Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Hard choice for me between Toffoli and Niederreiter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
Furnaceface (until 12 PM EST)
Aye Doc (x2)
Furnaceface
i am the bird
Yaya
Jamwad Hilder

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

drat, I had no idea Schneider was 32. I would have guessed 27-28.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Apparently everyone still hates Chicago because Im somehow able to select Duncan "Elbows" Keith in the 7th round. Sure he is in decline and had a terrible season last year, but I attribute most of that to being tethered to Brent Seabrook.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JoelJoel posted:

It's because weird Canucks fans (you know which one) kept calling him a young prospect when he was already like 26.

Eddie Lack was the same way, he's 30.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

write ups to come but Aye select:
Fat Pat, Patrick Maroon and Bruce "The Juice" Boudreau

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Aye Doc posted:

write ups to come but Aye select:
Fat Pat, Patrick Maroon and Bruce "The Juice" Boudreau

There's a fatter head coach! Two maybe.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

JoelJoel posted:

yea I thought he was like 30, but I had already posted it when I went to fill out the spreadsheet

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Quick post from work while on break, gimme the Mathieu Perreault.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'll be boarding the Wayne Train for my next pick. He was still decent despite playing as a corpse, and I think I can milk a good contract year out of him if he gets some rest and recovery this offseason.

x - Seguin - DeBrincat
x - Johansen - Simmonds

Slavin - Subban
Lindell - Faulk

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'm taking Quinn Hughes because I'm obscenely biased and also T-Bone keeps drafting teenagers so I'm doing this while I still can

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Paul Stastny

He seems to get hurt every year, but he can definitely still play. He's on the wrong side of 30, but his current deal is only for three years so I'm not shackled to him forever. I think he's a nice addition to my top 6.

Pacioretty-Kuznetsov-Marner
van Riemsdyk-Stastny-

Krug-Theodore

Schneider

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Yaya posted:

I'm taking Quinn Hughes because I'm obscenely biased and also T-Bone keeps drafting teenagers so I'm doing this while I still can

He looked pretty good for the US at the WC although I feel like a year in the AHL would be good for him (or maybe another year at Michigan).

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Let me take my boy Darnell Nurse.

Burakovsky - Couturier - Stone
Kreider - x - x

Hedman - Manson
Nurse - x

Hellebuyck

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

JoelJoel posted:

There's a fatter head coach! Two maybe.

yes but are there coaches who exude fatness in the way that Ketchup Boudreau does?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Mamma Lucia's magical RNG machine has picked out Troy Brouwer

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Mentholmoose wants the very good but oh geez look at that contract David Krejci

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
gently caress defense heckin yeah rad speedy dudes

i will free him from his hell on earth

give me Andreas Athanasiou

e:

Ovechkin - Bjugstad - Smith
Forsberg - Wennberg - Arvidsson
Athanasiou - xxxxxxx - Miller

goooaaaalllllllzzzzzz

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 19, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Toronto Maple Leafs select Riley Nash.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Anaheim Ducks of Anaheim would like to select Martin Hanzal. When he's healthy he's a pretty productive player and his wowy chart is still pretty good. Sure he's broken a lot, but hey whatever. This organization is backing Hanzal on being healthy enough to play 3C for like 60 games? Maybe? He also fell of a cliff last season, but we're hoping giving him either Landeskog or Johnny Gaudreau will drag him up in that regard. Finally, and most importantly, Hanzal has a litany of offenses: Fined 2k for diving, Charging Jeff Petry earning 2 games and a 75k fine, High Sticking David Booth earning a 5k fine, and our personal favorite of Boarding Dustin Brown earning a 1 game suspension in the post season.

Edit: Ginette Reno 4pm
Good Soldier Svejk
Drunk Canuck
T-Bone
a false

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Aye Doc posted:

yes but are there coaches who exude fatness in the way that Ketchup Boudreau does?

One's a "holy poo poo, he got faaaat!" and the other's "drat, did he lose some weight or just get old? He still looks fat as poo poo but now he seems to droop"

So, no, but there's variety out there.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I guess I'm kinda becoming the Pittsburgh Devils by doing this but I'll take Kyle Palmieri. He's in his prime and good for 25-30 goals and should remain that way for another 5-6 years.

Tkachuk-Hischier-Pastrnak
Toffoli-Staal-Palmieri

Spurgeon

Murray

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Due Up:
Good Soldier Svejk (5:04 PM ET)
Drunk Canuck
T-Bone
a false
HootTheOwl

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Couture - Staal - Kane
Perreault - x - Zuccarello

Keith - Burns

Lundqvist

Still better at this than Bergevin.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
god drat it i just want to make my freakin pick!!!

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Teemu Pokemon posted:

gently caress defense heckin yeah rad speedy dudes

i will free him from his hell on earth

give me Andreas Athanasiou

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sorry guys, I was on the metro.
Elias Lindholm because 40 consistent points and a guy who can pinch as a center is good enough for the second line. And I have 2 Lindholms now.

Keller - Scheifele - Mantha
Patrick - E. Lindholm

H. Lindholm - Parayko

Dubnyk

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Uh I guess D Brian Dumoulin

Next:
T-Bone 7:33
a false
HootTheOwl

Drunk Canuck fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 19, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The next teenager on my list is Martin Necas who played for the Czechs at the WC and is expected to make Carolina this year. He could form one of the better 1-2 punches in the league in a few years if he and Svechnikov mesh well.

Here's what Pronman had to say about him midseason:

quote:

Necas was one of the best players at the recent world juniors, he made the Hurricanes briefly out of camp as an 18-year-old and he has been good in the top Czech league. He’s a dynamic center who can control a shift. His skating and skill both get very high grades. Few defensemen can stop him when he gets going through the neutral zone. What impresses me about his skill isn’t the pretty plays he can make, but how he executes them so consistently and uses his skill to create space to make plays. He needs to get stronger and improve his play off the puck a bit, and I’d like to see him score a tad more versus pros, but I have little doubt he can be an impact player in the NHL.

This moves Pettersson over to LW where he has played some.

Mittlestadt-Eichel-Zadina
Pettersson-Necas-

Dahlin-Heiskanen
McAvoy-

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
that is a player that I wanted, but not quite as much as I want RW Kirill Kaprizov, who in this universe is guaranteed to come over and play for my team

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I was thinking about taking him but yeah the 2020 KHL stuff bothers me even if he's really great

Here's Pronman again on Kappy

quote:

Kaprizov has been the top scorer for one of the top teams in the KHL this season. He stands out in so many ways. He skates very well, is a great playmaker and stick handler who makes plays at pro speed, and can finish chances, too. I don’t think he’s fantastic defensively, but he’s decent, has killed penalties at times this KHL season and can win some puck battles despite not being the biggest guy. The only downside for Kaprizov from an NHL standpoint is, well, if he’ll ever come to the NHL. He is signed in the KHL through 2019-20 after re-signing in the summer, and I’ll continue to rate him as an NHL prospect until the end of that deal.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Time for another bonafide hoot the owl pick!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Man 70 point players on the board and people are drafting "maybe" nhl'ers for next year :psyduck:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

stab posted:

Man 70 point players on the board and people are drafting "maybe" nhl'ers for next year :psyduck:

Gimmicks rule them all.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
my gimmick is drafting a team that would be a contender for in (and for) 5 seasons

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hf disease

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

stab posted:

may i refer you to the thread title

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

stab posted:

I have this argument every year but gimmicks aside I think prospects are severely undervalued assuming we're drafting like an actual NHL franchise

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Drunk Canuck posted:

Uh I guess D Brian Dumoulin

Next:
T-Bone 7:33
a false
HootTheOwl

He's pretty good. Good shot suppressor who can also actually pass the puck and skate. His shot is a wet noodle though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

corn on the cop posted:

may i refer you to the thread title

Oh i get that. But if the prospects ceiling is less than whats avilable why the gently caress would you draft the prospect