Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Alisson's gloves have "AB1" on them

Kind of awkward seeing as that's Karius's number...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

EvilHawk posted:

Alisson's gloves have "AB1" on them

Kind of awkward seeing as that's Karius's number...

It probably isn't

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

turns out it was actually a bargain

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1020056511761010689

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Cool.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
He has eczema

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Can't wait to see how this is going to turn out.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

I hope he's not too flaky.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Can't wait for the insanely bad Elvis Costello-inspired songs to be thought up by Liverpool supporters.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

fat gay nonce posted:

Alisson is a girls name

its scandinavian for the son of Ali

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Brony Car posted:

That being said, I think TAA still needs to improve. Both he and Gomez both committed rookie errors last season and peak Clyne was better than either of them from a defensive standpoint. Plus, doesn't TAA ultimately want to become a midfielder?

sure, Clyne is dope, but i still think TAA would start for decent number of PL sides and he's an academy product. pretty certain he was played in midfield a few times, too, and also Gomez is supposed to be a CB, right?

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

EvilHawk posted:

Please don't be poo poo please don't be poo poo please don't be poo poo

Streamlined Bluto.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Couldn't liverpool have gotten, like, Jan Oblak for not even half of what they paid for Alisson?

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 19, 2018

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The SituAsian posted:

Couldn't liverpool have gotten, like, Jan Oblak for not even half what they paid for Alisson?

Oblak is the same age and plays for a better club than Roma so probably not.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

The SituAsian posted:

Couldn't liverpool have gotten, like, Jan Oblak for maybe two-thirds of what they paid for Alisson?

Lol no, oblak will move for something ridiculous like 80-90. Hes really really good and insane prices have reached gks.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Lol no, oblak will move for something ridiculous like 80-90. Hes really really good and insane prices have reached gks.

Thanks. Literally edited my post a second after shaping replied since I actually took the time to Google 'Oblak transfer value' and realized I had become stuck in time

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

Born...to be (a) Red, shall we say?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I'm sure everyone thinks that all the Scousers are booming, but given that Liverpool just bought a whole ton of new players, what are the chances that it's going to take a while for everyone to gel? I feel like a whole new spine was just bought from various different clubs and I don't see it all clicking instantly.

The SituAsian posted:

Couldn't liverpool have gotten, like, Jan Oblak for not even half of what they paid for Alisson?

Shrapnig posted:

Oblak is the same age and plays for a better club than Roma so probably not.

Jan Oblak's release clause is reportedly set at 100,000,000 Euros.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/30/liverpool-target-jan-oblaks-release-clause-7590934/

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 20, 2018

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Brony Car posted:

I'm sure everyone thinks that all the Scousers are booming, but given that Liverpool just bought a whole ton of new players, what are the chances that it's going to take a while for everyone to gel? I feel like a whole new spine was just bought from various different clubs and I don't see it all clicking instantly.

Spurs and Bale money.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sad King Billy posted:

Streamlined Bluto.

Lol

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Brony Car posted:

The only place where this might be an issue is in the midfield three, and that's only for the start of the season with Henderson not returning until quite late. I think that's why Klopp has been giving Fabinho and Keita plenty of time together in these first few friends, then I reckon he'll pick his third man (I imagine it'll be Milner) and concentrate on them playing together.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Jan Oblak's release clause is reportedly set at 100,000,000 Euros.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/30/liverpool-target-jan-oblaks-release-clause-7590934/

Probably true but Klopp's got a lot of business done early now (I still think Fekir could happen) and I haven't heard any big money swoop rumours for Mané or Salah. Other teams will presumably be doing a lot of business in the next couple of weeks so we should be as prepared as possible and hopefully better than the other challengers for the top 4 trophy.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

greazeball posted:

Probably true but Klopp's got a lot of business done early now (I still think Fekir could happen) and I haven't heard any big money swoop rumours for Mané or Salah. Other teams will presumably be doing a lot of business in the next couple of weeks so we should be as prepared as possible and hopefully better than the other challengers for the top 4 trophy.

Wasn’t there the whole thing about Mane reportedly having agreed verbally to move to Madrid before the World Cup?

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
We have confirmed our place in the big boys league by signing a player with no chance of getting a visa (Percy Tau, South African POTY) and immediately sending him on loan to Europe.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
With all of the Fekir chatter, wouldn't his arrival effectively spell the end of Lallana's time at the club or is Fekir more in the mould of a front three option?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

aellisr posted:

With all of the Fekir chatter, wouldn't his arrival effectively spell the end of Lallana's time at the club or is Fekir more in the mould of a front three option?

Hasn't Fekir been pretty much ruled out by the club and a bunch of journalists who would generally be good for this stuff?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

There's two things going on with Fekir:

-Liverpool tried to lowball at the last minute, after a price had been agreed, claiming his ACL was still a concern, which pissed off Jean-Michel Aulas and OL
-Fekir is now a World Cup winner, which will drive his price way up

I'm not saying Fekir isn't going to Liverpool but it's going to be way harder to make happen now than it was originally

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I very much doubt we'll sign Fekir after the amount of money we've spaffed elsewhere...

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I don't know, Klopp seems to fixate on certain players and we haven't really signed anyone else in the Coutinho mould so I wouldn't rule anything out.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Wasn’t there the whole thing about Mane reportedly having agreed verbally to move to Madrid before the World Cup?

He's taking the #10 shirt so no that's not happening (and was always utter bullshit).

Jason Sextro posted:

There's two things going on with Fekir:

-Liverpool tried to lowball at the last minute, after a price had been agreed, claiming his ACL was still a concern, which pissed off Jean-Michel Aulas and OL

It wasn't that we tried to lowball. Apparently the details of the deal haven't changed in terms of final sums, but we tried to renegotiate how those payments were made (I'd imagine with more conditional clauses rather than definite ones) based on the dodgy knee.

There was also some craziness that we had tried to insert some sort of buyback clause if he got injured long term which sounded mental but who knows.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

greazeball posted:

I don't know, Klopp seems to fixate on certain players and we haven't really signed anyone else in the Coutinho mould so I wouldn't rule anything out.

Coutinho is good but not really the player who fits perfectly into the system he's using at liverpool

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Jose posted:

Coutinho is good but not really the player who fits perfectly into the system he's using at liverpool

I mean someone who can play the pass to unlock the middle of a stacked defense, rather than perpetual sideways passing around the box until a fullback puts in a cross. Keïta could be that guy, I've never really watched him but I get the impression that he's like Çan but less disappointing going forward.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I hope Liverpool signs Fekir so liverpoo fans can make a million unfunny posts about “Nibble Fucker” like they already have

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I hope Liverpool signs Fekir so liverpoo fans can make a million unfunny posts about “Nibble Fucker” like they already have

I also hope this for exactly the same reason.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/MercWatfordFC/status/1020349401930215424

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

lmao that's a lot of money for a player who had half a good season

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Pozzo's are loving amazing businesspeople.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I, for one, am excited for the dynamic duo of Feqiri

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

well gently caress, if everton are willing to spend stupid money on average players I'll let them take Welbeck off our hands

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Leicester have signed Danny Ward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

silly season indeed

• Locked thread