Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

notthegoatseguy posted:

A couple more Raikou/Entei codes:

Took the first code, thanks so much! Next time I go to target I'll see if they have more of the current codes and I'll pay it forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

notthegoatseguy posted:

A couple more Raikou/Entei codes:

Snagged the second code, thanks a bunch :)

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

In my quest for a third gen Ho-Oh, I've just finished snagging and purifying the 48 Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum. Turns out fudging the walk cycle with a weird piece of land in Agate Town is really efficient for when I don't have time for playing the game.

Now I need to make a team for the Mt. Battle challenge; probably superpowers like Tyranitar, Mewtwo, Jirachi, Groudon, Kyogre, and something else

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

The Golden Gael posted:

In my quest for a third gen Ho-Oh, I've just finished snagging and purifying the 48 Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum. Turns out fudging the walk cycle with a weird piece of land in Agate Town is really efficient for when I don't have time for playing the game.

Now I need to make a team for the Mt. Battle challenge; probably superpowers like Tyranitar, Mewtwo, Jirachi, Groudon, Kyogre, and something else

Sorry to break the news to you but third gen Ho-Oh is in Colosseum. Fudging the walk cycle still works though!

Edit: I am the biggest moron and somehow thought this post said Gale of Darkness.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 16, 2018

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I ev trained a whole team for that Ho-oh. Don't remember what I used though.

On a related note, does anyone have a spare 3rd gen Deoxys, Celebi or Lugia hanging around? Assuming my cart still works that should be all I need to complete a living dex.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I think I used Starmie, Kyogre, Electrode and Gengar for Mt. Battle. It was a Thunder and Explosion team.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

please retweet

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

someone with more power than me please give him the 'you know i had to do it to him' arms and burger king foot lettuce

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Raikou/Entei Codes final batch. Will try to pick up some extra (Jirachi?) codes this week.

1st code claimed

A8Z9XMU6LLQJ2WQF

A8Z9XMYUMFRXUG9Y

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 17, 2018

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

notthegoatseguy posted:

Raikou/Entei Codes final batch. Will try to pick up some extra (Jirachi?) codes this week.

A8Z9XMT8U7TUEKNN

A8Z9XMU6LLQJ2WQF

A8Z9XMYUMFRXUG9Y

Got the first one, thanks.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

A poor man's Hoopa Unbound

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Thanks for the gen 1 tips, everyone. I have another question. I know that Machamp can only learn Fissure in Gen I, so I’ll be getting one of those for novelty’s sake. Same goes for Skull Bash Pikachu. Are there any other cool pokemon/move combos that I should take the opportunity to get?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I’m playing through White on a whim and wondering what’s the best False Swiper for that game? It looks like my options are pretty limited.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Note Block posted:

I’m playing through White on a whim and wondering what’s the best False Swiper for that game? It looks like my options are pretty limited.

A quick look at Bulbapedia left me at Leavanny. False Swipe, Grass Whistle (yeah, I know), Swords Dance or Flash to make it last longer in a fight. I have not played BW1, so no idea if that even is feasible (even tho it sounds incredibly subpar). But it seems you can't get Breloom without trading and Gallade requires you to have Ralts in White Forest.

Edit: Bisharp? False Swipe, Thunder Wave. Double Team and/or Swords Dance. Mean Look as an egg move, but I don't think roaming Pokemon are a thing in Gen V?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 17, 2018

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Mierenneuker posted:

A quick look at Bulbapedia left me at Leavanny. False Swipe, Grass Whistle (yeah, I know), Swords Dance or Flash to make it last longer in a fight. I have not played BW1, so no idea if that even is feasible (even tho it sounds incredibly subpar). But it seems you can't get Breloom without trading and Gallade requires you to have Ralts in White Forest.

Edit: Bisharp? False Swipe, Thunder Wave. Double Team and/or Swords Dance. Mean Look as an egg move, but I don't think roaming Pokemon are a thing in Gen V?

One of the Djinn/Weather/etc. trio are a roamer in Black/White, IIRC.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

ItBreathes posted:

I ev trained a whole team for that Ho-oh. Don't remember what I used though.

On a related note, does anyone have a spare 3rd gen Deoxys, Celebi or Lugia hanging around? Assuming my cart still works that should be all I need to complete a living dex.

I have that first one, but how would you be able to get it?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The Golden Gael posted:

I have that first one, but how would you be able to get it?

It's a moot point, as I just realized the bookshelf I left it on hasn't been there for years. Hopefully it's in the attic somewhere, but I'm not about to go looking for it anytime soon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

here's a bunch of entei/raikou:

A8Z9852X556JW2X2

A8Z984YCMD72T5CL

A8Z984U2NFPJF2H8

A8Z984TKXTY8C83Z

A8Z984QUXFDLWKRY

A8Z984QHTR9XWN84

A8Z984QF6L67ZYLE

A8Z984P4FK4QSM4M

here's a bunch of thundurus/the bad one:

A842KZNQXCTL7M2T

A842L2AWH6MG2C5P

A842L2OXFNC3QJRK

A842L2FQHK2XU2PT

A842L2HJZR962659

A842L2PJRF2FS5JA

A842L2T5FT48JQ3K

A842L3LYZASP87LQ

A842L2XDWRS8DSDH

i didn't proofread any of these so if there's a typo and they don't work sorry also let me know. i have a bunch more of each so feel free to pm me too

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Grabbed the fifth of the Tornadus codes, thanks!

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

oddium posted:

A842L2T5FT48JQ3K

Thank you! Took this one, the 7th tornadus code

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Took the 6th Tornadus code, thanks!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Should I pick between red or blue, or just go with yellow (on virutal console)?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rick posted:

Look at which version has the Pokemon you really want. Buy that one.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

oddium posted:

A842L2FQHK2XU2PT

Took this one, the 4th one, thank you.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Mierenneuker posted:

Thanks! Bisharp it is.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Rick posted:

Get yellow, you can get all the starter pokemon in it if I remember correctly. The only differences between red and blue are pokemons you can catch throughout the game, but I'd trade all that trash to have squirtle charmander and bulbasaur along with a stronger pikachu.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Nitramster posted:

Get yellow, you can get all the starter pokemon in it if I remember correctly. The only differences between red and blue are pokemons you can catch throughout the game, but I'd trade all that trash to have squirtle charmander and bulbasaur along with a stronger pikachu.

If you trade them to the newer games you'll get their HAs too so that's a sweet bonus

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The only ones unobtainable in yellow are mostly references to the anime. Raichu, Weedle, Ekans, Koffing, and Meowth. Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, and Mew are unavailable as well but considering how early it was in the franchise they might have had a different role planned.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Also if Mew is on your mind, you can get it in blue and red, but it won't let you transfer it to the pokebank for use in any other game. I just tried recently.

Edit: Personal update, I just finished Moon and most of the post game stuff, I'm just waiting for my eevee eggs to hatch in the spa in poke polego. So I picked up Ultra Sun!

Question: If I want to play Gen 2, Heart Gold and Soul Silver would be way better than playing it on the virtual console right?

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 18, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nitramster posted:

Question: If I want to play Gen 2, Heart Gold and Soul Silver would be way better than playing it on the virtual console right?

Undeniably. It fails to fix Gen 2's flaws but it also doesn't add any while adding a few new things and updating everything to Gen 4 standards (except, you know, those horrid loading times) so I'd definitely recommend it before the horribly outdated GSC.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

oddium posted:

A8Z9852X556JW2X2

A8Z984YCMD72T5CL

A8Z984U2NFPJF2H8

A8Z984TKXTY8C83Z

A8Z984QUXFDLWKRY

A8Z984QHTR9XWN84

A8Z984QF6L67ZYLE

A8Z984P4FK4QSM4M

A842KZNQXCTL7M2T

A842L2AWH6MG2C5P

A842L2OXFNC3QJRK

A842L2FQHK2XU2PT

A842L2HJZR962659

A842L2PJRF2FS5JA

A842L2T5FT48JQ3K

A842L3LYZASP87LQ

A842L2XDWRS8DSDH

i didn't proofread any of these so if there's a typo and they don't work sorry also let me know. i have a bunch more of each so feel free to pm me too

Took the next-to last one. Thanks.

Guthix Curnir
Mar 21, 2011

oddium posted:

A842KZNQXCTL7M2T

Took this one, first of the Thundurus. Thanks!

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

oddium posted:

A8Z9852X556JW2X2

A8Z984YCMD72T5CL

A8Z984U2NFPJF2H8

A8Z984TKXTY8C83Z

A8Z984QUXFDLWKRY

A8Z984QHTR9XWN84

A8Z984QF6L67ZYLE

A8Z984P4FK4QSM4M

A842KZNQXCTL7M2T

A842L2AWH6MG2C5P

A842L2OXFNC3QJRK

A842L2FQHK2XU2PT

A842L2HJZR962659

A842L2PJRF2FS5JA

A842L2T5FT48JQ3K

A842L3LYZASP87LQ

A842L2XDWRS8DSDH

I took the very first code, since I got ultra sun you hooked me up with both, I hope I can return the favor in the future.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Nitramster posted:

Also if Mew is on your mind, you can get it in blue and red, but it won't let you transfer it to the pokebank for use in any other game. I just tried recently.

It will if you name your trainer GF. There's a stupid convoluted way to make your trainer name GF if you didn't do that at the start involving a level 100 pidgey, but it's a lot easier to just name your trainer GF.

Nitramster posted:

If you want all the starter pokemon in red/blue, name your trainer WiZardq. All three starters available on the shore of Cinnabar Isle. There's a much less complicated way to get those without naming your trainer WiZardq in comparison to Mew, involving flying away from trainers and Ditto, but that's still the easiest way.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I grabbed the second Thundurus.

A842L2AWH6MG2C5P

Thanks!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pokemon thread, I approach you with a request:

I need an Own Tempo Rockruff (as I'm resetting my game).

However, I need the purple nectar on it when traded. I decided I'm doing my "All Ghost" run and given that's a postgame item, I would like someone to pass it on quickly.

There may or may not be a code in it for you! (I'll see how many I can grab tomorrow).

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

oddium posted:

A842L2XDWRS8DSDH

Took this last one, thanks!

Also, I tried the third one (A842L2OXFNC3QJRK) and it said it was incorrect. Not sure if it was already taken or if that means there's a typo.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Nitramster posted:

it's worth sharing- you can easily clone pokemon in the VC versions of gold/silver/crystal, there's also a glitch in gold & silver that allows you to convert any pokemon into a shiny.
And yes they transfer just fine to the 3DS games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

iospace posted:

Pokemon thread, I approach you with a request:

I need an Own Tempo Rockruff (as I'm resetting my game).

However, I need the purple nectar on it when traded. I decided I'm doing my "All Ghost" run and given that's a postgame item, I would like someone to pass it on quickly.

There may or may not be a code in it for you! (I'll see how many I can grab tomorrow).

Helping iospace out will get you a Shiny Zygarde Code.