Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
This is the best possible backstory reveal that I could have ever hoped for.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

What exactly did you do, Hitomi??

I forgot to mention it earlier, but there is now an anime thread as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm betting Nitta is the prime minister.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
This series is amazing.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Holy poo poo

Watch Hitomi stumble into launching a world-destroying plan by accidentally being competent

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Still doesn't explain Nitta's role!!!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Torquemadras posted:

Holy poo poo

Watch Hitomi stumble into launching a world-destroying plan by accidentally being competent

The only person competent enough to stop Hitomi...

Is Hitomi.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Anora posted:

The only person competent enough to stop Hitomi...

Is Hitomi.

Don't be a fool. It's never that simple. You think Hitomi hasn't made allowances in her plans for a past Hitomi attempting to alter the timeline and stop them?

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

LostRook posted:

Huh, just realized they removed Nitta's tattoo. I wonder if that's a Japan S&P thing or self-censorship.

Japan is still mired in the tattoo = criminal mentality, the slightest bit of innocuous ink is shocking enough that businesses may turn you away. It's probably a Think of The Children thing, like excising booze, cigarettes, and excess violence, but no idea whether it's based in any kind of broadcast code or just a self-imposed move to make Nitta a little more mainstream friendly

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
They probably also add a mountain of work to depict on a moving character.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Still doesn't explain Nitta's role!!!

prime minister obviously

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I want a hitomi spinoff

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Hitomi you did it

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Good adaptation so far and that last chapter was just really on point. A super absurd route to the dark future and great reactions all around (though Nitta and Hitomi's kinda take the cake). Such a fun series.

IsBlue
Jul 12, 2006
Look! Title text!
New chapter

Not even Hitomi can stop Hitomi

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fuckin' rocksion.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hitomi's biggest weakness is being Hitomi

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Hitomi is going to do great as president of america

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Holy poo poo calling back to Hitomi's english is incredible. Page 115 is one of the best in the whole series.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hitomi can only fall upwards

Sindai posted:

Holy poo poo calling back to Hitomi's english is incredible. Page 115 is one of the best in the whole series.

Hitomi's going to loving snipe someone before the story ends.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 20, 2018

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
she just can't help herself

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Watching the anime is a great way to experience the early chapters again. It’s funny to see hitomi get herself into situations with such low stakes and get the whiplash from the past few chapters

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sad News?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
It really is going to turn out that she was born during a trip to Hawaii or something, isn't it? She wasn't a company president in the future, she was the US President in the future.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

The Sandman posted:

It really is going to turn out that she was born during a trip to Hawaii or something, isn't it? She wasn't a company president in the future, she was the US President in the future.

I mean, when police/whatever talk about someone as 'the president' it's kinda obvious.

They are going to change the constitution to get her in though.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Utako continues to slowly disappear from the OP and ED, and the ED for this episode in particular diverges considerably.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Chapter 78, in which we learn just how much Nitta loves vases.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i expected a vaseline joke

i like how he has a special vase room now

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Hina's smile. :unsmith:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
that last page is so sweet :3:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Nitta my dogg what did Utako do to you man

Also, the wall scroll in the vase room reads ‘vases rule’.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
And Nitta's reputation grows, just by being a good dad slash vase otaku.

This manga and Nozaki are my favorite ongoing comedies. Genuine laughs, every chapter.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Nitta boring her to death was everything I could've hoped for.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Nitta boring her to death was everything I could've hoped for.

And he kept offering her outs!

Nitta understands this is a weird hobby most people aren't into. What a nice monster who lives only for blood, violence, money, and fine vases.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
The anime finished and I wanted more Hinamatsuri, so I caught up with the manga and now I want more Hinamatsuri

help

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

The anime finished and I wanted more Hinamatsuri, so I caught up with the manga and now I want more Hinamatsuri

help

Watch the anime again.

Then, after you are done re-watching the anime, read the manga again.

Rinse and repeat.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Hinamatsuri 79. Where we learn not to support your friend's delusions. Also, does Mami not remember that Hina has psychic powers or something?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

L-O-N posted:

Hinamatsuri 79. Where we learn not to support your friend's delusions. Also, does Mami not remember that Hina has psychic powers or something?

Mami's pretty dumb.

I mean, she's in the complete idiot class with Hina, and Hina wasn't awake for a single lesson in middle school.

(Honestly, post time-skip, Hina's seemed passably bright when she applies herself.)

Besides, from her prospective, it's easier to believe in UFOs AND psychics than to think Hina'd scam her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's pretty shocking how much Hina has grown as a person from who she used to be.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Being guildmaster has taught her valuable life lessons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i am having a lot of trouble remembering who some of the characters are and why hina is now old