Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
It's important to not settle when pushing for progressive policies, if only to shift the overton window in the future:

Crusader Kings 2 stream with Virgil, Matt, and Patrick Wyman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Someone posted this in another thread.
https://twitter.com/mekosoff/status/1019296647464005632

I hope that's supposed to be satire, but I'm not sure. It would make a good reading series though, just to make everyone extremely angry.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Matt should play something that gamers think is beautifully written with complex themes but is actually simplistic trash for idiot gamers, like Life is Strange

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Eezee posted:

Someone posted this in another thread.
https://twitter.com/mekosoff/status/1019296647464005632

I hope that's supposed to be satire, but I'm not sure. It would make a good reading series though, just to make everyone extremely angry.

It don't know if it's sponsored content but on my phone immediately after the diary and before the analysis, there is a phone number provided for a suicide and depression hotline. It's like they knew people would actually read this lmao

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Matt should play something that gamers think is beautifully written with complex themes but is actually simplistic trash for idiot gamers, like Life is Strange

lol at thinking “gamers” didn’t get themselves into a reactionary huff over that one

bioshock maybe

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

alpha protocol exploited the strengths of the medium better than any other game i have played. not reading the replies to this.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheBigAristotle posted:

Please, someone send help, I just rolled my eyes so hard that they're stuck

https://twitter.com/lin_manuel/status/1019190030387073025

Excuse me, is this a literal children's book for adults?

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

Matt should play KOTOR 2 to see the light of video games.

edit: I partially take this back because the single biggest hit against video games is that KOTOR 2 was never given the chance to be completed and is now forgotten in KOTOR canon.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lin manuel is going to sell a book of his tweets to grown rear end adults

first of all

lil b did it first

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Matt should play Phoenix Wright. He'd probably like it

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
The refinery29 article is not satire, but it's definitely not 100% real. They're doing it for the hateclicks

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

OmanyteJackson posted:

someone I work with has a sign on their cube that says "I can't adult today" and I groan inside every time I walk by it. He's probably pre-ordering this

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1019394644411482112

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
iirc the tutorial mission is beating up a drunk in the parking lot of the bing while silvio looks on

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

OmanyteJackson posted:

What’s the point. Adults already have children’s books for themselves, they are called videogames.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Anybody in this thread will enjoy today's Struggle Session, just give it 12 minutes.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
wrong thread

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Antares posted:

alpha protocol exploited the strengths of the medium better than any other game i have played. not reading the replies to this.

Anyone who doesn't like Alpha Protocol is no friend of mine

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Anybody in this thread will enjoy today's Struggle Session, just give it 12 minutes.

Oh hell yes.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

mgs is not the series you should be using to say "actually games are worthwhile as their own medium".

At least unlike other games with similar cutscene length, most RPGs for instance, MGS gameplay is fascinating and variable enough in its own right that it doesn't just turn into a pipeline to the cutscenes

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

matt should play half-life, it's a game about a private-defense contractor loving up and ushering forth the hellworld, and then you get to steal valor by fighting the deep state

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Antares posted:

i see someone hasn’t played bloodborne.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i looked up "jonny sun" and it was corrected to "jomny sun"

lmbo can't even spell the name on your promo right, lin

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The Muppets On PCP posted:

iirc the tutorial mission is beating up a drunk in the parking lot of the bing while silvio looks on

goty

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:newlol:

The episode is pretty depressing, actually, although Virgil has had some good lines.

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 18, 2018

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I really like they're doing all these bonus episodes that are focused on serious topics/interviews/etc. Frees up the 'main' episodes to be funny poo poo and lets them kinda focus in on a topic that's important rather than sandwich 'hey sex workers are being treated like loving animals and no one cares on either side in power because they're seen as less than human anyway' between 'a twenty minute riff on what if The Noid ran for president on the libertarian ticket' and 'reading some weird tradcath's rant about how if you let a woman leave the house you might as well just loving burn a church down you savage'.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I could listen to Matt talk about assassinations for hours on end. :allears:

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.

Bryter posted:

No, super duper no

There are millions of people in New York who aren't the dorks you're rubbing shoulders with

why exactly do you think i said "these dorks"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Eegah! posted:

Matt should play KOTOR 2 to see the light of video games.

edit: I partially take this back because the single biggest hit against video games is that KOTOR 2 was never given the chance to be completed and is now forgotten in KOTOR canon.

there's a Restoration Mod that fixes everything and adds stuff back in

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

prefect posted:

:newlol:

The episode is pretty depressing, actually, although Virgil has had some good lines.

after listening to it I kinda agreed with this tweet
https://twitter.com/Bitter_Pat/status/1014145196353875968

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Troy Queef posted:

I dunno; I find "it shouldn't be illegal to do our job" fairly persuasive. :shrug:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Troy Queef posted:

any used car salesmen murdered due to lemon laws?

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 18, 2018

Serf
May 5, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

i found the support for decriminalization over legalization weird at first but then i realized that if we were the legalize it the right way that wouldn't be very different from decriminalization

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

prefect posted:

I dunno; I find "it shouldn't be illegal to do our job" fairly persuasive. :shrug:

Also the bit about "cops shouldn't be allowed to rape us and throw us in jail," I'd even go so far as to say that rape is bad!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Very normal dude there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Troy Queef posted:

dumb whores concerned about their job's legal and social status making them victims of violence and oppression, am I right?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

virgil in the ready player one episode is making me laugh p hard.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

terrorist ambulance posted:

I play a shitload of games and his criticism is Correct and True and the amount of boring "well, actually, metal gear solid..." push back that he gets just reaffirms his thesis that gamers are dumb with rotten fruit brains

I don't disagree. I just want his thesis to come with some examples of what he means that aren't from the periphery of gaming, like people dying over mmo's or stuff like that. That isn't to say that doesn't illustrate what he means. Because from what i can tell he is only concerned with the immediate material repercussions of gaming rather than anything to do with the subjective aspects of the experience itself. It's just it would help more people to come around to what he means if he could actually point to x or y.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If I remember right, he got more into that in his solo guest spot on No Cartridge Required: in short, it's no surprise that someone who spends most of their waking hours in an immersive simulation designed to entertain them would have reactionary politics and dehumanize other people.

Like, what is PUA poo poo but thinking that women aren't human and seduction is about technique and "dialogue options"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Are swatting deaths an indictment of the police, gamers, or gamer police trained to shoot first by video games based on methods of policing?