Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

I'm apparently rich now?

Still trying to figure out if poe trade is legit about this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I think you just won the game.

I'd say it's legit since the amulet it makes is selling for a shitload of ex as well.

vvv Well now I know who has the biggest balls ever

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 19, 2018

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Pretty much. It makes https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/MYp88LsJ

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Yeah you're filthy rich, grats.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The guy selling a vaal'd one of those amulets is a ballsy motherfucker.

theshim
May 1, 2012

paging ciaphas to the thread, someone's stealing your thunder

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Gotta admit. For something apparently worth so much it had a very anticlimactic drop.

It also makes up for not getting a single raw exalted drop all season so far.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 19, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you are using the first version of neversinks filter from this league it doesnt have any special highlighting compared to the other vials i dont think. in later version he added a higher tier of vials with the big dick drop sound/highlight

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

RosaParksOfDip posted:

The guy selling a vaal'd one of those amulets is a ballsy motherfucker.

What was the corrupted implicit? Because I think it's gone.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Wrath and Grace increased effect.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I still don't understand why that amulet is so expensive, what build uses it?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It makes you go fast like Headhunter. Except usually even faster.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Using that amulet I was able to get my Whirling Blades to go so fast that it would rubberband, on lockstep. It could clear Blood Aquaducts in under 20 seconds after triggering your first vaal skill.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

http://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=Zerphis-Heart&heatmap

Top 4 are Poet's Pen builds.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Cinara posted:

Using that amulet I was able to get my Whirling Blades to go so fast that it would rubberband, on lockstep.
this happens pretty often with whirling blades even without a 60ex amulet

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Awesome! posted:

this happens pretty often with whirling blades even without a 60ex amulet

For me it only happened reliably once I hit ~200 Soul Eater stacks, once it got to that point Whirling Blades would bounce me back and forth and often go nowhere. I ended up swapping to predictive to "solve" it.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It's because when you're holding down the Whirling Blades button it is being sent to the server as separate actions of "use WB to point X" where X is where the cursor is. Suppose you're going in a straight line from location 0 to location 100. If you hit enough Soul Eater stacks you go so fast that the server sees you as being at position 80, but your camera has only moved to position 20. Therefore, when you click 30 units in front of you, the game sends a signal to "use WB towards position 50", which because you're at position 80 server side the game interprets as "use WB backwards."

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

event details https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2187588/

theshim
May 1, 2012

Pretty bog-standard Flashback at this point :v:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

non void league events are trash!!!!!!!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Spend a couple hours leveling to 35 for the box then wait for the next league, got it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

gonna get to 35 and go back to playing incursion

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Awesome! posted:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Mover posted:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Congrats on getting your degree

J
Jun 10, 2001

Mover posted:

but muh standard

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

whypick1 posted:

Congrats on getting your degree

ty, I'm finally qualified to say that peoples passive trees are lovely

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Looks like another flashback to end the league - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2187588/page/1#p15700211

Similar mechanics as last one, run in parallel with Incursion with prizes at various levels.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Awesome! posted:

uh why? it looks like Incursion++

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Well I ended up selling that amulet for 95ex. Time to make some really stupid builds until season ends.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Buy a headhunter and one really stupid build.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Any recommendations on a build with high clear speed and Uber elder viable for flashback? Ideally one that is unlikely to be nerfed or receive minimal nerfs as I’ll probably roll it for the next league if it goes well.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Flashback is the ideal time to play Zerphi's VD Poet's Pens Pathfinder! The flask will be a couple chaos because it's a very common drop from Perandus zones, and the rest of the gear isn't too expensive.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

uh why? it looks like Incursion++

i still have a lot of "to-do" stuff in my incursion stash and lots of money and id rather just make use of all my stuff for awhile than start over for the 1 month and then again next league.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I'm torn but I think I'll probably remake the Arc totems Heiro I ran in Beastiary and see if I can figure out this whole shaping the atlas thing. Essence Worm is the only real required thing and I can farm up a tabula easy enough which will last me to red maps.

Have got to say Mathil's BV Chief is a very tempting alternative.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Cinara posted:

Flashback is the ideal time to play Zerphi's VD Poet's Pens Pathfinder! The flask will be a couple chaos because it's a very common drop from Perandus zones, and the rest of the gear isn't too expensive.

Be warned, in such a scenario, the priciest part of the gear will be the jewels that increase mana cost. Get tons of vaal orbs and start vaaling.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I finally got Tentacle Wings after so many hours wanting them. yay!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I've seen a few people recommend an Essence Worm socketed with Wrath for various Arc builds, and I'm kind of wondering why you'd use that over a ring with spell damage, elemental damage, spell crit chance/multiplier, etc.

Also, does leech work with traps if they deal the appropriate damage type?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

I've seen a few people recommend an Essence Worm socketed with Wrath for various Arc builds, and I'm kind of wondering why you'd use that over a ring with spell damage, elemental damage, spell crit chance/multiplier, etc.

Also, does leech work with traps if they deal the appropriate damage type?

because they use Mind over Matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Leech does not work with traps because it has to be *you* doing the damage, and if you're throwing traps *they* do the damage. So there's a few mechanics that depend on *you* that you can work with, like boot enchants.