Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
My favorite part of the trailer is Jason Todd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That doesn't work in Canada and it sounds like I'm better off.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

That doesn't work in Canada and it sounds like I'm better off.

Ill spoil it for and you will be happy.
imagine supernatural mashed with teen titans and add dark edgy teen angst. all the titans but beast boy kill someone in the trailer. gently caress batman.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm going to at least check out DC Universe for Teen Titans s3 and see how good their digital backlog service is so hell, I'll take a look at the Robin Show featuring Swears

Speaking of

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That titans trailer was not good

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Not even a little bit.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Damnit, Keiron, this is why they won't let you write Nightwing!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
That Titans trailer straight up looks like a fan film "trailer" with slightly more money than average. Like I am seriously reminded of stuff like the Grayson trailer and various other things like that. Which is not exactly inspiring me to want to get this service.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hey I didn't know Jason Todd was in the show.

That show looks dire.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm just glad they are doing a shared universe with the movies.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Damnit, Keiron, this is why they won't let you write Nightwing!

apparently he actually deleted this tweet because people were taking it too seriously :(

anyway, Titans trailer is just a few degrees removed from being a Zack Snyder's Teen Titans parody video. Add a few more F-bombs, blood spurts, and neck snaps, and lower the production values, and you'd be there.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That trailer is basically the Superman snapping Zod's neck scene on a loop with Crawling by Linkin Park over it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I enjoyed seeing Dove, the character that preaches peace, be super violent. Also Starfire incinerating people.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It really is kind of incredible how dedicated DC is to ignoring the vast wave of people repeatedly saying for several decades "stop making everything pointlessly grim."

Like, I remember thinking "this is getting beyond parody" more than ten years ago.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

gently caress... Batman?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

It really is kind of incredible how dedicated DC is to ignoring the vast wave of people repeatedly saying for several decades "stop making everything pointlessly grim."

Like, I remember thinking "this is getting beyond parody" more than ten years ago.

Most of, if not all of, dcs tv offerings are fairly lighthearted mixed with relationship drama.

Since this is made for their streaming service, they appear to be taking a page out of the marvel Netflix show playbook.

It doesn't look like a good show.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Most of, if not all of, dcs tv offerings are fairly lighthearted mixed with relationship drama.

Since this is made for their streaming service, they appear to be taking a page out of the marvel Netflix show playbook.

why would anyone think that that tone is a good match for the Teen Titans property, though

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Teen Titans Go gently caress Yourself

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

Wait. This isn't on Hulu or something? DC made a streaming service like people are going to pay for it specifically to watch non-CW DC shows?

Yes, I'm sure it will be as well received as your movies. :rolleyes:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Barry Convex posted:

why would anyone think that that tone is a good match for the Teen Titans property, though

Especially with the animated movie coming out. I don't know how they thought having Suicide Squad on Arrow was going to confuse people but not this.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 19, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Proteus Jones posted:

Wait. This isn't on Hulu or something? DC made a streaming service like people are going to pay for it specifically to watch non-CW DC shows?

It is tied with the comics service that is launching late 2018/early 2019

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah it reminds me of CBS starting it's own subscription based streaming service.

Barry Convex posted:

I dont know, but I assume it is because the teen titans brand has a strong following already and has a semi-diverse cast (though removing cyborg and replacing him with two white people is dumb) gaining them some extra demos in marketing. Suicide squad was a surprise smash hit for them in the film department, and maybe they want to tap into that in the tv realm to see if itll work. :shrug:

Looks bad to me fwiw.

E: I havent read the teen titans comics, but havent the comics also been in a serious grim tone for large swaths of their runs?

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 19, 2018

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The Swamp Thing show had better look more interesting than that, or else I'm going to be super disappointed. :arghfist:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

JordanKai posted:

The Swamp Thing show had better look more interesting than that, or else I'm going to be super disappointed. :arghfist:

I want it to be good, but tv budgets give little hope

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Teen Titans NO!

Teen Titans Go gently caress Batman

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

It's Marvel Unlimited plus TV shows.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MacheteZombie posted:

Man, DC half assing it and poorly copying Marvel? How unlikely

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

It's Marvel Unlimited plus TV shows.

Is this fully confirmed yet, because I saw an explanation a couple of weeks ago that said something more along the lines of getting "a selection of comics each month" I guess as a way to introduce people into more current series. Granted, this seemed to be someone's explanation rather than a press release, so they could have been confused.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Soooo Titans was filmed awhile back long before the backlash to BVS right? That's the only way I can explain that tone of that trailer and even then it doesn't make sense.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

ToastyPotato posted:

Is this fully confirmed yet, because I saw an explanation a couple of weeks ago that said something more along the lines of getting "a selection of comics each month" I guess as a way to introduce people into more current series. Granted, this seemed to be someone's explanation rather than a press release, so they could have been confused.

DC released a little more information about the service today. $7.99/month isn't terrible?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

That's funny because I just got an email where they were trying to entice me to sign up for an entire year at like $73 and I would be entered to win two tickets to the premiere of Aquaman! Oooooo

I mean, that's the cheaper option than monthly, but give me some better incentives.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I just saw the trailer for Titans.

LO loving L.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

7.99 is similarly priced to Hulu and Crunchyroll and both of those have way more content. The comics library would make it worth if we had more evidence that it was most of their catalog. That articles says "hundreds" of comics. There have been "hundreds" of issues of Batman alone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

7.99 is similarly priced to Hulu and Crunchyroll and both of those have way more content. The comics library would make it worth if we had more evidence that it was most of their catalog. That articles says "hundreds" of comics. There have been "hundreds" of issues of Batman alone.

Will this be the issues involving the loving of Batman,?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

The Verge article I posted in the DC thread says 2,000 to 3,000 "titles," but we know DC Universe has a merchandise store attached to it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Will this be the issues involving the loving of Batman,?

It's all Frank Miller.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

pubic works project posted:

give me some better incentives.

All the DC Movies in the current continuity but Wonder Woman.

Joke answer: At they're trying to give you the one thing those movies can't give you now: Hope (for a good DC movie).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I am loving the meltdown in the CD thread over Titans.

"Anyone who hated MoS and BvS better not say they like this!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
launching a streaming service of middling value, kickstarted with a terrible looking trailer is galaxy brain marketing