Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

CitizenKain posted:

I know I shouldn't be letting premium time going to waste, but I can't bring myself to play this because I'm in a good mood and I don't want this to poo poo on it.
Premium time is like $12 a month, sanity is priceless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

CitizenKain posted:

I know I shouldn't be letting premium time going to waste, but I can't bring myself to play this because I'm in a good mood and I don't want this to poo poo on it.
Good call, I have had a nightmare few days. Cycling between Gearing/Yueyang/Grozovoi/Zao games and it has been awful.

When I played well, my team fail cascaded like it was their job - when it mattered, I made terrible decisions. Mixed in those last 45 games are at least 3 or 4 ZERO damage games where I made terrible newbie mistakes. Pushing too hard, turning into torpedoes, repairing a fire and then eating a flooding torpedo...list goes on. Sometimes you just gotta eject.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Today's sale ship is the ATLANTA.

It is -50%, and also -50% in the tech-tree shop, so I picked it up for 4500 doubloons.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Reapplied into BOATC

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
You should not do this, but you could:

quote:

During GO NAVY! event, there will be a "common" container in the premium shop, which contains 2x10 team tokens.

There will also be team-containers (which include 450 coal) in the Arsenal for 5 tokens each.

So you can buy 1.800 coal with each common container from the premium shop.

That means you can get the Salem for 133 of these containers.

If each container costs 3-5 Euros, you can get the Salem for 399-665 Euros.
:shepspends:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Darkrenown posted:

You should not do this, but you could:

:shepspends:

You know, I often say I throw money at Wargaming too much; however, who in their right mind wants to spend $500 to $800 on the Salem?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ZombieLenin posted:

You know, I often say I throw money at Wargaming too much; however, who in their right mind wants to spend $500 to $800 on the Salem?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

whoa creepy

how did you find a pic of me

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Is it safe to say that the only way to get Fujin/Kamikaze/Kamikaze R at this point is through like a Santa crate? I missed out on all of them and it makes me sad.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The fujin was sold last halloween I think.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I just want a god drat Belfast :(

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Der Shovel posted:

Today's sale ship is the ATLANTA.

It is -50%, and also -50% in the tech-tree shop, so I picked it up for 4500 doubloons.

Decided to finally buy it and HOLY poo poo.

First game, tier 9.

WOW! I sat behind an Island at A cap on Estuary and just machine gunned everything that came in, including a Freddie who immediately regretted his decision. Realllly tempted to build a dedicated captain for this ship as my only good one is the DM captain which doesn't have BFT. A gud bote.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The good news is you can use the lol-lanta captain on the new light cruiser line and the Massachusetts.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The good news is you can use the lol-lanta captain on the new light cruiser line and the Massachusetts.
Ya I may retrain my DM captain for it and run Halsey when I get him for DM. Seems like a better fit, although the shell tracer colors would be funny on Atlanta.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

cheese posted:

Decided to finally buy it and HOLY poo poo.

First game, tier 9.

WOW! I sat behind an Island at A cap on Estuary and just machine gunned everything that came in, including a Freddie who immediately regretted his decision. Realllly tempted to build a dedicated captain for this ship as my only good one is the DM captain which doesn't have BFT. A gud bote.

Lolanta is amazing. However, I wouldn't advise BFT for it. For 3 points it gives you .3 seconds of reload, and makes your amazing AA marginally more amazing. For a dedicated Lolanta capt I would do PT/AR/DE/CE/IFHE/AFT/PM in that order. To share with USN CL I would just switch DE for SI, since the upper tier USN CL's get 500 consumables. Also after you get AFT, I highly suggest playing carrier matches with AA turned off until you are air detected. If they are approaching it's already too late for them to turn around before they get into your mid range, and you absolutely demolish near-tier planes with DFAA on so quickly it's hilarious.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Yeah, if you were using a dm capt and thought the lol-anta was good then, wait until you try the lol-anta with ifhe. And if you were running ifhe on your dm, you made a poor choice in skills anyway and need to correct that. My dedicated/now cl captain skipped CE for now just to have ifhe and aft. However, that is a personal thing and does require a change in personal play to account for it.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

JuffoWup posted:

Yeah, if you were using a dm capt and thought the lol-anta was good then, wait until you try the lol-anta with ifhe. And if you were running ifhe on your dm, you made a poor choice in skills anyway and need to correct that. My dedicated/now cl captain skipped CE for now just to have ifhe and aft. However, that is a personal thing and does require a change in personal play to account for it.

I actually opt not to run AFT or IFHE on my lolanta (I am making a DD/atlanta gunbote captain for it) because the ability to ambush/gank someone then drop into stealth is really nice.

My 19 point Cleveland captain opted for DE and PM instead of AFT, and it seems to work fine. Of course, I am debating converting it into a viable Massachusetts captain....

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Blindeye posted:

I actually opt not to run AFT or IFHE on my lolanta (I am making a DD/atlanta gunbote captain for it) because the ability to ambush/gank someone then drop into stealth is really nice.

My 19 point Cleveland captain opted for DE and PM instead of AFT, and it seems to work fine. Of course, I am debating converting it into a viable Massachusetts captain....

IFHE on Lolanta is almost mandatory. For a ton of the targets you run into its literally "do you want to do damage? y/n". You can still run CE with it. Also, there is no possible way of making a dual purpose DD/Lolanta captain because Lolanta will never want to take SE (the absolute only choice on all DDs that are actually DDs for your third pick). Also DDs must run LS second pick, whereas this is pretty much a waste on cruisers.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

toadee posted:

IFHE on Lolanta is almost mandatory. For a ton of the targets you run into its literally "do you want to do damage? y/n". You can still run CE with it. Also, there is no possible way of making a dual purpose DD/Lolanta captain because Lolanta will never want to take SE (the absolute only choice on all DDs that are actually DDs for your third pick). Also DDs must run LS second pick, whereas this is pretty much a waste on cruisers.

I mean right now it is

SA, AR, BFT, CE, SI. That is 13 points, leaving 6 for SE, LS, and PM.

It is sort of a team support/cap domination build that also works for my Sims and Kidd.

Blindeye fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 18, 2018

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

I respecced leaving myself 1 point short of AFT. Holy poo poo 11.1km range is rough.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
I bought the Smith because it looked funny and it is indeed funny but I'm garbage at it. Does anyone have an experience with it?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I was watching Jingles tonight and saw NTRabbit and someone from BOATC in the enemy team in the 2nd game here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x59X4axdVuE
As it turns out, Jingles also thinks NTR has terrible WoWS opinions :ssh:

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Darkrenown posted:

I was watching Jingles tonight and saw NTRabbit and someone from BOATC in the enemy team in the 2nd game here:
No premium consumables on a tier X, I can't watch

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

cheese posted:

No premium consumables on a tier X, I can't watch

I had Notser in a Yamato (on the enemy team) get detonated last night. That was amusing... of course, less amusing was when the team threw the game too. Three idiots, including both DDs, being held up by a single Hindenburg (that they never actually sunk), while the rest of their team picked the rest of us apart one by one.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Lord Koth posted:

I had Notser in a Yamato (on the enemy team) get detonated last night. That was amusing... of course, less amusing was when the team threw the game too. Three idiots, including both DDs, being held up by a single Hindenburg (that they never actually sunk), while the rest of their team picked the rest of us apart one by one.

I beat Notser's team when he had a Kronhstadt and I had an NC. It was a confederate/high caliber/fireproof/dreadnaught game just pushing their weak flank hard while spamming MUST IMPRESS NOTSER after each of 4 kills.

He seemed amused.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Notser in general seems like an guy whose just having fun with the game.

Also the updated Ultimate Frontier is the scenario of the week and is no long ball-bustingly difficult for folks that are into that.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

Darkrenown posted:

I love killing players in the goon clans, despite not being in a clan myself. I murdered a someone in a Mass from BOATC Mass in my Hindy the other day, I should start taking screenshots.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Just blew past the NCal with FreeXP to pick up Iowa. Jesu Christo, this puppy can MOVE. It's an entirely different experience.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

mik posted:

I love killing players in the goon clans, despite not being in a clan myself. I murdered a someone in a Mass from BOATC Mass in my Hindy the other day, I should start taking screenshots.

looking forward to your kill-shot of a ship susceptible to long range he spam in a ship designed for long range he spam 2 tiers higher.

:patriot:

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Cobbsprite posted:

Just blew past the NCal with FreeXP to pick up Iowa. Jesu Christo, this puppy can MOVE. It's an entirely different experience.

at tier the nc is almost certainly better than the iowa

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

looking forward to your kill-shot of a ship susceptible to long range he spam in a ship designed for long range he spam 2 tiers higher.

:patriot:

the rng gods all lined up the other day and at 13km i got 5 citadels from a single volley on a yamato, devstriking him, in my mass. it will never happen again.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

DonkeyHotay posted:

at tier the nc is almost certainly better than the iowa

Bullshit. Every Tier VIII I play right now gets uptierred into Tier X matches. Guarantee I have a better time with Iowa. And since I didn't have to pay out the cash for NoCal, I could buy Iowa right away.

DonkeyHotay posted:

the rng gods all lined up the other day and at 13km i got 5 citadels from a single volley on a yamato, devstriking him, in my mass. it will never happen again.

Might be less uncommon than you think, I got 3 cits into a Montana from about 11km with a Mass, same match where I ate a DD and an FDG with secondaries. The description says that Mass's guns are low-accuracy, but I've found them nothing but devastating.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Darkrenown posted:

We talked about this when it happened a few weeks ago. Jingles is super wrong about most of it, the Bismarck shouldn't have rammed, and I should have turned around and let them die instead of pushing into a bad situation.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Blasphemy. Ramming is never wrong :colbert:
(Today my Kongo's guns couldn't shoot where I aimed for crap and no one would let me ram them to at least have a laugh about it. Gneisenau had to torp me, New Mexico had to have perfect convergance on my bow :negative:)

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

I am a salty failboat with a bad understanding of games and a low seamen count.

You can't argue with Jingle's final point. Bismark was on the top of the team's scoreboard. Our friend Horatio Nelson in the Akizuki was at the absolute bottom.

(I mean, Jingles was right about all of it. All along. Every word. But even you can't be so wrong as to dispute which number is bigger.)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cobbsprite posted:

You can't argue with Jingle's final point. Bismark was on the top of the team's scoreboard. Our friend Horatio Nelson in the Akizuki was at the absolute bottom.

(I mean, Jingles was right about all of it. All along. Every word. But even you can't be so wrong as to dispute which number is bigger.)

Yes I absolutely can, because the only reason the Bismarck is on top of the scoreboard is from all the damage it racked up in the failed ram. If the Bismarck had done the smart thing and turned to shoot at it while angled instead and let me torpedo it, my Akizuki would have been near the top, the Bismarck in the middle, and we'd both have lived to continue the battle. Jingles doesn't know poo poo.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

Yes I absolutely can, because the only reason the Bismarck is on top of the scoreboard is from all the damage it racked up in the failed ram. If the Bismarck had done the smart thing and turned to shoot at it while angled instead and let me torpedo it, my Akizuki would have been near the top, the Bismarck in the middle, and we'd both have lived to continue the battle. Jingles doesn't know poo poo.

The correct answer is you failed at everything by turning into a raging child in front of the whole world over a dumb game.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

toadee posted:

The correct answer is you failed at everything by turning into a raging child in front of the whole world over a dumb game.

It’s this.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

toadee posted:

What kind of stroke are you setting up for yourself by internalising the rage every match instead of unleashing it on pubbies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Notser in general seems like an guy whose just having fun with the game.

Also the updated Ultimate Frontier is the scenario of the week and is no long ball-bustingly difficult for folks that are into that.

Noster is my favorite CC for this very reason. Most of the others seem like try hard cry babies, “oh my god you didn’t fix the mini map render issue exactly like I proscribed! Hurrrr...” I am looking at you Flamu.

Flamu literally seems like a person for whom, if I met in real life and discussed anything with, I would struggle with my instinctual desire to punch in the face.