Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Sorry I am stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

Changed my mind, the Zombie Horse from Part 7 is the most Magic thing in the series, I still don't understand what that was

Yeah this poo poo right here is what gets me. Just out of nowhere "hey, the king of naples put some string on a wall, go pick it up and sew yourself back together" so suddenly there's just this magic string that may or may not be a stand that can be used to sew people back together.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did the zombie horse ever come up again after they got it?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Ball Boys stitch themselves up fairly often IIRC

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

The Sixth Sense came out in America August 1999. Jail House Lock began December 2001.

You're telling me there's that much of a delay, huh?

The movie delays certainly feel that long sometimes.

They use it off-panel between fights, that's why their wounds heal. Probably. I guess.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The last time I remember it showing up in panel is during the tattoo you fight but in that part, I think it was gyro begging the other patrons for some string or something so it almost comes off like the zombie horse isn't just a limited string but can allow people to use pretty much any string for stitching themselves back up? Idk

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

The last time it's explicitly used is after Johnny gets shot IIRC.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish wekapipo and is dumb hair got to be around for more stuff, I liked his ability and drat he went out like a chump in that classic near-the-end-of-the-part araki way where people just start dying and you don't get much time to mourn before it's on to the next death or to continue the action

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

rip hot pants.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wonder if the Part 5 anime is going to rearrange things so that Rolling Stone comes at a better time than literally stuck onto the end of the series after the climax.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Buy all the Golden Wind Blu-Rays to get the Rolling Stone OVA a year later

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Waffleman_ posted:

I wonder if the Part 5 anime is going to rearrange things so that Rolling Stone comes at a better time than literally stuck onto the end of the series after the climax.

I mean where would you put it though?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't think you "get" part 5

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I used to not like Rolling Stones but now I think it's pretty cool. Everyone in Passione knows Bruno is going to die and probably them too, they're Sleeping Slaves to Fate but they're dedication to each other will be what saves them as they still proceed onward anyway.

It also makes Fugo's departure sadder as he's lost that trust the rest of his friends have in each other. It's def in a weird place but you really kinda have to put it at the end

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

yeah actually they will posted:

I don't think you "get" part 5

I mean....I haven't actually read it since before it got the good translation, so maybe I don't.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If it was moved at all, it'd probably work decently enough to add the beginning part of it as a breather between some of the fights between them being targeted by la squadra and being targeted by Diavolo's personal guard but withhold the actual ending part showing who was destined to die until after the finale

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It works fine where it is, I'm so confused

It is a really nice coda

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

If it was moved at all, it'd probably work decently enough to add the beginning part of it as a breather between some of the fights between them being targeted by la squadra and being targeted by Diavolo's personal guard but withhold the actual ending part showing who was destined to die until after the finale
The thing is the stone turns into Bruno in the second chapter of Sleeping Slaves and Mista instantly recognizes it as such, the reveal isn't that it was Bruno All Along. it'd just kinda be dishonest to the viewer that way

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
god I love that the kanji on Rolling Stones, 凶, is written with four strokes. Mista Was Right

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I didn't really like Rolling Stones since it felt pretty arbitrary and after the fact. Like, it foretold everyone who died within a span of a couple weeks, why would it only show within that amount of time? I realize the series lives and dies by the rule of cool, but that part didn't really do it for me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

I used to not like Rolling Stones but now I think it's pretty cool. Everyone in Passione knows Bruno is going to die and probably them too, they're Sleeping Slaves to Fate but they're dedication to each other will be what saves them as they still proceed onward anyway.

It also makes Fugo's departure sadder as he's lost that trust the rest of his friends have in each other. It's def in a weird place but you really kinda have to put it at the end

Didn’t Araki say he planned for Fugo to come back on Diavolo’s side but it was too depressing

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

EmmyOk posted:

Didn’t Araki say he planned for Fugo to come back on Diavolo’s side but it was too depressing
I think so yeah. Taking it a step further I think he hinted it had something to do with some real life drama going on in his life around that time.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah the actually sourced Araki Said was that originally Fugo would be more loyal to Diavolo than Bruno, acting as a mole and would eventually be killed by Giorno, but the idea of friends betraying and killing each other was too much for him

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm pretty sure Straits is the only time in all of Jojo that Araki plays the "friend is now a traitor and a bad guy" card.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does Dio Brando count?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm pretty sure Straits is the only time in all of Jojo that Araki plays the "friend is now a traitor and a bad guy" card.

Does Weather Report going nuts for a while after getting his memory back count?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
No because Weather was never evil, just a pissed the hell off his brother left him in jail for twenty years, he still wanted Pucci's head. People probably died from turning into snails, but hey he couldn't control Heavy Weather

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

RatHat posted:

Does Dio Brando count?

Friends don't kill friends dogs

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean....I haven't actually read it since before it got the good translation, so maybe I don't.

Not maybe. You definitely don't.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Improbable Lobster posted:

Friends don't kill friends dogs

I think they were talking about part 7 Dio.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Kintarotpc/status/1019438931111219200?s=19

Tenouttaten, game a da year

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The next chapter of Jojolion should be dropping soon, right?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

We are still working on it. Give us a few more hours and it will be ready

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it generally does come out on the 18th, yeah. sometime around then, usually.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

We are still working on it. Give us a few more hours and it will be ready

I hope my question didn't come off as impatient. I have a hard time remembering when monthly chapters drop.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I hope my question didn't come off as impatient. I have a hard time remembering when monthly chapters drop.

Oh no! Not at all. The raws we work with did not come in when they generally do so today has been a mad dash to make it all happen in a decent timeframe.

It's allllmost done. I'll link when it goes up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think you mean it's almoooooou~st done.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/Kewl0210/status/1019764668171157504

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Mitsuba's temple crumbling away got me real bad. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/Bracketier/status/1019768542927970311