Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i cant believe pat and woolie poisoned matt to get liam back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i always knew matt was gonna face/off with somebody i just didn't expect liam

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the way Matt and Woolie misunderstand The Council's skill leveling system is killing me

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh yeah, dental infections are no joke. I had a molar split in half(pebble in rice = party all night) and within the half day it took to get to the dentist to remove the tooth the open air to the jawbone had spread infection to the bone itself, I was REALLY lucky and got a lot of antibiotics immediately because infection right there is just just a hop skip and a jump away from your brain or other sensitive and important tissues. If it spread from his teeth into the bone it can get real gnarly. Hope he's doing okay.

When I was in high school, one of my wisdom teeth got impacted from growing into one of my upper molars and then it became infected. When I was finally able to see the dentist, about a week from when it had really started to bother me, he straight up told me that if I had waited any longer I likely would've lost a portion of my maxilla due to the abscess.

Dental stuff goes from bad to worse in an alarming amount of time.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Tokyo Mirage #67 is a pretty wild and whackey episode, and I'm saying this as someone who only started watching the LP recently and thus has no idea what anything or who anyone is.

Matt's "this is a bad look for Barry!" while Barry flails pathetically makes me lose it every time.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matt reading out the song lyrics whilst Woolie slowly dies might be the highlight of the entire LP.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I'd rather Paige than Liam like, a thousand times over. I mean Pat and Paige's chat has been joking about it the past few months but she has gotten so good at the ole video game streamery.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

a cartoon duck posted:

the way Matt and Woolie misunderstand The Council's skill leveling system is killing me

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

To be fair, there are probably ways that the interface could probably be improved to make it more intuitive... but I feel like they could have figured out how it actually worked if they'd just stopped for like 10 seconds to actually read how spending xp works.

I do hope they continue playing through The Council, but I also hope they give it another go with a fresh start and a better understanding of how the game works.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Nilbop posted:

I'd rather Paige than Liam like, a thousand times over. I mean Pat and Paige's chat has been joking about it the past few months but she has gotten so good at the ole video game streamery.

Pat and Paige talked about her and Matt doing a stream sometime, and tbh, the game's too long, but if they did Deadly Premonition, well, that'd be the best LP ever.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I was listening to the podcast at work and boy now I have to watch that barry episode

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

OH MAN

THIS IS EVERYTHING I FEARED /AND MORE/

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Matt yelling 'DID JOSS WHEDON WRITE THIS' fuckin killed me

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
finally the cowards at SBFP play the only fighting game with a dedicated fart button

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

finally the cowards at SBFP play the only fighting game with a dedicated fart button
SOUTH PARK!?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Scrublords is a fuckin' doozy this week, the bizzare mechanic for when fireballs were blocked made me laugh like a lunatic

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

So I'm just going through Detroit: 1st Gig and I got to the part where the FBI have taken over the case and Hank and Connor are kicked off it, with Hank saying to Connor "Maybe we're on the wrong side!" And it's the payoff I've been looking for because I love the Clancy Brown character and ... Matt makes a dumb joke and Pat picks the absolute worst option and Hank instantly hates Connor again as he's just sat there spouting "No, humans are our masters!" And I just yelled "For gently caress's sake, not AGAIN!" and turned off the video.

I'm sat here wondering if I can even stand watching another 6 episodes where Hank hates Connor.

Also if someone wants to tell me this wasn't a critical path decision and it doesn't really affect anything please feel free!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Nilbop posted:

So I'm just going through Detroit: 1st Gig and I got to the part where the FBI have taken over the case and Hank and Connor are kicked off it, with Hank saying to Connor "Maybe we're on the wrong side!" And it's the payoff I've been looking for because I love the Clancy Brown character and ... Matt makes a dumb joke and Pat picks the absolute worst option and Hank instantly hates Connor again as he's just sat there spouting "No, humans are our masters!" And I just yelled "For gently caress's sake, not AGAIN!" and turned off the video.

I'm sat here wondering if I can even stand watching another 6 episodes where Hank hates Connor.

Also if someone wants to tell me this wasn't a critical path decision and it doesn't really affect anything please feel free!

If you're getting this wound up over watching a bunch of idiots make bad decisions while playing a David Cage game,this might not be the LP for you.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Finish 1st gig so you can watch 2nd where they know eeeeeeverything

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I've poured myself a white russian and I'm powering through it.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yeah there's a reason they're doing a 2nd run and it isn't cuz the 1st one went super good

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I honestly thought they had played Tattoo Assassins years ago...

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Captain Invictus posted:

Finish 1st gig so you can watch 2nd where they know eeeeeeverything

Seriously the 2nd gig is the best because how snarky/smartass they are being about everything.

I never get tired of them dunking on Alice.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

If you're getting this wound up over watching a bunch of idiots make bad decisions while playing a David Cage game,this might not be the LP for you.

Do you think we should tell him about the one where Liam drops by or let him get there on his own?

Shindragon posted:

Seriously the 2nd gig is the best because how snarky/smartass they are being about everything.

I wish Pat had his brain like with Geography class in the Bully LP so there'd be no threat of Hank (opinion) go down.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Also [CRAZY TALK] activated again cuz Pat forgot that Hank actually thanks Connor for saving him. It’s funny how he wants to be Hanks friend but boy does he keep messing up

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Tattoo Assassins looks like it was something conceived and designed by a 12 year old yet its preceded by images of people who are clearly in their 20's.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Tattoo assassins never came out? I had somehow missed that tidbit of information lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Tattoo Assassins looks like it was something conceived and designed by a 12 year old yet its preceded by images of people who are clearly in their 20's.

AKA the 90s.

edit: I'm enjoying this CHAOTIC NEUTRAL run of Detroid: Become Hooman.

Dias fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 21, 2018

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm slowly catching up with the 2nd gig, but I love that segment where Pat used all the Hank Clues to try and make Hank Go Up, yet hosed it all up and got negative 1 in that sequence.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm slowly catching up with the 2nd gig, but I love that segment where Pat used all the Hank Clues to try and make Hank Go Up, yet hosed it all up and got negative 1 in that sequence.

That was one of those things I really liked, it was funny watching some people complain like "I wish it didn't tell me I got a specific clue thing, now I know it's the right choice!" and proceed to get yelled at or otherwise dunked for not thinking about their dialogue, I appreciate unlockable paths being very much 'wrong' choices sometimes.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

The Deleter posted:

Matt reading out the song lyrics whilst Woolie slowly dies might be the highlight of the entire LP.

Makes me nostalgic for Night in the Woods

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Yardbomb posted:

That was one of those things I really liked, it was funny watching some people complain like "I wish it didn't tell me I got a specific clue thing, now I know it's the right choice!" and proceed to get yelled at or otherwise dunked for not thinking about their dialogue, I appreciate unlockable paths being very much 'wrong' choices sometimes.

It is a cool idea, but it's also hard to tell which ones will be good based on one word prompts sometimes. Like, you can't know if Connor will approach a personal subject tactfully in a way that causes Hank to open up and bond, or if Connor will be obliviously blunt or rude.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Yo those combo con highlights are savage tho

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
BREAK THE GLASS TIME

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh man neat Matt's doing NMH2.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Woolie's finally on the icon, and it's with just as much effort as you'd expect. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They're going to die eight times on that sun mirror puzzle, I can feel it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1-nvFXWW_E

I wonder if they'll chain Woolie down when RE 6 happens.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh.. the other glass. Nice.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hoobajoo posted:

It is a cool idea, but it's also hard to tell which ones will be good based on one word prompts sometimes. Like, you can't know if Connor will approach a personal subject tactfully in a way that causes Hank to open up and bond, or if Connor will be obliviously blunt or rude.

Reminds me of when I was playing Fallout 4 and I picked a "sarcastic" response and my character did a Cole Phelps-esque "YOU STILL WANNA GO?! BRING IT ON". I quickly installed the mod that made the conversation options more explicit after that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
This is pure SBF, 15 minutes and they end up ditching the PC version for the PS4 version of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've wanted to see them play RE5 for SO LONG