Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The White Dragon posted:

i only had the one extracted because it was putting pressure on my normal molars, and it was in my late twenties. but i did fine with just tylenol, because that was my options. vicodin, or tylenol.

and :420: cake, because you can't smoke after you have an extraction

why didnt you take the vicodin? I had all four removed and I was glad to be in a vicodin daze for a week or so. Same with my vasectomy, when I got home though I also ate some edible pot and took double the recommended vicodin on top of whatever they gave me to calm me down at the doctors office then I ended up barfing for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i only just recently watched fire walk with me and the first episode of the return.... wow
i've never seen a movie carry a tone throughout itself so strong like FWWM does

by the time i finished it, i had a headache, felt nauseated and went to take a nap.

it's now one of my favorite movies

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mak0rz posted:

Mandibuloplasty?

In the prelude to a hiking trip and I thought at the time that one of the worst things that could happen was that my wisdom teeth start to cause issues during said trip. Instead on that trip everything went very quickly to hell to the point that even if my wisdom teeth were still there and causing problems, it would not have made too much of difference to how badly everything else was going.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I had two impacted wisdom teeth, not too painful but they decided to take all four out. Was good poo poo, tbh. They knocked me out because they thought they might have to break a cheekbone, but ended up not having to; woke up on a recovery bed and took vicodin for a week and never thought about it again.

(A lot more pleasant than my later experiences with supernumary tooth removal, tbh.)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yall saying it will put me out for a week is not encouraging.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Doorknob Slobber posted:

why didnt you take the vicodin? I had all four removed and I was glad to be in a vicodin daze for a week or so. Same with my vasectomy, when I got home though I also ate some edible pot and took double the recommended vicodin on top of whatever they gave me to calm me down at the doctors office then I ended up barfing for some reason

because i fuckin hate opioids. it's a brilliant tool designed to dispense your money, to greedy fucklords, at the expense of your physiological wellbeing

chumbler posted:

i didn't even get sleep dentistry so tbh i was back to normal by the next day, short of being unable to smoke or vape for the next few months

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 20, 2018

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

chumbler posted:

I dunno what they are talking about tbh. Depends on how the procedure is performed and I guess the quality of your surgeon.

For perspective: All four of my wisdom teeth were removed in the same operation, two of which had to be sawed into little bits because their roots were deformed into claws that wrapped around a major nerve and couldn't be extracted normally. I wasn't put under during the operation and the only painkillers I needed post-op were ibuprofen and the occasional bag of frozen peas. I had to take a ton of valium before the operation though.

Considering that I was still able to continue living normally (except for being unable to eat solid foods) in like a day. After a few days I could eat soft solids and normal foods not long after that, just making sure to chew carefully and clean regularly with salt water.

Easy peasy and now ten years later I don't have to worry about my teeth causing me even more grief than the operation ever could have :sun:

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 20, 2018

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

chumbler posted:

It's a little inevitable -- you're pulling bones out of your body, in one of the most sensitive parts of your body.

You're not gonna be completely knocked out for a week, but your jaw is definitely going to be sore and swollen for a few days, and you will want to write off at least two days for surgery day and the day after. (You have to form some blood clots in your gums to protect the bone/nerves while they heal, or you run the risk of dry socket disease; that means minimal jaw movement and very careful eating/drinking for a day or two.) Swelling and pain tapered off after the third or fourth day for me, and the gums were fully healed after about 2-3 weeks.

Totally worth it, tbh, especially if it's already causing you problems.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Get a pillow you don't care about so you can droolbleed all over it while you rest up.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

nero angelo 2 is DEAD. i KILLED him

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Colonel posted:

nero angelo 2 is DEAD. i KILLED him

i'm glad you were the one to fill his dark soul with light

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

corn in the bible posted:

i'm glad you were the one to fill his dark soul with light

good news i have one more nero angelo fight

bad news i have two more griffon fights first

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I can’t tell if you’re having fun

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

chumbler posted:

I had a friend that had local and was drinking Pepsi that night. Hit his karate class the next morning.

Me? I was out of commission for three weeks pretty much (slow healing, sensitivity) but I got them out late and have other health problems. No real lasting issues although it is a bit of an odd experience, no sugar coating that although really it's more annoying then anything. I know someone older who keeps putting it off despite it causing quality of life issues every once in awhile (cancelling plans, stuff like that) so it's probably best to just get it over with!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

I can’t tell if you’re having fun

nero angelo was fun

griffon 2 is the worst fight in all of devil may cry like holy poo poo i don't think it's possible to build something that highlights every one of the game's flaws, harder than it does

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ok i beat it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i also s ranked the mission right after that where you just kinda swim for a minute. good breather thanks dmc

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the colonel is very good at videogames

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

the colonel is very good at videogames

i'm awful at viewtiful joe

also i'm mostly s ranking dmc1 because it doesn't rank you on damage taken or style points, so all that matters is collecting red orbs and not dying and the missions are short enough that i can deal with practicing against a boss for a while and then doing it for real

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
How is the DMC collection on PC? I remember hearing some complaints at release.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I can't tell if the RWBY thing is super popular or if everyone just uses her in Blazblue because she's v strong

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jul 20, 2018

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The Colonel posted:

backlogs are not obligations, they are options

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/12/style/joy-of-missing-out-summer.html

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I just started the FFXII remake and the opening segment is extremely Phantom Menace. Also what did they do to Vaan's abs? He looks almost human now. At least they didn't touch his beady little eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am terrified of opioids

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You are hundreds times bigger than the opioids, they're more scared of you!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

When I had my wisdom teeth taken out it was a relatively smooth process. Admittedly the reason why I had them taken out as early as I did went a lot less well.

I had two vicoden and slept for 48 hours but I came out of the other side with no pain or issues, so my experience was good.

I wonder if my parents thought I was dead.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't tell if the RWBY thing is super popular or if everyone just uses her in Blazblue because she's v strong

In competitive games the answer is almost always the latter

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The one thing I took away from getting my wisdom teeth out in high school was that nitrous oxide is way cooler than I thought it would be. People called it "happy gas" or "laughing gas" but that isn't at all what it did. At the time I was terrified of needles so they gave it to me before they started the process to put me under anesthesia, and it just made me not give a gently caress about anything. It was like reaching a state of nirvana while I was still conscious. They had trouble inserting the IV into my arm and they had to put it in my wrist, which they told me would hurt a lot more (and I knew from prior experience that was true). I was like, fine, go for it. And it did! It hurt a whole lot! And I just didn't give a gently caress. The pain was there, totally unmitigated, but my brain was like :shrug:

That's the only time I've had nitrous oxide but I gotta admit it kinda owned

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When I had my wisdom teeth removed, they gave me vicodin and it just made me sleep for days. Like I don't even think it helped that much with the pain, it just made me sleep through it. I dunno. I didn't love it, I guess, but it was better than being awake with my gums swollen up all uncomfortably.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i got my wisdom teeth out pretty early and the only clear memory i have about it is i was eating a sandwich for lunch by the next day

i still have some leftover 10+ year old vicodin from it i've kept in my shaving kit bag in case i ever needed some powerful painkillers since i ended up using hardly any

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 20, 2018

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when i got my teeth out the they gave me the local anesthesia and i think gas. it went super smooth and i didn’t take any of the pain meds afterwards but having to take care of the giant holes in the jaw sucked

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Why the gently caress is everyone getting Vicodin? Is it an American thing or what?

I can't imagine such a strong painkiller being necessary for that. :psyduck:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's a pretty standard painkiller for surgical recuperation here yeah. occasionally i think you get supersized doses of ibuprofen maybe.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

Why the gently caress is everyone getting Vicodin? Is it an American thing or what?

I can't imagine such a strong painkiller being necessary for that. :psyduck:

Welcome to the American opioid crisis

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Vicodin is tame compared to the omegadeath hyperdrugs being prescribed all over the country.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Man I had codeine for 2 weeks after surgery and that was bad enough, why the hell would you need something x6 the strength? I blame television and violent video games

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Harrow posted:

The one thing I took away from getting my wisdom teeth out in high school was that nitrous oxide is way cooler than I thought it would be. People called it "happy gas" or "laughing gas" but that isn't at all what it did. At the time I was terrified of needles so they gave it to me before they started the process to put me under anesthesia, and it just made me not give a gently caress about anything. It was like reaching a state of nirvana while I was still conscious. They had trouble inserting the IV into my arm and they had to put it in my wrist, which they told me would hurt a lot more (and I knew from prior experience that was true). I was like, fine, go for it. And it did! It hurt a whole lot! And I just didn't give a gently caress. The pain was there, totally unmitigated, but my brain was like :shrug:

That's the only time I've had nitrous oxide but I gotta admit it kinda owned

I miss when nos was easy to get in the UK :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Reading Nan Goldin's story about becoming addicted to Oxy freaked me the hell out.

Also people were talking about dreams before? One of my recurring nightmares is being forcibly injected with heroin. Maybe DARE really did a number on me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Vicodin is tame compared to the omegadeath hyperdrugs being prescribed all over the country.

:psyduck:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I thought I had my wisdom teeth removed as a kid because it wasn't something I even thought about until randomly a few years ago when one of them completely twisted around in the socket. Thankfully it managed to do this on a Friday in a place where there were no dentists who had an office open on Fridays so I had to deal with the excruciating pain until the next week. That was enough to get me to want the rest of them removed preemptively.

Funnily enough just pulling the others out didn't actually hurt that much, I didn't take any of the pain meds they gave me for most of them and didn't even ask when I got the last one out since I got them out in waves.

Also got a root canal on one molar that I couldn't even feel them doing because they used whatever anesthetic it was and so I kept almost falling asleep while they were doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

We've got a pretty serious issue with carfentanyl in the states, an opioid so powerful you can OD by accidentally touching it.

• Locked thread