Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Since everyone's complaining now, I faintly remember someone saying quinoa was bad too. Anyone remember saying something along those lines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Hedenius posted:

I used to wonder why Americans were such babies when it came to raw eggs but then I found out that it’s still possible to get salmonella from eggs in the US. Get rid of that poo poo already.
That sounds like job killing regulations, and that's commie leftie pinko talk.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

yeah I eat rear end posted:

the motherfuckers gave me an eggs benedict with overeasy eggs on top instead of poached and that is just unacceptable.
People who don't cook at all think poached eggs are some kind of magic.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Grits are disgusting, as is quinoa. hth

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

Maybe grits think you're disgusting, huh? What about that?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

DicktheCat posted:

Maybe grits think you're disgusting, huh? What about that?

I mean, I AM a goon

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Since everyone's complaining now, I faintly remember someone saying quinoa was bad too. Anyone remember saying something along those lines?

I’m not honestly a huge fan of quinoa to be honest. But it’s possible I just never had it good. At the same time I’ve tried it dozens of times and it’s always tasted exactly the same to me and I just don’t care for it

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
https://twitter.com/innesmck/status/1020146150551191552

Have a sip.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Croatoan posted:

You didn't even post the worst one.

Oh there is worse.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm like 100 posts late on this but this is :randstare:

Forget the stated application - corn dogs are an uninspired purpose for this thing because this motherfucker will let us cook anything inside anything, and put it on a loving stick. I'm not even sure where to begin, but this thing would let us wrap a taco inside loving lobster meat, and fry it crispy on a stick. I could put fried chicken inside a waffle, and put it on a stick. I could whip up a pineapple cake batter, wrap that poo poo around a chunk of pizza, and put that on a stick.

:aaaaa:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CommonShore posted:

Forget the stated application - corn dogs are an uninspired purpose for this thing because this motherfucker will let us cook anything inside anything, and put it on a loving stick. I'm not even sure where to begin, but this thing would let us wrap a taco inside loving lobster meat, and fry it crispy on a stick. I could put fried chicken inside a waffle, and put it on a stick. I could whip up a pineapple cake batter, wrap that poo poo around a chunk of pizza, and put that on a stick.

I like the way that you think

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

RoboRodent posted:

I don't think I've ever had a corn dog.
I tried a dagwood dog once and it was unbearably greasy. I threw it out after one bite.

Zipperelli. posted:

"Grits" is just another word for polenta, right? Polenta and quinoa are both pretty good. Like, not amazing or anything, but up there with rice or pasta.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Grits is similar, but it is not polenta.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All I know about grits is how long it takes water to soak into one on a redneck's stove

and that no self-respecting southerner uses instant grits

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

I’m not honestly a huge fan of quinoa to be honest. But it’s possible I just never had it good. At the same time I’ve tried it dozens of times and it’s always tasted exactly the same to me and I just don’t care for it

It's definitely quite different in flavour from most other grains, and I think most people try and just substitute it into stuff in place of grand, which doesn't necessarily work. I think it's actually a seed anyway so no surprises that it tastes different. I find it goes really well with root vegetables, particularly pumpkin, sweet potato and beets. One of my favourite winter meals at the moment is a spinach and pumpkin risotto with quinoa instead of rice. It also makes quite a nice porridge-type breakfast food if you cook it in milk and let it soak over night, it goes well with berries.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Good corn dogs, made fresh with beef franks, are delicious. Bad corn dogs, made by Foster Farms and containing franks made of meat byproducts made from mechanically separated meat byproducts - not even the best bits from the meat goo machine, just leftovers we scraped out of the machine then ran through a second time - are sadness and self-loathing incarnate and should not be eaten.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
I have eaten all of those Jimmy Dean products out of curiosity, :smith:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

NorgLyle posted:

People who don't cook at all think poached eggs are some kind of magic.

It's not a huge difference really, it's more of an effort thing that annoys me. It's definitely more difficult than doing an overeasy egg.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tiggum posted:

I tried a dagwood dog once and it was unbearably greasy. I threw it out after one bite.

"Grits" is just another word for polenta, right? Polenta and quinoa are both pretty good. Like, not amazing or anything, but up there with rice or pasta.

They are basically the same, just made from different types of corn. The main difference is the texture.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:allears: drat, I love that avatar.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Data Graham posted:

All I know about grits is how long it takes water to soak into one on a redneck's stove

and that no self-respecting southerner uses instant grits
*says, extremely southernly* Cause instant grits are loving nasty.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CommonShore posted:

How does it fry?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

CommonShore posted:

Use wonton wrappers instead of taco shells for your taco on a stick.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Siljmonster posted:

How does it fry?
What are waffles? Cakes? Fritters? Pastries?
Are they baked, toasted or fried?
We just don't know.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scarodactyl posted:

What are waffles? Cakes? Fritters? Pastries?
Are they baked, toasted or fried?
We just don't know.

lol

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Wouldn't be the first time.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zil posted:

Oh there is worse.

we need some Ooops All * shops. Maybe Oops All Batter or sticks or something.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zil posted:

Oh there is worse.

And I would do it again with no regurts.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Throw quinoa into an oiled pan with broth, canned roasted tomatoes, whatever canned beans you feel like, and whatever seasoning. In 20 minutes or so you'll have something great that can be enjoyed hot or cold.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Pookah posted:

Wouldn't be the first time.

"Just Dump it in your fuckin facehole" stopped being used a diagnostic tool a shockingly short time ago. In old chemistry books you sometimes have some mindblowingly toxic poo poo and it says "tastes like xy". Usually xy is "characteristic". Basically if you taste something very unusual your reaction worked and also you're lightly poisoned

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or like that one chemist who had determined to commit suicide, but figured he should get some Science done while he was at it, so he took copious notes about how cyanide tastes

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Iron Crowned posted:

And I would do it again with no regurts.

When you say regurts do you mean regurgitation?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Whooping Crabs posted:

When you say regurts do you mean regurgitation?

This is a binge no purge zone.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
sounds suspiciously like a food rule there hitler

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a food rule for you

Food Rules!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
cant argue with that :shrug:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
would

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

I've had these. They're not bad for what they are. 280 calories for an easy breakfast in a cube farm with just a microwave? It's fine. The bacon ones are better.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

you could do worse than 260 calories with 110 of them being fat but the sodium is sorta atrocious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's not a huge difference really, it's more of an effort thing that annoys me. It's definitely more difficult than doing an overeasy egg.
Oh I know. I just enjoy watching people on YouTube cooking channels doing weird poo poo like pouring their egg into plastic bags or strange chemical stuff into the simmering water as they try to replicate the wizard's spell that conjured their restaurant breakfast.