Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
To me this division has a bit of mystery, especially when it comes to the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos. Nobody really knows how good those three teams are going to be, although to me the Raiders look like the worst team in the division but that could be deceptive. The Chargers are going to win the division barring something extraordinary but one of the other teams could sneak a wildcard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The last 8 years have been either Denver or KC I just realized.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The last non-Denver/KC team to win the AFC West was the Chargers in 2009, and at the time that was their fourth straight division title

E: lol I had no idea that the Buccaneers played in the AFC West in their expansion season

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 13, 2018

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Play posted:

To me this division has a bit of mystery, especially when it comes to the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos. Nobody really knows how good those three teams are going to be, although to me the Raiders look like the worst team in the division but that could be deceptive. The Chargers are going to win the division barring something extraordinary but one of the other teams could sneak a wildcard.
Unfortunately for them the Chargers are cursed and a series of unlikely and unfortunate events will befall them (it's already started with Hunter Henry)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Losing Henry sucks but it's far from a crippling blow

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Play posted:

Oh the Raiders are definitely the worst team in the division but that doesn't mean they can't win and go to the playoffs.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

The Broncos have a bad coach and will therefore be bad. The Chiefs will win the division, probably.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm not prepared to say anything either way on the Chiefs because we know basically nothing about Mahomes' game and also can't tell if the defense will function well. Tons of amazing players there though, especially on offense but when the entire thing is based on an essentially rookie quarterback, who loving knows man

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm prepared for Mahomes to be on the high side of average and lead the Chiefs to a 12-4 campaign that ends with a first round bye and a loss in the divisional round to the *chucks dart at wall* Ravens.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fun fact Reid has never had a QB throw for more than 14 picks and that was Vick.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I can't wait for week 1

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I think the Chiefs will do just fine on offense, it's the defense mainly that concerns a bit. But it's especially hard to evaluate defenses in the offseason

a neat cape posted:

I can't wait for week 1

Hell I'm all charged up for the Hall of Fame game. Which is essentially a preseason game between the Ravens and the Bears lmao. Still I'm excited

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Chargers would be my least surprising letdown.

This division is going to be a tight 3 way race and Denver will play 16 games or something. Still glad they passed on Rosen.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
it's gonna own when chubb and miller make mahomes look like tyler thigpen

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

piss tape israel posted:

it's gonna own when chubb and miller make mahomes look like tyler thigpen

Tyler Thigpen was somehow not the main problem with that particular team. Craziest coaching job I've ever seen because lord was he untalented and bad.

Well also craziest lovely roster and coaching everywhere else I guess.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The one thing this division does better than any other is rush the passer.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Also I just reminded myself that Arizona State hired Herm Edwards, who then complained about the Devils nickname and didn't understand what a modern jersey looks like and man I can't wait.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Give me Thigpen over Cassel any day

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Also I just reminded myself that Arizona State hired Herm Edwards, who then complained about the Devils nickname and didn't understand what a modern jersey looks like and man I can't wait.

Same

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I wonder if he still plans to have a 45 man roster :lol:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Tom Flores and Greg Papa got fired. What a dumb stupid bullshit idea.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Flores was fading but Papa is the best guy in the league

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Papa should be doing national broadcasts. I'm gonna miss him. That game against the Texans after Al died was amazing.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Rumor is Papa has been pushing for the Niners pbp spot, guess we'll get more info on Monday when he's back from vacation. Flores, who should be in the loving HoF, should have gone years ago. Noted casual racist Brent Musburger will be calling Raider games for the next couple years.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I hear Papa on XM. He’s p good.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Happy B-day to my favorite Raider of all time

https://twitter.com/RAIDERS/status/1021077457863086081

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

and RIP this guy

https://twitter.com/derekcarrqb/status/1021086738821701632

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'll bury a football in his honor

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

warcrimes posted:

Happy B-day to my favorite Raider of all time

https://twitter.com/RAIDERS/status/1021077457863086081

He should honestly be everyone's favorite Raider.

First wide receiver to win the Heisman Trophy.
NFL rookie-season record for most combined yards gained, with 2,317 (1988).
NFL record 10 consecutive seasons with at least 75 receptions
NFL record for consecutive seasons with at least 5 touchdowns receptions (11) - shared with Marvin Harrison, Don Hutson, Cris Carter, Terrell Owens, Frank Gore and Jerry Rice
NFL record for being the oldest player ever to score a touchdown on special teams - (35 years, 140 days) 85-yard punt return
NFL record for most consecutive games with two receptions (147 games, 1993–2002)
NFL record for being the oldest player with 12+ receptions in a single game - (36 years, 97 days): 10/27/02 @ KC Chiefs, 13 receptions, 144 receiving yards
NFL record for consecutive starts by a wide receiver: 176
Only player to have 1,600 receiving yards against four different teams (Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Seahawks)
Holds the following team records with the Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders:
Games (240) and seasons (16) played
Touchdowns (104)
Receiving (14,734 yards, 1,070 receptions, 99 touchdowns)
Punt return (3,272 punt-return yards, 320 punt returns, 3 punt returns for touchdowns)
All-purpose yards (19,431)
Yards from scrimmage (14,924)

He did all that with mostly garbage Quarterbacks

dude was amazing and I loved watching him play

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Black Sunshine posted:

dude was amazing and I loved watching him play

I was pissed when he was waiting to get into the hall and I have absolutely no love for the Raiders.

In a way his career is even more impressive if you think of what he might have done on offense if Al didn't force him to keep returning punts for like 15 seasons or however long it was. A man's gotta rest a little.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I was pissed when he was waiting to get into the hall and I have absolutely no love for the Raiders.

Same.

As good as Jerry Rice was, I'll always remember him as a 49er. Tim Brown is the greatest Raider I've ever seen play

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

In a way his career is even more impressive if you think of what he might have done on offense if Al didn't force him to keep returning punts for like 15 seasons or however long it was. A man's gotta rest a little.

Or if they had a QB worth a poo poo for almost the entirety of his career. Also one of the guys that had a severe falling out with Al that Mark brought back.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I remember when Tim Brown was a restricted free agent in like '93 or '94 and the Broncos signed him to an offer sheet, only to have the Raiders match it at the very last minute. loving Al Davis!

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

He also blew out his knee his second season, back when that was about a career ender and basically reinvented himself on the fly as well. Tim Brown is really underrated as far as all-time great WRs go.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Post your favorite and most hated player from your three rivals

Raiders:

Favorite - Tim Brown
Most hated - Tyvon Branch

Broncos:

Favorite - Rod Smith
Most hated - Tom Nalen

Chiefs:

Favorite - Tony Gonzalez
Most hated - Priest Holmes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chargers:

Favorite: Junior Seau
Most hated: Shawne Merriman

Broncos

Favorite: Terrell Davis
Most hated: Bill Romanowski

Raiders

Favorite: Marcus Allen
Most hated: Bill Romanowski

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Chargers:

Favorite - Seyi Ajirotutu
Most hated - Shawne Merriman

Broncos:

Favorite - Kyle Orton
Most hated - Tom Nalen

Chiefs:

Favorite - Dante Hall
Most hated - Marcus Peters

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My favorite rival AFC West player is Shannon Sharpe by far, least favorite is John Elway

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My favorite non-Broncos AFCW player overall is Randy Moss. Least is Romanowski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape posted:

Post your favorite and most hated player from your three rivals

Raiders: