point they were still responsible for most of the damage. Chant was the only way I found for Orly to really leverage his offense, while Rapha capped her BSB commands after USB AND Marach matched Orlandeau blow-per-blow with Quickcast CMD1s.

I certainly wouldn’t have done it with Agrias SSB2 and Marche BSB, that’s for drat sure.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I sub 30 the D??? Cucu with Alma BSB after failing multiple times to pull Ovelia USB

But yeah I used the standard party of Ramza/TGCid/healer/Agrias/Marche

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I think that’s 44 hundredths of a second to spare, yeah?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Time to get all these useless hero souls out of my inventory

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Auron has 5* support now. My long lasting complaint is fixed. I can die happy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The downside of instant cast medicas is that it sucks so drat bad going back to a healer that doesn't have it when synergy matters more. Regular medicas feel so slow I have no idea how I ever got used to timing things out with them.

pulling Elarra USB was extremely sweet and she was the first healer i dove, consequently now every other healer i could use for any reason feels like absolute trash, including Aphmau USB.

as an aside getting that Elarra BSB along with the USB feels intensely useless now but i guess its nice to have the option

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Thank god for the updated orb drops and on dark crystal/orb day! I need a billion dark orbs/crystals, probably every wednesday forever I will only spend stamina on that powerup.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
These new record dunegons kinda blow. The first batch clearly had a lot of effort and charm put into them, but these are just straight "here's what happened in this game, and also Tyro is here." In the FF1 ones they constantly refer to the 4 warriors of light even though you only have 3 people in your party , which seems like the perfect opportunity for some snarky 4th wall breaking stuff, but nope, they just ignore it entirely.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

eelmonger posted:

These new record dunegons kinda blow..

That’s unfortunate, I was surprisingly pleased with the 1st round

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Most of the FFV ones are "here's half of a cave where you fight two battles. Now have the other half where you fight a boss." With nine FFV stages I thought we'd get to Karnak, not barely make it out of the ship graveyard.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got Tyro and Elarra to level 30 though so that's cool and it's cute to see them tooling around in any case.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
-Made it possible to select the number of Souls of Heroes, Memory Crystal Lodes, and Memory Crystal II Lodes to trade for Greater Growth Eggs or Major Growth Eggs at the Hall of Rights

That is one of the greatest QoL updates the game has ever done

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Shoenin posted:

-Made it possible to select the number of Souls of Heroes, Memory Crystal Lodes, and Memory Crystal II Lodes to trade for Greater Growth Eggs or Major Growth Eggs at the Hall of Rights

That is one of the greatest QoL updates the game has ever done

125 souls of hero, 73 crystal I, 81 crystal II. I was waiting for this day. Also dang I've gotten 90 Crystal III, which is enough for half of the guys I have left to use them on. I really need to stop viewing them as "only for the guys who REALLY deserve it" and throw them on anyone who has a good relic I might use someday.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

125 souls of hero, 73 crystal I, 81 crystal II. I was waiting for this day. Also dang I've gotten 90 Crystal III, which is enough for half of the guys I have left to use them on. I really need to stop viewing them as "only for the guys who REALLY deserve it" and throw them on anyone who has a good relic I might use someday.
MC3s have been plentiful enough since their introduction that if you didn't miss one you only have 30 characters left at 80. (Plus or minus 1, apparently.) Growth eggs have also not been in short supply, so you can likely throw them at several level 80s to quickly level them without the need to grind on Sundays.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

NGDBSS posted:

MC3s have been plentiful enough since their introduction that if you didn't miss one you only have 30 characters left at 80. (Plus or minus 1, apparently.) Growth eggs have also not been in short supply, so you can likely throw them at several level 80s to quickly level them without the need to grind on Sundays.

Yeah. I started playing late (~ 9 months ago, now, so earlier than the current newbies) but those catch-up dungeons have given me an amazing glut of them recently. I just need to get over my own resource-starved mentality.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I got to the point where I now get an MC3 for any character for whom I have any relic at all, even just uniques. And I still have a bunch left over.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Now let me trade growth eggs for magicite growth eggs, I don’t care if the exchange is 100 to 1 just do it please.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The Leading Man gets his latest FFXII event! Only a single banner this time, though there's an Earth and Lightning Lucky after it.

XII Banner posted:

Balthier's Mithuna [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Fire Overflow ranged physical attacks

Balthier's Argyle Armlet [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, Imperil Fire, Oil Bullet to user
Oil Bullet: Inflicts minor Imperil Fire after using 2 Machinist abilities

Gabranth's Balmung [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark ranged physical attacks, En-Dark, Heavy Charge Booster & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Dark abilities
Level 0: Single-target Dark physical attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Dark Overflow physical attack

Penelo's Rabanastre Dancer's Dress [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Instant Cast 1 to party, Instant Cast, Cure Step to user
Cure Step: After using Dancer abilities, casts h25 heal to party

Ashe's Ragnarok [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Lightning/NE magic attacks, En-Lightning, MAG & RES +30% & Lightning Sigil to user
Lightning Sigil: After using R1~5 Black Magic abilities, chases with 2~6 single-target Lightning/NE magic attacks

Balthier's Mirage Vest [Glint, +10 ATK] - En-Fire, En-Fire Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast
Ashe's Aegis Shield [Glint, +10 MAG] - En-Lightning, En-Lightning Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Penelo's Doom Mace [BSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Last Stand to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h105 heal & High Regen
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Balthier's Antares [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Gabranth's Gauntlet [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Dark abilities
Penelo's Feathered Cap [LMR, +10 MND] - 25% chance to Dualcast White Magic abilities
Gabranth's Barbut [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Do the dailies have realms attached to them? I know you don't get synergy, but if I run dailies can I get realm based RM drops and if so, what dailies are tied to what realms?

I'm sick of running the 3stam ffx realm in hopes of getting tidus' second RM, gently caress I wish I had known about this when going through most of the realm dungeons, I would have unlocked the chars with realm specific RMs and done them asap.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 19, 2018

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
That's a real cool USB2, Penelo.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
And leave it to Gabranth to make even a doublecast materia kind of a trainwreck. Without a Heavy Charge proc like Cinque’s, Dark Gigant Swing’s dualcasts are going to always suck in comparison to just using Darkness.

Also, nice Imperil tech to go with the 6* Machinist skill and your passive kit, Balthier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

MF_James posted:

Do the dailies have realms attached to them? I know you don't get synergy, but if I run dailies can I get realm based RM drops and if so, what dailies are tied to what realms?

I'm sick of running the 3stam ffx realm in hopes of getting tidus' second RM, gently caress I wish I had known about this when going through most of the realm dungeons, I would have unlocked the chars with realm specific RMs and done them asap.

Of course shortly after posting this, I got high scorer and like 2 battles later got ace striker.

Now how about giving me rydia's stuff game? HOW ABOUT IT