Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Crabtree posted:

poo poo, its like this show was a conspiracy of Raph and Donnie fans to make a series that made them better.

Not to start an argument re: Mikey’s natural talent or Leo’s dedication, but they’ve always been better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Inkspot posted:

Not to start an argument re: Mikey’s natural talent or Leo’s dedication, but they’ve always been better.

eh, Raph has always been dead last IMO as far as the video games go.
Don is always #1 though, as confirmed by the TMNT Splatfest.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Inkspot posted:

Oh no, even here Mikey's a ninjitsu natural prodigy. He's just a little positive ball of love and more interested in art. He don't need no leadership poo poo, even if he could be better than everyone else if he actually tried.

But it does seem like they are deliberately giving the stuff that usually makes Donnie the weaker and younger of the brothers to Leo so he's more of the snarky middle kid that hangs out with Mikey. Which is just loving weird because its Leo - who the poo poo wants to hang out with Leonardo?

If anything Donnie tries the most in Rise of TMNT because he's a soft shelled turtle, so he has to build battle shells to protect himself in a fight and has confidence in his abilities in and out of battle more than usual, it seems.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 16, 2018

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Leonardo is the best turtle :colbert:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I'll be happy to be proven wrong. If it ever happens.

The Leo/Mikey and Raph/Don dynamics have needed fleshing out FOREVER though, and I can't figure out why they haven't been for almost 35 years. If the personality shifts help Rise pull that off, I'll be thrilled.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Anyway more rugrats

https://deadline.com/2018/07/rugrats-revival-series-nickelodeon-live-action-movie-paramount-1202427458/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

And marvel rising trailer
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1018993681318100992?s=19

Man, comic con is gonna be loving packed with animation:

Netflix will probably have trailers for She-Ra, Dragon Prince, Voltron S7 and Disenchantment.
Marvel will promote Marvel Rising, Avengers Assemble S4 and what's coming up in Spider-man S2.
DC has Young Justice and probably stuff for Justice League Action
Nick i'm expecting a full trailer for the Zim movie, another one for Rocko (with a release date), more on Rise of the TMNT. I was gonna say another TV Movie would be announced, but this new Rugrats series is probably it.
Disney most likely a date for the next season of Star Vs, maybe a teaser trailer for The Owl House.
CN a trailer and date for the rest of the Steven Universe season we're at, promote the current slate in general, maybe something for Infinity Train and Victor & Valentino.

And next week has a massive theater release of a 2D Traditionally Animated Movie even

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 17, 2018

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Wow, that's... the least convincing dialogue I've heard in a long time. It sounds like it's been translated overly literally from a foreign language or something.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/caudlewag/status/1018898041775026181?s=21

Gumball is still good. Also the pizza couple are flat earth anarchists.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Nick i'm expecting a full trailer for the Zim movie,

My heart explodes with joy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/caudlewag/status/1018898041775026181?s=21

Gumball is still good. Also the pizza couple are flat earth anarchists.

Is it just because they think of the world as a giant pizza?

I will never get over the fact that a lot cartoonist now are a bunch anime nerds that aren't afraid to show it, it rules.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Inkspot posted:

I'll be happy to be proven wrong. If it ever happens.

The Leo/Mikey and Raph/Don dynamics have needed fleshing out FOREVER though, and I can't figure out why they haven't been for almost 35 years. If the personality shifts help Rise pull that off, I'll be thrilled.

2012 series had a fun episode where after having spent most of the show headbutting over April, Don and Casey Jones finally find an interest they can bond over; restoring cars. (Casey also mentions being a fan of anime)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope Raph stays the leader. This series has been remade a million times, why not shake things up a little? Go crazy! Leo can go back to being the leader in the next reboot.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

All I want out of this is a moment where She Ra has a dark transformation, the designers drop all pretense, and make her look like a blonde Utena.
And one episode featuring a cameo of Skeletor at full fantastic ham if that is not asking too much.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Rhonne posted:

I hope Raph stays the leader. This series has been remade a million times, why not shake things up a little? Go crazy! Leo can go back to being the leader in the next reboot.

You say this like the other animated shows didn't shake things up compared to the last one. 2003 ramped up the stakes, introduced some serious continuity, and borrowed more heavily from the original comics. 2012 made April and Casey the same age as the turtles, gave at least half the cast new backgrounds and characteristics, and homaged a lot of the previous incarnations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's possible that this is all just to set up a coming of age story for Leo becoming leader. It makes me think a lot of what Transformers Animated did to Optimus Prime, making him some idealistic kid who eventually takes over the Autobot Empire instead of the old man he is in other incarnations.

What I'm most curious about is what the changeup in turtle dynamics will mean for Dan McCoy of the Flophouse.

The new She-Ra looks pretty nice, and definitely leagues better than the original 80s garbage.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Can someone throw me a link to the Rugrats trailer? I just heard about it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
https://mobile.twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/1019261411657158660

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I am not sure what those people are on about, the art looks great.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

hell, same

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Unlucky7 posted:

Yeah I mean I dunno about wanting to gently caress the characters but I don't know how anyone can say the new show's art looks worse than the old one's.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Seriously what the hell, at least dummies had the flimsy excuse of something like nuThundercats actually being butt ugly, the artwork they're showing for this looks really good though. :confused:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's because She-Ra looks "boyish," even though she's clearly on the femme side.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Can someone throw me a link to the Rugrats trailer? I just heard about it.

No trailer yet, just an announcement that it's happening.

There'll probably be a very slight teaser later this week because Comic Con.

There is a trailer for Season 5 of Avengers, aka "Escape from AA Art Style"
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07/17/marvels-avengers-black-panthers-quest-is-avengers-assemble-season-5
Nothing too particularly striking, but that action scene at the end was pretty interesting. Cheap, but still impressive and dynamic.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Unlucky7 posted:

The only comment I have is that she looks like she needs to master the elements to defeat the Fire Lord, but that's hardly a criticism.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

They want to masturbate to her.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The art looks nice, but I really want to see what it looks like in motion.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rhonne posted:

The art looks nice, but I really want to see what it looks like in motion.

I don't think Netflix/Dreamworks have shat the bed in that department yet so I think we should be fine.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jul 18, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
New She-Ra looks like it might be good, and will likely be very, very anime.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-07-19/cartoon-network-debuts-mega-man-fully-charged-animated-show-on-august-5/.134428

The new bad Mega Man design is back.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

This is intensely ugly.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

They're gonna dump this all at once and then never air it again.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

paradoxGentleman posted:

This is intensely ugly.
It's ok if it's airing on Disney Kids and teaching them about science/coding.

It's... it's not is it?

Quick someone check that neckbeard's twatter to see if he's as incensed about this one.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

This is intensely ugly.

A knock-off Mega Man, where they don't even bother using a synonym but just words that look close enough to non-English speakers, like "Nega Mam".

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Finally, they created a Megaman design that's worse than Bad Box Art Megaman.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The thing I'm most upset about is that Mega Man's secret identity is Aki Light.

Come on, Rocky is RIGHT THERE.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

I really don't understand what's the point of putting together these crappy shows and then dropping them all on the air like a bag full of rotting fish. Surely they don't expect this to get views?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Since it'll be airing in Canada on a channel owned by the production studio, I'm assuming this is just another instance of Cartoon Network picking up cheap schedule filler from Canada.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

those filthy canadians, offloading their garbage television onto our pure american airwaves

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

And I guess they don't need to actually make something worth watching, because since networks HAVE to put Canadian programming on the air, they are pretty much guaranteed a spot, uh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

To be fair they'd be doing that if it was the second coming of christ.