Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Someone snagged some pictures of the Cawdor sprue at the recent Open Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Safety Factor posted:

Someone snagged some pictures of the Cawdor sprue at the recent Open Day.

Does the Cawdor book have a release date yet? I'm looking to start a Necromunda league, and am wondering if it's worth waiting for that

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kaza42 posted:

Does the Cawdor book have a release date yet? I'm looking to start a Necromunda league, and am wondering if it's worth waiting for that
Van Saar came out, what, a couple of months ago? They seem to be on 3-4 month cycles for the new gangs so I'd expect Cawdor to be out some time in August/Early September depending on how they want to slot them around Titanicus.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I can't wait to see Scavvy gangs if that's Cawdor.

Or I could just clean up poxwalkers, I guess.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Hey, look, an unboxing video for Adeptus Titanicus.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I think I have some store credit lying around at my FLGS and I’ve always been interested in Blood Bowl. Is the 2016 edition any good? Is the starter set the way to go on that or should I pick things I like? Anyone have any good resources for learning about how it plays now?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Quidthulhu posted:

I think I have some store credit lying around at my FLGS and I’ve always been interested in Blood Bowl. Is the 2016 edition any good? Is the starter set the way to go on that or should I pick things I like? Anyone have any good resources for learning about how it plays now?

It's good! The starter set is the way to go if you want Humans or Orcs, or just need two teams to get started. They sell pitches and stuff separately but once you start getting into buying a field and then teams and whatever it gets as pricey as the starter anyway.

There are good starting rosters and some articles on https://www.bbtactics.com

Keep in mind that because of the distribution of models in the boxes, you're going to need 2 boxes to get those recommended starting teams for everything except like Chaos and Dwarves. Maybe skaven? The teams from one box are definitely playable, though.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

TEMPLATES
:shlick:

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

That's a lot more plastic than I expected when they said it had 8 models. AT looks like a really slick product range too, with all the little details like modular buildings, custom dice, counters, etc. Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff due later in the year.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Get your tissues ready?

:yikes:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
AT is about the only GW game I'm actually interested in trying (with maybe Kill Team in second) so I'm cautiously excited for this.

What I'm really curious about though, is the scale in regards to base size and comparison with existing models. I know there's shots of the Knights next to a BB model and that the Knights are on what look to be 40mm bases; going by those, I'd imagine the Reaver is about Dreadknight size (so like 4-4.5"), and the Warlord about 6" tall (so, 40k Knight size, I think).

I've got 2 of the Dreamforge 15mm Leviathans from back when I still played 40k and which I never assembled, so I figure I may as well do something with them. AT might just be what they're good for.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I've been able to avoid the siren's call (banshee's call?) of the AoS spooky bois, but AT is completely going to destroy the balance in my Paypal account.

EDIT: I'm trying to figure out where you're supposed to play this game. With the titan cards being 8.5" x 11" (at least,) and you using, on average, four, plus the Knight cards, you're going to need a big freaking table to allow for all of this crap.

Also, I can see weapons cards flying off the titan displays with the slightest breeze or tap.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 17, 2018

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

berzerkmonkey posted:

Also, I can see weapons cards flying off the titan displays with the slightest breeze or tap.

Poster tack sticks nicely to that sort of gloss card without staining, doesn’t it?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Kill Team has/will have mortal wounds :vomarine:

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Are mortal wounds a bad thing?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

always be closing posted:

Are mortal wounds a bad thing?

They're wounds that you don't roll to wound for, and which the target doesn't get a save against.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Oh, freebies? Gross.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
They seem pretty rare from what I read looking over the various factions they got blurbs on currently

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

always be closing posted:

Oh, freebies? Gross.

You still have to hit or get some special ability off or whatever but yeah.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

They seem way better than Instant Death so far.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I don't believe that they're a good patch for the main game's deathstar problem as it existed in 7e - mortal wounds aren't a law of physics, so it's entirely possible that GW's lovely rule writers will eventually make deathstars immune to them - and they're the worst. Removing models without being able to do anything (even if that "do" is an armor save roll) about it is probably the worst experience in any game, and mortal wounds is an institutionalized version of that.

Hopefully, all the ways to get them in KT will require expenditure of command points and we won't see any "auto MW/MW on a roll of 6+" weapons.

Instant Death at the very least allows you an armor save.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

JcDent posted:

I don't believe that they're a good patch for the main game's deathstar problem as it existed in 7e - mortal wounds aren't a law of physics, so it's entirely possible that GW's lovely rule writers will eventually make deathstars immune to them - and they're the worst. Removing models without being able to do anything (even if that "do" is an armor save roll) about it is probably the worst experience in any game, and mortal wounds is an institutionalized version of that.

Hopefully, all the ways to get them in KT will require expenditure of command points and we won't see any "auto MW/MW on a roll of 6+" weapons.

Instant Death at the very least allows you an armor save.

I thought Kill Team was like Necromunda in that when you've lost all your wounds you get to roll to keep going on with a flesh wound. If that's the case then mortal wounds aren't instant death.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
On a 1,2 or 3 you take a flesh wound, which cause stacking penalties. 4+ and out of action.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Spotted 2 Kill Team unboxing vids today; one was good. (Which is to say, short.)

Colored plastic on the terrain. Neat.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 19, 2018

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Stephenls posted:

Spotted 2 Necromunda unboxing vids today; one was good. (Which is to say, short.)

Colored plastic on the terrain. Neat.

KT not NM - I was excited for a second thinking this was a secret release!

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

berzerkmonkey posted:

KT not NM - I was excited for a second thinking this was a secret release!

Oh Goddamnit.

Thanks; fixed.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
They got some watch it played and unboxing video's popping up, think I'll actually pre-order this Saturday. The question is do I want to support a games workshop store that I have NEVER visited before, last time I went to a GW I was in another state, or try my luck with local mom and pop? Or be a cheap bastard and do it online to save 20%
Wish I knew how the local community was ugh

Looks like you do need a few more Nid people to make them work but I really dig what I am seeing. That and the models are cool

edit: here's the vid I'm currently watching

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Yeah, what I have seen looks good and quick to play.

And I'm currently working out just how many teams I have/can easily build. It's a lot.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Just gently caress Forgworld in advance. They could capitalize on KT to push Krieg as well as doing KT 30K

but they won't

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah except they'd gently caress it up, which would be worse than no KT30k or Krieg.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
KT 30k is already covered by VisV and they’re expanding that in the next black book, as I understand it

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It’s easy money that FW don’t even know that KT is a thing.

They’re being ran by an idiot.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Tiny Chalupa posted:

They got some watch it played and unboxing video's popping up, think I'll actually pre-order this Saturday. The question is do I want to support a games workshop store that I have NEVER visited before, last time I went to a GW I was in another state, or try my luck with local mom and pop? Or be a cheap bastard and do it online to save 20%
Wish I knew how the local community was ugh

Looks like you do need a few more Nid people to make them work but I really dig what I am seeing. That and the models are cool

edit: here's the vid I'm currently watching

A GW store doesn't need your support. If you want to support someone, support the local B&M that offers a free play area. To be honest though, most local game stores aren't being supported by miniature sales - Magic is what keeps most places afloat.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

berzerkmonkey posted:

A GW store doesn't need your support. If you want to support someone, support the local B&M that offers a free play area. To be honest though, most local game stores aren't being supported by miniature sales - Magic is what keeps most places afloat.

Magic, candybars, soda, and pitty purchases; this is what keeps FLGS open. Sadly.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Yeah, even my FLGS majorly relies on magic.

And yes, FW is run by massive tools.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

JcDent posted:

Just gently caress Forgworld in advance. They could capitalize on KT to push Krieg as well as doing KT 30K

but they won't

Once I have the book in hand I will do HH KT.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I probably already said this, but FW could do 30K KT so easily because their resin bullshitry allows them to put many varied miniatures in a box without making new sprues.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
That'd require one of them to stop sculpting super specific weapon variants or LotR crap and write the rules and that just won't do.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

That would require them to stop releasing

doooooooors

Elysians would still be there if there were Elysian doors to sell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SteelMentor posted:

That'd require one of them to stop sculpting super specific weapon variants or LotR crap and write the rules and that just won't do.

Please don't hate on Lord of the Rings crap, it's very nice crap